Business dinner in Rome

Subscribe
I will be traveling for business in Rome this autumn and would like some suggestions for business dinner locations. I will be hosting one group of 8-10 and another of approximately 30-35. Priorities include:

Good food
Proximity to Grand Flora Marriott
Price (smaller group a bit more leeway, but at most ~100 EUR per person including wine for the larger one.)

All suggestions greatly appreciated.
Quote: I will be traveling for business in Rome this autumn and would like some suggestions for business dinner locations. I will be hosting one group of 8-10 and another of approximately 30-35. Priorities include:

Good food
Proximity to Grand Flora Marriott
Price (smaller group a bit more leeway, but at most ~100 EUR per person including wine for the larger one.)

All suggestions greatly appreciated.
A suggestion: post this same question on Chowhound's Italy Forum. Some Rome foodie experts regularly contribute there (Maureen Fant, Elizabeth Minchilli, Katie Parla) and I imagine you'll get terrificly helpful replies.

And here's a suggestion for something that's somewhat close to the Marriott, Colline Emiliane - but I don't know anything regarding its ability to accommodate a large group. (The linked post references the restaurant's location relative to the Westin Excelsior, which is also on Via Veneto a couple of blocks down from the Marriott).
Quote: I will be traveling for business in Rome this autumn and would like some suggestions for business dinner locations. I will be hosting one group of 8-10 and another of approximately 30-35...
I have a new thought. Being that this is Flyertalk afterall, and that your needs are business related (versus needing a venue for an important family function), what about dining at the hotel itself. The restaurant could easily accommodate your group of 8-10 and you could arrange for a private banquet room with catering for your group of 30-35. Making the arrangements directly with the hotel should be a breeze (versus attempting arrangements for a group of 35 with an independent, Italian restaurateur). Plus the receipts will be nice and orderly and attached to your stay folio making your expense report a piece of cake.

And just think of all those points!
Thinking along the lines of earning hotel points, the nearby SPG property Hotel Eden has a well reviewed rooftop restaurant that boasts a spectacular view. For your dinner of 8-10 this might be a far more "special" setting than the Marriott's restaurant but equally easy to arrange.

I don't see SPG listed in your sidebar, but it's a great chain to accrue points with and you can tranfer SPG points to many airline programs with a 25% bonus. And even without a stay, all members may earn Starpoints for eligible spend on food and beverage at participating hotels or resorts.

Here's the link the Hotel Eden's page on the restaurant:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=1872
And here's the restaurant's dedicated website (you can check out its menu there):
La Terrazza dell'Eden

And here are walking directions from the Marriott.

Regarding your dinner for 30-35 people, with the thought of earning points, you could also plan something at the Excelsior down the street from the Marriott, or at the Eden, and earn SPG points. Just throwing this out there in case you didn't like the Marriott's banquet and catering offers. I haven't been able to find the relevant thread on FT's SPG forum re earning points for event planning, but I did find this Points Guy post: How To Earn Hotel Points With Meetings

And from the Starwood Meetings and Events site here is the Hotel Eden and Westin Excelsior links.
Ai Fienaroli is 2- 4 blocks away from the Gran Flora. My wife and I enjoyed dinner there in February 2 nights in a row. The 2nd night they handled a large pharmaceutical company dinner well. Ai Fienaroli was recommended by the Gran Flora. Contact info:

00187 Roma
Via Sardegna, 135-137
Tel. 06 58334751
www.aifienaroli.it
Thanks
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far.

We will be getting Marriott catering for lunches, so hoping to venture out somewhat for the dinners. I hadn't really thought much about the points angle (silly me) but even including that I would put it last among my considerations. That said, the Eden does look like a great place for the more intimate dinner.