Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: All of the above
I am happy to inform that there is indeed free wireless here in the Club Lounge. The desk manager in the club will give you a one hour code however it seems to last for the day. I believe one can ask for a 72 hour code however I never needed to as I have been able to log on every day so far. (I'm using my I-Pad)
The lounge info on 6/24/11 is as follows:

Club-Buffet Breakfast 07:30am-11:00am
Finger-food,fruits,and soft drinks 12:00pm-14:00pm
Tea time with pastries,fruits,soft drinks 15:00pm-17:00pm
Open bar,Champagne,canapes, and sweets 18:00pm-20:30pm
Open Bar,Champagne 20:30pm-21:30pm

Lounge open daily from 7:30am until 10pm

Other services include:
Mineral water from your mini bar is complimentary
Two computers with high speed wireless,exclusively for club members
Complimentary wi-fi Internet access in our Club Lounge
Daily selection of international newspapers
The fitness club is at your disposal 24 hours per day

Fabulous stay so far with what I believe is enhanced food offering in club lounge (previous visit 2009)
First 2 nights paid,one BOGO,3 award. No room change. Club room booked,Opera view 3rd floor upgrade no room change required. 90 euro club rate/night on free nights.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
Looking for advice for a New Year's vacation (4 nights).

Option 1: Stay at IC Le Grande. First two nights in a Opera View Deluxe room (paid + BOGO), and the second two nights at 40k PC points/night. Ambassador status.

Option 2: Stay at Park Hyatt Vendome. All four nights in standard rooms on 22k hyatt points / night. Free breakfast as Diamond.

I'm worried the either property might stick me in a closet over this holiday weekend for the points nights.

Thoughts?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I really doubt either property would knock you down to a low level room. Certainly not Le Grand. I'm no longer Hyatt Diamond, but when I was I always was upgraded on award nights.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by mcavin

Option 1: Stay at IC Le Grande. First two nights in a Opera View Deluxe room (paid + BOGO), and the second two nights at 40k PC points/night. Ambassador status.

Option 2: Stay at Park Hyatt Vendome. All four nights in standard rooms on 22k hyatt points / night. Free breakfast as Diamond.

I'm worried the either property might stick me in a closet over this holiday weekend for the points nights.

Thoughts?
Stayed at both in May 2011 (Sweet Dilemma redemption as an IC Amb and points redemption as Hyatt Diamond). Stay reviews posted in each thread. Though IC Le Grand was very nice, it's not the same caliber as the PH Vendome and the comp breakfast & spa access as DIA makes it an easy decision. If you have the pts, I rec upgrading to suite redemption at PH Vendome...def'ly worth it.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
Spa access for diamonds at PH? What does that entail? Never heard of it....
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Booked a total of 4 nights for Oct. (2x awards, Superior + 2x BOGO, Club). As a Plat AMB, I don't expect anything beyond what I'm paying for-- 3rd night Club access. But I would like to hear some wisdom from you seasoned Les Le Granders on how I can maximize the value on my stay. Is there a nice room category in between the two I can negotiate to get into to avoid having to change rooms mid-stay? Should I contact the property ahead to have the two reservations "linked?" What exactly is a Club IC room? What side/view/floor are these on? OPERA HOUSE VIEW DELUXE ROOM is lower in category but sounds a lot nicer and I'm thinking about switching. Club access would be nice to have but not necessary; we don't plan on spending the weekend in hotel. Although we will spend the good part of one day enjoying it (Club day!)

Where is the Roissy bus stop at CDG and what is the current fare? Cash to the driver?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mcavin

Thoughts?
I've been to both, but not for a little while. The PH is a solid notch, if not more, ahead of the IC-LeGrande.

