Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tipping in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Tipping in Italy

Great help from my friend Katie Parla who lives in Rome and writes and travels extensively.

http://www.parlafood.com/tips-for-tipping-in-italy/
Old Jun 12, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Pretty good, except for 'Often locals and regulars are exempt from this charge", re the service charge.
If anyone can recommend any restaurant waiving charges to locals, that would be appreciated
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alice11
Pretty good, except for 'Often locals and regulars are exempt from this charge", re the service charge.
If anyone can recommend any restaurant waiving charges to locals, that would be appreciated
You can email Katie and ask her.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:42 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
What about concierges, and hotel workers etc...I don't mind tipping, I just usually bring my bags and find my hotel room myself, not sure the practice in Rome/the rest of Italy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.