Ladurée, that most renowned Parisian institution, is opening in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:21 am
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Ladurée, that most renowned Parisian institution, is opening in Rome

This is great. I just read about it on 06blog.it and now I have yet one more reason to be excited about returning to Rome.

It will be located in the "Tridente" area on Via Borgognona near Via Belsiana. Here's a google streetview of that corner and here's the map view so you can place it within Rome to get your bearings. (That address you see on Google is just a guess on my part, I used it just to bring up that street corner in question).

And here's the blog post from 06blog.it (in Italian): Ladurée a Roma, finalmente. In via Borgognona

And here's a google translation (and as always, these translations are very clunky, but it will at least give non-Italian speakers the gist): Ladurée in Rome, finally. On Via Borgognona

And here's the website for Ladurée - even its delicious (really - check it out and I bet you'll start craving something sweet). I see their website shows the two Milan locations, here and here, but I don't see mention of their Rome store yet. Any Roman FTers or fellow tourists walk past Via Borgognona e Via Belsiana recently and spot this yet?

On a personal note, I'm so happy about this. Each opportunity I've had to travel to Europe in recent years I've always chosen Rome because I'm so in love with it - but I have missed Paris. And most of all I missed Ladurée. I really couldn't be happier! (Well maybe I'd be happier if they finally came to Los Angeles. Then I'd be happier - and - fatter).
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
This is truly great news! stopping at Laduree whether in Paris, New York, or at Heathrow is always a must! Now I will have a chance to do so in my favorite city.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:39 am
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickyEWR
This is truly great news! stopping at Laduree whether in Paris, New York, or at Heathrow is always a must! Now I will have a chance to do so in my favorite city.
Then you and I are truly fellow travelers!

And I have more good news to report, it's due to open October 25th!!!

Puntarella Rossa, a Roman foodie blog that I'm just becoming acquainted with posted this: Macaron, Ladurée a Roma il 25 ottobre

Here's the google translation: Macaron, Ladurée in Rome on October 25 (and don't be mislead by google's error in translating the opening date to read next year)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
That's great! Will be in Rome in a few months and later next year.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:36 am

Thanks for the tip.
For the good of the FT community I'll sacrifice myself and try the famous french maison as soon as it opens in order to provide you a feedback :-)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:49 am
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamm
Thanks for the tip.
For the good of the FT community I'll sacrifice myself and try the famous french maison as soon as it opens in order to provide you a feedback :-)
Your brave and noble sacrifice will be much appreciated!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:06 am
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

I just noticed that the 'foodie' blog Puntarella Rossa posted another article the following day. And it's quite derisive: Duello sui macaron: moda o miracolo?

And poorly translated through google: Duel on the macaron: fad or miracle?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:58 pm
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

Today marked the grand opening of Rome's Ladurée

Here's the enchanting website for Ladurée, a website that's actually worth a visit. And from that website here's their brand new Rome location: Ladurée Roma

Located at: Via Borgognona 4C (that's a link to google maps)
Schedules and Opening Hours for Ladurée Roma:
Monday from 2:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday to Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.

And some pictures of today's opening and the pretty new store courtesy of Cupcakes in Rome and Erica Firpo:
From the twitter account of Cupcakes in Rome: https://twitter.com/cupcakesinrome (the first 2 pix are from their Facebook account):
And from Erica Firpo's twitter account: https://twitter.com/Moscerina (but she included some disappointing news - no croissants!)

Last edited by sk3; Oct 25, 2012 at 6:09 pm
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:07 am
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

My last update here, I promise.

06blog.it posted this today: Ladurée Roma: non solo macarons

And here it is google translated: Ladurée Rome: not only macarons

And I admit to being disappointed. When I first read about this I thought the Rome location would be similar to its Paris store, and that there'd be a tea room with seating. And that I could have my Carrie Bradshaw at Ladurée moment - in Rome. Oh well. Guess I'll have to go back to Paris for that.
(For my fellow SATC fans, here's the scene on Youtube, 44 seconds: An American Girl In Paris - Part Une )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.