Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Madrid Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
I'm planning to stay at IC Madrid next month.. I want to stretch the greenbacks as much as possible so I plan to stay on Airline Miles (that's not the regular stay on points, cause in this case as far as I know the hotels receive cash payment through the travel agent that operates for the Airline)..

Since I got the Ambassador package (i'm regulard, gold, non RA) I've always received Club Access (should I say complimentary?) when paying Best Available, Flexible or whatever rate that's NOT Club Rate nor Breakfast rate.. Don't know if it's luck, don't know if I've been spoiled (in both cases from superb concierges at IC Playa Bonita Panamá and IC at Doral Miami)... The case is I got the access without requesting it, no questions asked.. Both Concierges told me they always grant Club access for Ambassadors.. Which is nice.

I appreciate to know if in your experience it's possible to be granted access to the club at IC Madrid cause I only want to stay there if I can have Breakfast (in club of course)

Maybe it's such a common concession they make for Ambassadors at every IC
but I have not stayed in enough properties to be sure?.. Or maybe the correct answer is "don't stay if you're counting on that!" (of course in that case i'll consider a cheaper mileage property with bfast included).

I appreciate your feedback
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:20 am

I've stayed multiple times on this hotel for work in different times of the year and rates and never got access to the lounge. Got the room upgrades always but the remaining benefits on several occasions didnt get it. Only once got an in-room gift, fruit or water on some occasions was not provided and once had the free movie charge on my bill at checkout.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:41 am

They told me yesterday that if I want club access now, I must book a club rate even as Ambassador. I used to always book the room 1 level below a club room and get upgraded. Now they said I would get the room without access.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Absolutely unfair..

Originally Posted by antonius66
They told me yesterday that if I want club access now, I must book a club rate even as Ambassador. I used to always book the room 1 level below a club room and get upgraded. Now they said I would get the room without access.
Thanks for the Feedback, since now I am Plat. Amb. I'll definetely book a flexible rate just 1 level below Club rate.. If they don't honor the upgrade I'll cancel my reservation right there.. I'll go somewhere else where they appreciate my business.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I think I was in the club lounge when you were speaking to the member of staff. (were you heading to Murcia?)

If I remembered well, you were offered club access this time.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:57 am

That was not me, as my discussion was via email from the US.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
That was not me, as my discussion was via email from the US.
Indeed
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:46 am

Club lounge benefits?

Hi, I'm traveling to MAD early next year (thanks wideroe.no!) and am curious about the club lounge here. I am traveling with my wife and 2 yr old daughter. Is it worth paying for the club room? The additional fee is 80 Euro which seems a bit steep, but it does say it comes with breakfast, drinks, and snacks.

I've been to Ritz Carlton club lounges where there is hot breakfast, and the evening snacks can replace dinner (and there is basically a full bar selection). Is this comparable? What kind of food/drinks can I expect?

Also, is the club room bookable with points? I have Platinum status if that matters.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crimson12
Hi, I'm traveling to MAD early next year (thanks wideroe.no!) and am curious about the club lounge here. I am traveling with my wife and 2 yr old daughter. Is it worth paying for the club room? The additional fee is 80 Euro which seems a bit steep, but it does say it comes with breakfast, drinks, and snacks.

I've been to Ritz Carlton club lounges where there is hot breakfast, and the evening snacks can replace dinner (and there is basically a full bar selection). Is this comparable? What kind of food/drinks can I expect?

Also, is the club room bookable with points? I have Platinum status if that matters.
Club lounge offers a very good breakfast but also basic evening selection (just cold basic snacks and drinks).

You can have in Madrid much cheaper options for breakfast at EUR 80 for two.

I don't think that you can upgrade to club access with points.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Club lounge offers a very good breakfast but also basic evening selection (just cold basic snacks and drinks).

You can have in Madrid much cheaper options for breakfast at EUR 80 for two.

I don't think that you can upgrade to club access with points.
Thanks. What about drinks? I am traveling with a few friends and if there are drinks being offered we may be able to make the EUR 80 worth it...!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Club lounge

I was there 2 weeks ago.
Charged me 60 euros for club access for self and wife
This gave us breakfast in their Jardin restaurant - usually 32 euros pp or 22 if booked on check in

60 euros including running snacks savoury and sweet from lunch through to 10 pm plus bar seemed a good deal

Bar was beers and wines only - no spirits - Cava and Sherries however
Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Another data point - we were offered €55/night for club at the start of November, which we declined.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Another data point - we were offered €55/night for club at the start of November, which we declined.
I think I was offered the same in October and declined as well. I think they mentioned that was their special Platinum member price.

I was traveling alone so for me that would have been 55 per person or same €55 per room as the only quest. Were you offered €55 per person or per room (if you were more than one)?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
I think I was offered the same in October and declined as well. I think they mentioned that was their special Platinum member price.

I was traveling alone so for me that would have been 55 per person or same €55 per room as the only quest. Were you offered €55 per person or per room (if you were more than one)?
There were two of us, in one room. So rate is per room.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:45 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Just a FYI -- the IC Madrid is a Virtuoso property so for those paying the Virtuoso rate (which appears to be BAR) complimentary Club access is included along with an upgrade at check-in if available. For 2014, stays of 3 nights or more will also include a Tour of Bernabeu for 2 and sparkling wine in the room.

Amb and RA benefits (while they do not duplicate) will also apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.