Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Train Questions - Ancona - Bologna - Venice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Train Questions - Ancona - Bologna - Venice

So we're arriving on the overnight ferry to Ancona, making our way to Venice with a stop over in Bologna for a few hours. Do I need to buy 2 separate tickets: Ancona - Bologna and Bologna - Venice or just one with a stop over?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Discount tickets on express/long haul trains limit you to certain trains. Check trenitalia. If it's regional train, you can take any.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
I haven't checked recently, but even regionale tickets always had a time restriction, though they weren't restricted to a specific train. Regionale journeys on paper tickets had to be completed within 6 hours of validating the ticket, and regionale journeys on online tickets (which are prevalidated for a regionale train you choose) had to be completed within 4 hours of that chosen train's departure time. As I said, I'm not sure that's still true, but it's something to check out in the unlikely event that you're planning on doing this whole trip on the slow trains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.