Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new Reward rates effective January 18 (Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by filelover
It seems that you have a couple of months from Jan 18 to book at the older rates (if they were lower before) - but how was this handled in the past? Do they refund you the difference or cancel and make a new booking?
Refunded the points often, but handled inconsistently with fly-by-night restrictions where customers got some pushback from the reps.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:03 am

I was hoping the representative would comment on my previous comment. Will they once again only let us us have ONE phone call in which we can make reservations at the old rate? They did that last time, even though it wasn't in the original terms and conditions. In my opinion, it resulted in people making even more "tentative" reservations.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The definitive devaluation of the points comes soon hereafter.

I communicate just fine on FT at times like this, so if it is on topic, communicating on the threads works just fine. Thank you for your thoughts either way.
Nice that you're so sure it's on the way when the pertinent values aren't yet known!

It was on-topic but something I didn't want to post publicly. No big deal though.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by mareh
I was hoping the representative would comment on my previous comment. Will they once again only let us us have ONE phone call in which we can make reservations at the old rate? They did that last time, even though it wasn't in the original terms and conditions. In my opinion, it resulted in people making even more "tentative" reservations.
They will let you know before you book. Worst case they tell you when you call, and then you might HUACA to consult drawing board Probably FT will tell you first^
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mackenzie77
I think they 'fixed it'. I'm seeing all the reported hotels as back to their previous point levels. Got three nights at Old Sydney right under the wire!
Yeah, IC ATL back at 30K.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
It could be possible that by mistake they loaded planned price increases as total prices (i.e. IC Atlanta will go up by 15K from Jan 18).
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Or maybe they forgot to add a 'zero'
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:15 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
It could be possible that by mistake they loaded planned price increases as total prices (i.e. IC Atlanta will go up by 15K from Jan 18).
Good thinking, but this won't apply to the other ICs. ICs in Toronto can't be 40K + 15K, and IC Tokyo Bay can't be 40K + 25K, at 40K it's too much to ask for at that property.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
Good thinking, but this won't apply to the other ICs. ICs in Toronto can't be 40K + 15K, and IC Tokyo Bay can't be 40K + 25K, at 40K it's too much to ask for at that property.
IC HK is currently 50k so I would assume that they will put up the one in Tokyo Bay to something similar. I also think IC HK wouldn't be 50k for long either.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
The top tier (cat. 9) of the new award structure is still 50K/night.

Originally Posted by nacho
IC HK is currently 50k so I would assume that they will put up the one in Tokyo Bay to something similar. I also think IC HK wouldn't be 50k for long either.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:18 pm
Suspended

I can't see the CP Hamilton DC as in the same league points wise as the Willard @ 50,000 points, just seems to me to be some sort of glitch, otherwise the ICs in Toronto would be @ 55,000 points by that way of thinking.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by rdchen
The top tier (cat. 9) of the new award structure is still 50K/night.
It doesn't mean that they won't add another cat or change the points require for each cat. It's PC after all.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I can't see the CP Hamilton DC as in the same league points wise as the Willard @ 50,000 points
Neither do I but I stayed there (CP Hamilton) for the inauguration back in '08 on points. And at the mistaken (?) rate of 15k, it's a steal even for a weekend getaway.^
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Neither do I but I stayed there (CP Hamilton) for the inauguration back in '08 on points. And at the mistaken (?) rate of 15k, it's a steal even for a weekend getaway.^
Is there any public parking around it? The only parking option is valet at $42!

I did have one Friday night booked at 15K that was in the middle of an upcoming trip that just got finalized. I am not sure whether I would keep it though as we would have a car.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Happy
Is there any public parking around it? The only parking option is valet at $42!

I did have one Friday night booked at 15K that was in the middle of an upcoming trip that just got finalized. I am not sure whether I would keep it though as we would have a car.
Not sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.