Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Naples - Positano Private Car

Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:04 am
Original Poster

I was googling and searching around the forums for any recommendations for a private car service from Naples to Positano for my upcoming Italy trip. I have read about the train and bus transfers but definitely think with luggage and simplicity I would rather just hire a car for my Wife and I from Naples.

What companies are reputable? I was looking around the internet but a lot of services have bad reviews or Peche having a warning post about a year ago of "brokers".

We are staying at the Villa Rosa and I had emailed them to ask, they said they could set up a Private taxi for 110 Euro, which didn't seem to unreasonable. Any other services people recommend?

Figure if not, I would go through the Villa Rosa.

Thanks,
Bill
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
From Naples to Positano is really a long shot, not just for the distance itself, but for the kind of twisty road and occasional traffic jams.
Throwing in the waiting time and highway toll, 110€ sounds really good to me.

I did few searches quoting NCC (renting with a driver) and never got less than 130€: http://www.positano.com/it/trasferimenti.

But with the 'guarantee' of the hotel reservation you're not going to be charged more than agreed, which is not the case anyway for any reserved booking.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
My wife and I got back from Positano a week ago today. We used Anthony at Amalfi Transfers both ways (on a recommendation from another traveler on this forum), and I highly recommend him and his service. He lives in Amalfi with his wife and young daughter and is very familiar with the roads having driven them his whole life. We met him in Salerno and departed from Naples. Naples to Positano was quicker but less beautiful.

http://www.amalfitransfer.com/

100 Euro each direction. We desperately miss Positano, can't wait to get back there. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, Bill.

Steve
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Did you happen to stop at Pompeii on your transfer at all?

We were considering that as a quick stop on the way to positano. Not 100% sure yet but seemed efficient way to see Pompeii for an hour or two.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by thebill0322
Did you happen to stop at Pompeii on your transfer at all?

We were considering that as a quick stop on the way to positano. Not 100% sure yet but seemed efficient way to see Pompeii for an hour or two.
Quick stop? Ha ha ha ha! You'll need several hours to see Pompei, and even then you won't have see most of what is worth seeing (e.g., add another hour for the Villa dei misteri). I've been there three or four times, and I never stayed for less than 4 hours...
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:32 am
BLV

I've been using SorrentoSilverStar.com for all of my transfers every year for almost 10 years.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
No quick stop on the transfer, we went from Salerno right to Positano.

We considered doing a full day trip out to Pompeii, but didn't get to it opting instead for a relaxing boat trip to/from Capri.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.