InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Old May 19, 2011, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Lumex87
Here's my IC Bangkok review.

I arrived this morning in Bangkok from Singapore and took Skytrain to the IC. I can only recommend this to anyone staying there. The Trip to the Hotel cost you like 110THB and the Skytrain is more than comfortable if i think of the Traffic in BKK.

I booked my Club Room room online over the F&F Rate and got immediately upgraded when i checked in into a Corner Suite Room inclusive Club Access.

After speaking to the Lady at the reception at the Lobby her colleague took me to the Club Lounge for private Check Inn. Really professional and all that was really fast.

My Room is huge, the suite is terrific.

Here are soom pics from the Hotel / Room :

View from outside : (located next to Skytrain Station)

The Pool on Level 37... kinda small but not many people up there... really nice and friendly stuff, bringing you towels and even put them on your seat..haha

The Living Room (on the Left side the working area which you see when you enter the room)

The Bedroom with an terrific view over Bangkok... especially by night !

The Complimentary things you can enjoy when you book the Club Category :

I would highly recommend this hotel , its locations is great, service is great, food and drinks are great, lounge is great and the view at nighttime from the poolbar or lounge is something you cant describe in words !!

Cheers
I assume you are RA? My Plat AMB means little there.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:25 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I assume you are RA? My Plat AMB means little there.
From experience, if the hotel is full, don't bother checking in until after 1600 (closer to 1800) because your room won't be ready due to those taking advantage of their late checkout.. And thats a real PITA.
Old May 20, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lumex87
Hey Awon... i will check later for some more pictures. Are u plannin on staying there?
Yes mate.. for at least 2 weeks.

im a RA, dunno what room ill choose though.

thanks for looking
Old May 20, 2011, 8:43 pm

im an gold ambassador....
Old May 26, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: PRIORITY CLUB PLATINUM AMBASSADOR
How will this play out?

I am aware of the terms and conditions, however, not all hotels apply in the same manner - lots of you guys have experience of IC Bangkok, how in your opinion can I expect the hotel to view my final night with regard to room and club access?

1st night paid club intercontinental room (expecting upgrade)

2nd night weekend certificate (expecting as per first night)

3rd night points
Old May 27, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: IHG
I would be surprised if they ask you to move on your third night, the only IC that has moved me out of a suite was Hanoi.

As for Club access, Bangkok have previously granted me access for an award night after a paid stay but said it was a "special gesture".

It may be down to the kind heart of an individual staff member on the day.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dromedaan
I am aware of the terms and conditions, however, not all hotels apply in the same manner - lots of you guys have experience of IC Bangkok, how in your opinion can I expect the hotel to view my final night with regard to room and club access?

1st night paid club intercontinental room (expecting upgrade)

2nd night weekend certificate (expecting as per first night)

3rd night points
This is a good test to go through as the outcome will be beneficial for the rest of the FT members. Please do report on the outcome of the test results and any oddities that were encountered during testing.
Old May 30, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
I read on another thread, that if you have booked a club room.
You are restricted to have breakfast in the lounge only?
Ive found that the spread is always pretty limited..

The rooms above corner suite from what ive read are, premier, ambassador and presidential. has anyone booked any of these rooms?

last thing the Family and friends rate, has anyone had problems using it in IC BKK? couldnt find anything specific in the f & f thread.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:39 am

im going back next month for the suite, so i can tell u more awon.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:25 am

So can anyone who has stayed at IC Bangkok recently to confirm something. I noticed only some IC hotels give Club Access to Gold (not platinum Ambassadors or RA) when booking a non club room. How does IC Bangkok treat Gold Ambassador upgrades. We want to ultimately be in a 2 Queen Bed room and have full Club Access. Any ideas?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,Platinum Ambassador, BA Gold, Qatar Platinum, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by mealto
So can anyone who has stayed at IC Bangkok recently to confirm something. I noticed only some IC hotels give Club Access to Gold (not platinum Ambassadors or RA) when booking a non club room. How does IC Bangkok treat Gold Ambassador upgrades. We want to ultimately be in a 2 Queen Bed room and have full Club Access. Any ideas?
I stayed there last week on a weekend BOGOF cert and had booked the lowest room category, I was immediately taken up to my deluxe club room on the 34th floor by a very attrative Thai lady, unfortunately she did not stay long.

They gave me full club access for both nights, 3 pieces of complementary laundry and also the standard free internet.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by blacknight; Aug 2, 2011 at 10:33 am Reason: update spelling
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by blacknight
I stayed there last week on a weekend BOGOF cert and had booked the lowest room category, I was immediately taken up to my deluxe club room on the 34th floor by a very attrative Thai lady, unfortunately she did not stay long.

They gave me full club access for both nights, 3 pieces of complementary laundry and also the standard free internet.

Hope this helps.

Woow, that is a pretty good upgrade. I'm not sure this is the standard policy at IC Bangkok? Or maybe they changed the policy lately? Before I became a RA I can't recall ever being upgraded to a club room (with club access), when booking lowest room category.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by blacknight
I was immediately taken up to my deluxe club room on the 34th floor by a very attrative Thai lady, unfortunately she did not stay long.
Are you Dominique Strauss Kahn brother?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Are you Dominique Strauss Kahn brother?
+1
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by awon
The rooms above corner suite from what ive read are, premier, ambassador and presidential. has anyone booked any of these rooms?
Newer seen any of these suites available for booking online, but I have been upgraded to an Ambassador suite on a stay in the end of August this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.