Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wild scenes at FCO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Wild scenes at FCO

Amazing scenes at FCO today involving Vueling flites. Thousands of angry passengers stranded as there are no gates for the planes, leading to crews refusing to fly because of overtime rules. On flite to paris, the pilot literally shoved the ground person out the door of the aircraft with passengers standing on the steps screaming "i am the commander of this aircarft and i won't fly it until I am convinced it is safe." he then pushed the ground crew out the door, which he closed and barred passengers from entering for hours. The flite was four hours late taking off
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:50 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by uppereastff
...Vueling flites ... flite to paris ... The flite ...
*flight
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
My first and last Vueling flight started with the flight attendants loading the baggage and then coming on board as our cabin crew. Talk about cross training.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I think our definitions of wild differ quite markedly.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer
My first and last Vueling flight started with the flight attendants loading the baggage and then coming on board as our cabin crew. Talk about cross training.
That reminds me of my flight EWR-BOS on People Express in 1982: Luggage was loaded by both FAs and pilots, all of whom had a silver name tag that indicated "Manager".
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:42 am

OP, that sounds like a typical day in Italy
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
OP, that sounds like a typical day in Italy
Hmmmm, a bit prejudicial, don't you think? Let's not forget that Vueling is a Spanish company, and you don't even know the real reason why this happened. I don't really think that's very funny!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.