Search

Aren't "Resort Fees" misleading?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Aren't "Resort Fees" misleading?

I just made a reservation for the CP Anaheim and got the following:

Sun 27 Nov 2005 $86.90 USD per night (1 room(s))
Total Tax † $11.30 USD
Estimated Total Price †: $98.20 USD

Then I read the hotel's home page and see :"The hotel charges a nominal daily resort fee of $9.00 per day..."

So I assume this will be added to my bill on top of the above quoted "Estimated Total Price". Isn't that false advertising as they certainly know that they will charge it to me so should include it in their Estimated Total Price?
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Especially when one cannot say on a straight face that CP Anaheim would be a RESORT. It is a typical CP and nothing else. Maybe you could inquiry when checking in what RESORT facilities they actually have.

And don't get me started on Energy surcharge, safe fees, service fees and any other junk fee.

Last edited by holtju2; Nov 10, 2005 at 11:47 am
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA LT GS/5MM, DL 3MMGold, HHDia, HyattGlob, IHG Spire Amb, Marr Plat/LTG, SPG LTP
I hate the "resort fees" and other similar nonsense. Just tell me the price of the room straight up. These hidden fees border on false advertising.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
errr ..... "nominal" means "in name only". It implies an insignificant amount paid for a much greater value of service - (which I am certain you will receive in Anaheim )

almost as good as "20% service charge will be added. Does not include gratuities."
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:39 am

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
One of the things I like about hotel rates in Paris: You pay what they tell you and it's all in there. It seems to me that anything you have no choice about should be shown as part of the rate. If it's an optional service, then that is a different matter.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
errr ..... "nominal" means "in name only". It implies an insignificant amount paid for a much greater value of service - (which I am certain you will receive in Anaheim )

almost as good as "20% service charge will be added. Does not include gratuities."

Which reminds me of the time (in my business career youth) at a business dinner of eight clients, my boss had me pick up the tab, and I didn't notice (or know) that a 15% gratutity has been added because of the size of the party, and I calculated another 15% tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.