Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club - Discussion / Information about new Priority Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Priority Club® Rewards, the loyalty program for IHG, InterContinental® Hotels Group, and its Family of Brands, is changing its name to IHG® Rewards Club. You’ll still receive the same great benefits you have today, plus new ones like free Internet for members globally in 2014, starting with Elite members in July 2013.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...ihgrewardsclub

You won’t have to wait long to get the exciting new benefits that come with our new name. To start, we’re offering free Internet globally to Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members in July this year. During 2014, all members will receive this great benefit. As a member you will be able to access the Internet for free at all of our hotels, whether you’re staying with us or simply stopping by for a coffee.

New Card:
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire Royal Ambassador, Hyatt GP Diamond
IHG Rewards Club

I just received a pop up on the priorityclub.com page outlining that Priorityclub rewards will soon become IHG Rewards Club.

The main changes between PCR and IHG Rewards Club seem to be:
  1. Free internet worldwide for Gold and Platinum elite from July 2013 and all member from 2014
  2. Fasttrack elite status for members who stay with 2 or more brands

Hopefully some more details and perks are released soon!

Last edited by blankman; Mar 25, 2013 at 10:18 pm Reason: Please feel free to delete or merge into existing thread
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I see that too. Chain-wide free internet is a huge, huge plus.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Yeah just saw that too. Fantastic news! Now only waiting for the details and any improvement for Royal Ambassador.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Reward nights will count towards elite membership status.
Nights earned beyond what is needed for Elite membership status will count toward Platinum Elite status for next year.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
IHG is playing a catch up game here, although good for members, perhaps a little bit too slow and too late.

Free Internet, Reward nights count towards elite status, and roll over nights to next year, are all existing features of Marriott Rewards.

What they didn't say is - the current upgrade policy will be changed next year as well.

I've just done a busy trip in the Far East, Platinum no longer receive club rooms in China HIs - this has been confirmed by a number of HIs. In my memory, they always upgrade Plat to Club without asking, but not this time. Questioned, and each time been told "once the new elite policy is in place, the upgrade policy will be changed in 2014".
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; U8800Pro Build/HuaweiU8800Pro) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 Maxthon/4.0.3.3000)

Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
IHG is playing a catch up game here, although good for members, perhaps a little bit too slow and too late.

Free Internet, Reward nights count towards elite status, and roll over nights to next year, are all existing features of Marriott Rewards.

What they didn't say is - the current upgrade policy will be changed next year as well.

I've just done a busy trip in the Far East, Platinum no longer receive club rooms in China HIs - this has been confirmed by a number of HIs. In my memory, they always upgrade Plat to Club without asking, but not this time. Questioned, and each time been told "once the new elite policy is in place, the upgrade policy will be changed in 2014".
It's a guarateed one level upgrade, as found in the rules and discussed here too...
So book one below club et voila...

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jul 17, 2013 at 12:33 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
For the "Rewards Nights that Count Towards Elite Status", I wonder if there will be a "point value" given in the case for people who qualify under points rather than stays.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: CX DM, PC RA
not bad....but still waiting for 'full benefits on award stays'
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:14 am

Cool IHG is making Priority Club® Rewards even better for Elite members.

IHG is making Priority Club® Rewards even better for Elite members.

This year, IHG celebrates 10 years of hosting travellers in its family of hotels around the world. We are one of the world's largest hotel companies and have been rewarding our guests through the world's first and largest loyalty programme, Priority Club® Rewards.

In this anniversary year, we have improved and renamed our loyalty programme to IHG® Rewards Club. It will offer members the opportunity to earn and enjoy great new benefits as they stay across our 4,600 hotels in nearly 100 countries.

Exciting changes happening soon -

- Free Internet worldwide for Elite members in July 2013

- Fast track to Elite status when you stay in more than two of our brands

- Reward Nights now count toward Elite membership status

- Nights earned beyond what's needed to earn and retain Platinum Elite status will count toward the next year

IHG Rewards Club is coming in July

You won’t have to wait long to get the exciting new benefits that come with our new name. To start, we’re offering free Internet globally to Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members in July this year. During 2014, all members will receive this great benefit. As a member you will be able to access the Internet for free at all of our hotels, whether you’re staying with us or simply stopping by for a coffee.

What's more, this is in addition to all the benefits that you enjoy today like our unique offering of points that never expire, no blackout dates on Reward Nights, the flexibility to redeem points at any hotel company in the world and extended check-out times.

It couldn't be simpler. You'll continue to get all the great benefits you receive today, plus you'll enjoy even more from your membership. Your Priority Club Rewards card will work exactly as it did before and your account can be accessed as usual at priorityclub.com. Look for more information coming soon.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...-EMEN-_-teaser
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold, Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum
I've been pretty upset with PCR lately and have been considering leaving, but I'll tentatively say...

Welcome back PCR, welcome back.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:18 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
But still no upgrades for elites...

I would like to see what this 'fast track' is...
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Interesting to see the details, but these are promising

As a member you will be able to access the Internet for free at all of our hotels, whether you’re staying with us or simply stopping by for a coffee.

The rollover elite nights might be also good and I'm quite curious about the "fast track to elite" when staying at 3 or more brands.

My mail included also the following

"Your Ambassador card will continue to work exactly as it does today and your account can be accessed as usual at intercontinental.com/ambassador. Look for more information coming soon."
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:23 am

Breakfast and Upgrade are the two most important benefits I value ...

That's why I love Hilton Gold ...
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Free Internet for elites is great. Free Internet for all will overload the WiFi and hotel Internet bandwidth at many properties which will lead to no Internet for anyone. Unless the hotels all upgrade their Internet quality which I very much doubt will happen.

What I would like very much is to be able to earn full points at IC's globally, rather than just the Americas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.