Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" RA qualifiying limits as of June 1st, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by zpoppy
I was told today by ambassador service that I need 60 nights in a minimum of 3 different ICs and that stays at the rest of the IHG family dont count :-(
There is a possibility this is correct.

With the recent changes to the PC site removing Ambassador status from display, it may mean there is an intention to change qualifying stays to the top 1% of IC rather than IHG stays.

I hope not because this will kill my prospects of qualifying again, along with many others.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 4:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by midnight
There is a possibility this is correct.

With the recent changes to the PC site removing Ambassador status from display, it may mean there is an intention to change qualifying stays to the top 1% of IC rather than IHG stays.

I hope not because this will kill my prospects of qualifying again, along with many others.
This maybe the case but PC CS have been blurting out this rubbish for years. Obviously I too hope it isn't correct or I'm well and truly stuffed for requal this year.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:29 pm
adr

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, IC RA
First time qualifying v. requalifying

I recently first-time qualified on 54 or 55 nights at 3 ICs.

Are re-qualifying requirements usually the same?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
For those that also requalified, how soon after requalifying do you receive a new kit? Was renewed March 5th, but today April 1 still no new kit...
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A friend of mine was just promoted to RA status at 55 paid nights
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by mnredfox
For those that also requalified, how soon after requalifying do you receive a new kit? Was renewed March 5th, but today April 1 still no new kit...
My RA expiry each year is April.

This years auto renewal was on 28 Jan and my kit was received 5-6 weeks after this date.

I have enough luggage tags to put me over the economy weight limit and cannot afford a business class ticket. It's a hard life.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:35 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Renewed or Not

How do we know if we have been renewed to RA or the status has been lowered to Ambassador. Does this show on the IC webpage after the 1st sweep 90 days prior?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:43 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sweets61250
How do we know if we have been renewed to RA or the status has been lowered to Ambassador. Does this show on the IC webpage after the 1st sweep 90 days prior?
It shows up under other activity on the PC website.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:18 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
The run for June expiry appears to have been done tonight. I got renewed with 18 reward nights plus 62 paid nights of which 40 were in ICs in the 12 months to end March. It's less than last year but probably comfortably above the cut off point. It's my 4th year with RA status but also my last. I will be using up the zillions of points I have as I can no longer justify the cost of forking out my own dollars for the benefits of RA status.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:08 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
The run for June expiry appears to have been done tonight. I got renewed with 18 reward nights plus 62 paid nights of which 40 were in ICs in the 12 months to end March. It's less than last year but probably comfortably above the cut off point. It's my 4th year with RA status but also my last. I will be using up the zillions of points I have as I can no longer justify the cost of forking out my own dollars for the benefits of RA status.
Did it come in the other activity on your pc account?

Mine dosent show anything.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
The run for June expiry appears to have been done tonight. [...]
Indeed. Renewed with 60ish paid (60% in ICs) and quite a few unqualifying nights this year.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by sweets61250
Did it come in the other activity on your pc account?
Yes.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Indeed. Renewed with 60ish paid (60% in ICs) and quite a few unqualifying nights this year.
We have a similar stay profile.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Just got RA

This should be of some comfort to those who were told that only stays at ICs counted toward RA. After being RA previously and then downgraded, I just found that I am once again RA with the following stays in this Ambassador year (beginning in August).

46 paid nights (32 since January)

21 HIX
1 HI
15 CP
3 Candlewood
3 Indigo
3 IC

Fortuantely, the majoroity of the rest of the year will be at ICs so I can actually take advantage of those benefits.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Since my expiration is end of May, does when does my year actually "start". Question pertains to when do stays start qualifying again for next "ambassador" year?
Rebumping. Say requal happens early March for year that ends May. When do stays count for the new AMB year? June? Or starting as early as March?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.