I don't know about treatment on award bookings, but the PH certainly would be my choice as a cash payer.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:39 am

Programs: IHG
Where is the Roissy bus stop at CDG and what is the current fare? Cash to the driver?[/QUOTE]

The Roissy stop is well sign-posted in the airport so just follow the signs. Cost as of 3 weeks ago was EUR10 each way. There is a ticket machine, or you can pay the driver.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 10:25 am

The Roissy stop is well sign-posted in the airport so just follow the signs. Cost as of 3 weeks ago was EUR10 each way. There is a ticket machine, or you can pay the driver.
Merci!
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:11 am

September stay tips

Hi all. I'll be staying in this property for the 1st time and will be doing all the tourist things in Paris with my wife as a delayed anniversary celebration. Booked a classic room on Points for 1 night and 4 nights F&F (still around 300E as this seems to be high season). Any history of the hotel accepting a BOGO voucher for F&F?

Also, anyone think i would be able to bargain away the room upgrade for Club access? Just thinking that we won't be in the room much but would like the option for a quick breakfast or drink when we are there. If not, i'm thinking of emailing them to guarantee the upgrade- not big on views, would prefer the extra space. Any tips as to what room i should try to ask for?

Thanks much!
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Upgrade will be 1 level to Superior as an AMB, room still won't seem huge but trust me its a big improvement! They sell lounge access so unlikely to offer it free. You will find breakfast expensive downstairs but numerous options outside.

Better option may be to ask to buy up to a club room, this gets you more space depending on room allocated and lounge access. If you are about for the evening champage and canapes it is not a bad deal.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Be very careful about that ticket machine. If your credit card does not have a chip or a "puce" as the French call it, it won't work. Therefore, be ready to have Euros. You may also use a credit card with the driver, but about half the time, the credit card machines on the buses won't work. I'd just be ready to pay the 9.40 or 9.60 in cash. Also--I recommend you go ahead and buy your roundtrip ticket when you get into Paris. That speeds things up on your return and the drivers are grateful!! The round trip ticket really is just 2 tickets, but it's nice to have. (as long as you don't misplace it!!)
Safe travels!
Originally Posted by turner32
Where is the Roissy bus stop at CDG and what is the current fare? Cash to the driver?
The Roissy stop is well sign-posted in the airport so just follow the signs. Cost as of 3 weeks ago was EUR10 each way. There is a ticket machine, or you can pay the driver. [/QUOTE]
Old Aug 21, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by allenaatan
Hi all. I'll be staying in this property for the 1st time and will be doing all the tourist things in Paris with my wife as a delayed anniversary celebration. Booked a classic room on Points for 1 night and 4 nights F&F (still around 300E as this seems to be high season). Any history of the hotel accepting a BOGO voucher for F&F?

Also, anyone think i would be able to bargain away the room upgrade for Club access? Just thinking that we won't be in the room much but would like the option for a quick breakfast or drink when we are there. If not, i'm thinking of emailing them to guarantee the upgrade- not big on views, would prefer the extra space. Any tips as to what room i should try to ask for?

Thanks much!
No Hotel will honour the BOGOF on any other rate other than the AMBWeekend Rate.

I would suggest that you use the BOGOF for 2 nights, 2 nights F&F and 1 night on Points if you are not planning to use the BOGOF somewhere else.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:57 am

THat was the original plan but

Originally Posted by sweets61250
No Hotel will honour the BOGOF on any other rate other than the AMBWeekend Rate.

I would suggest that you use the BOGOF for 2 nights, 2 nights F&F and 1 night on Points if you are not planning to use the BOGOF somewhere else.
Due to some glitch I renewed Ambassadorship inMay but only got my Bogof certificate last week. I booked f&f already last month as rooms were fillingupand rates were going up. I guess I'll just try and email them if they cachange my booking. Seems like a slim chance though. Has that happened for anyone ( changing an f&f booking to bog of)?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
Be very careful about that ticket machine. If your credit card does not have a chip or a "puce" as the French call it, it won't work. Therefore, be ready to have Euros. You may also use a credit card with the driver, but about half the time, the credit card machines on the buses won't work. I'd just be ready to pay the 9.40 or 9.60 in cash. Also--I recommend you go ahead and buy your roundtrip ticket when you get into Paris. That speeds things up on your return and the drivers are grateful!! The round trip ticket really is just 2 tickets, but it's nice to have. (as long as you don't misplace it!!)
That's good info. Thanks. I'm just going to get a all-zones Visite pass for the convenience's sake and that should take care of the bus rides.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.