Italian accountant

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Italian accountant

Hi

I was wondering if any FTers are, or know of, a good accountant familiar with Italian tax law and especially foreign income for Italian residents, that speaks English.

Bit of a longshot I know, but if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ben
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by bensyd
Hi

I was wondering if any FTers are, or know of, a good accountant familiar with Italian tax law and especially foreign income for Italian residents, that speaks English.

Thanks

Ben
I think you have to narrow it down to a city or region. It won't be useful to have then name of one in Milano for an affair in Rome.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:18 pm

Hi

Thanks

Ben
You should cross-post this to ExpatForums. You'll get more Italian tax residents there than you will find here.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Perche
I think you have to narrow it down to a city or region. It won't be useful to have then name of one in Milano for an affair in Rome.
The location isn't too important, I don't think. Short story, we're arranging to buyout an Australian company part owned by Italians and with the majority owned by us and for our own interest we're trying to get an understanding of the tax implications for them of a selective share buyback v us purchasing their shares.

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
You should cross-post this to ExpatForums. You'll get more Italian tax residents there than you will find here.
Thanks, I'll give that a go.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Short story, we're arranging to buyout an Australian company part owned by Italians and with the majority owned by us and for our own interest we're trying to get an understanding of the tax implications for them of a selective share buyback v us purchasing their shares.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.
I raise the question of whether you need an accountant or an attorney. The function is a little different from the states. An accountant here just keeps control of the records, and is more or less a bean counter who can tell when things are adding up. I doubt that they would volunteer tax advice. They are called contabiles, because they just count. Perhaps you want an attorney? Marco Q Rossi has a medium sized firm with offices in the New York and Italy, and it seems he does this thing. Initial consultation is free.

http://www.euitalianinternationaltax.com/promo/about/
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Perche
I raise the question of whether you need an accountant or an attorney. The function is a little different from the states. An accountant here just keeps control of the records, and is more or less a bean counter who can tell when things are adding up. I doubt that they would volunteer tax advice. They are called contabiles, because they just count. Perhaps you want an attorney? Marco Q Rossi has a medium sized firm with offices in the New York and Italy, and it seems he does this thing. Initial consultation is free.

http://www.euitalianinternationaltax.com/promo/about/
Ahh...Thanks for that, I did wonder why the all the accountants I found Googling seemed to offer services that are more like those of a bookkeeper. I'll get in touch with my solicitors, they have an office in London and I'm sure will have a Italian based contact who can assist. Damn lawyers are always more expensive than accountants!

Thanks again, Perche.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.