Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Under the radar, sea-side town(s) for wedding ceremony?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Under the radar, sea-side town(s) for wedding ceremony?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by kamel123
Well, it doesn't really fit your initial briefing of "under the radar and thus cheaper" but is of course a great choice. Wish you a fantastic wedding!
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Ah well, you gotta start with the bargains, and if they don't meet the requirements you either compromise or put up It happened with my wedding too - my wife's absolute top, nothing else even close, venue opened up for our wedding date after we'd already paid a (modest) deposit to another location. I'll spare you the suspense tell you we ate the deposit and moved the wedding.
Originally Posted by Perche
Certainly not under the radar and cheaper, it's going to cost, and be crowded. Weddings go up in price like that. Im almost all cases, the money spent is the best investment of your life, so enjoy it.
Yeah, we had a few specific bases to hit, and it turns out many of the "less known" places just were going to be too difficult to plan. Our time is worth something as well and some of the places we looked, we'd really be re-inventing the wheel on a few vendor fronts, which as a wedding vendor myself, I know would've caused a lot of headaches and lost in translation moments.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
I stayed next door at the Caruso for 4 nights in May. Loved Ravello -- all of the Amalfi Coast area. The Avino looks very nice. Beautiful garden next door where we saw a wedding taking place (wonder if that is what you were eyeing?). I know its a Virtuouso property -- did you book through them? Also, we used a reliable and well-priced car service. If you don't have one yet -- feel free to PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.