Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

How is Radisson Blu in Rome?

How is Radisson Blu in Rome?

Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:41 am

Thought I'd leave my two cents here also.

Just returned from a four night stay using the no-longer 2for1 credit card perk. Hard to beat that value.

Biggest complaint is the style of the room. I had the older style room where the shower is behind the bed. The reviews you have read/heard on FT and tripadvisor are true.....who on earth designed this clusterf*ck. Girlfriend mentioned that it felt like she was in a prison cell. The steel bathroom fixtures (sink, shower pan, etc.) was just awkward. Room felt dirty and dingy (shag carpet, stuck/sticky light controls, creaky door, etc.). The room was originally facing the train station, so I called down to ask for an inside facing room and one with an actual tub. They obliged. Second room was much better, but still awkward, but doable. So make sure you ask for a room with a tub!

Location was fine. Read all the comments about it being in a bad area, but did not find that to be true. Of course it's not the nicest part of town, but I never felt unsafe. The area is more for the working class locals and location isn't all too bad....easy access to Vittorio Emmanuel and Termini metro station, and just about a 10-15 minute walk to the Colloseum.

Not sure if I will ever return though. Room was just awkward and the location, although not bad, wasn't as centrally located as I'm use to.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Thanks for the update! I had been considering burning some of my points there, but was leaning against it due to some of the previous comments- I appreciate the detail you provided (it definitely sounds like it wouldn't work well for my family).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.