Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Rome, taxi, new fares

Another increase.

Fares are roughly 20% higher.

Re the flat fares to/from the airports, some news:

FCO -Stazione Ostiense 45 euros
FCO -Mura Aureliane 48 euros
FCO -Stazione Tiburtina 55 euros (insane, there's the train @ 8 euros!)
FCO -Porto di Civitavecchia 120 euros

And then a capping: € 70 euros from/to the area within the ring, from/to the airport

CIA - Mura Aureliane 30 euros
CIA - Stazione Ostiense 30 euros
CIA - Stazione Tiburtina 35 euros

http://www.turismoroma.it/infoviaggio/con-laereo
http://www.turismoroma.it/infoviaggio/taxi
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:42 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
I noticed recently that a bookmark I had for Roma Capitale's page on the fixed rates no longer worked, but instead through that official site I found a linked 4 page pdf detailing all the fares and rules, and the various fixed rates.

(The first page is in Italian, 2nd page is in English, 3rd in Spanish and the fourth page shows the map of the area within the Aurelian walls and lists the main taxi ranks):
Taxi Fares

And at the end of the pdf this helpful (and seemingly new) website is linked:
How to move in Rome by taxi
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:46 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
More official links:

For the 060608 site (in English) Taxi - Info, fares, infoline

From that site it says:
HOW DOES IT WORK
060609 Call a taxi operates through a voice recognition system that recognizes street names. Once you have dialled the number (+39 060609), just follow the instructions: clearly indicate the pick up address and the system will redirect the call to the nearest taxi rank, where a taxi driver will answer your call.
But here's 060608's page showing the individual taxi companies with their individual phone numbers/websites Transports » Getting around » By taxi

Note regarding paying with credit cards:
On that page directly linked above I clicked on a handful of those individual taxi company names highlighted in orange and saw a large majority saying "All Credit Cards Accepted" - so perhaps it would make sense to call one of those companies directly when using credit cards -

Last edited by sk3; Aug 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.