Wiki Posts
Search

Booking tours with Viator

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Booking tours with Viator

First, thank you to everyone that have answered my previous questions and helped me plan my trip to Italy this summer. I am looking to book our tours with viator.com. We want to do the gladiator training, vatican tour and collosseum upper tier, arena and underground. Is this a good website that people have had good experiences with?

Thank you,
Deanna
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:53 am

I like this company!

I booked 2 tours with them - a cooking class in Florence and a horseback ride in Siena.

My friend and I signed up for the horseback ride on a certain day but it was raining. The stable called to move to the next day, if possible. We agreed to try for the next day, but it was also raining that morning. They tried to be very accommodating so we could get what we had paid for, so asked if there was another day we could do. I was able to go on the third day, but my friend couldn't as she was leaving Siena that morning. I don't think she tried to get a refund from Viator (she probably forgot about it.)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Noob
I have used Viator in the past for a few activities on London and Paris trips. Never had any problems! They even allowed me to change one of my reservations for a different day because I had already gotten tickets to something else (unrelated to Viator). I would go ahead and use them. From my understanding, you can book the same tours on your own and cut Viator out as they are only a middleman. The tours are not run through them.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: continental united starwood hilton marriott
Use them

Recently began to use them, results were A1.
They gave ne exactly what I thought I booked and were able, without fuss to change some tours.
Some of the events, I would not of thought of and was pleasantly surprised
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:46 pm

I did the group tours the first time I went to Italy and they were good, but last year I used www.ilariamarsilirometours.com. Ilaria will give your family a personal tour of St. Peter's, the Colosium and anything else you want to see. She is a great tour guide and is very reasonably priced (she will work to meet your budget). Also we went on the Rome food tour, www.foodtoursofrome.com. It may seem pricey but the amount of different foods and information makes this tour worthwhile. Bruno is a great food/tour guide. The 4 hrs. go by so fast. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.