Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback on my 1-month Italian Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Feedback on my 1-month Italian Itinerary

I would love to get feedback on this itinerary I'm about to book for a 4-week jaunt around Italy (my first time to the country)....

5 nights in Rome (probably Hotel Eden, Hassler or Regina Baglioni)
Then to Capri for 2-3 nights @ Caesar Augustus or Capri Palace
then Ravello (Hotel Caruso or Palazzo Sasso) & Positano (Sirenuse or San Pietro) for 2-3 nights each, with a day-trip to Pompeii
then take train to Florence in one of the Ferregamo (Lugarno Suites) properties for 3-4 nights with day trip to Lucca
then head to Tuscany for 5-6 nights (2 different properties, Banfi and Il Borro), maybe swing into Umbria
then head to Portofino (Splendido Mare) with day trip to Cinque Terre (3 nights total)
then head to Bellagio on Lake Como for 2-3 nights
then Dolemites, Rosa Alpina looks great for 2-3 nights
then Venice (3-4 nights) @ Ca Segredo & fly home
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
Your intinerary sounds like a dream about to come true. You're hitting some great places in Italy and you are wise to slow down enough to spend three nights or more at many of your destinations.

If I were planning such a trip, I would:

*Work Sicily into the plan - Palermo, Siracusa and perhaps Agrigento.

*Combine Ravello and Positano stops and simply stay in Ravello (unless you are intent on patronizing Positano's glorious high-end hotels).

*Drop the Dolomites.

*Consider staying at times at establishments other than high-end hotels that can insulate you from the places you are visiting.

My two lira ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.