Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indigo Paddington hikes up rate due to Sandy delay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Indigo Paddington hikes up rate due to Sandy delay

I have an 8-night prepaid stay that was due to start tomorrow at a rate of GBP150 per night. Called them this morning to explain that I'd be arriving 2 days late due to flight cancellations. They confirmed they'd accommodate me, making the change to the booking (remaining at 8 nights) and keep the rate the same. I was very happy with this - I know that the terms state that prepaid bookings can't be changed, but as a repeat guest (this will be my fifth stay with them) I'm glad that those words didn't prevent them from doing the right thing.

Tonight I received an e-mail stating that the rate for the last 2 nights was being increased from GBP150 to GBP324!!!! I wrote back to query this but they replied sticking to their guns.

I'm very disappointed with this. By the letter of the terms they're allowed to do this - I just thought they'd stick to their promise to help me under the circumstances.

Does anyone know the best route to take my pleas further? Or should I just vote with my feet next time?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
best flexible rate...
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
To be fair to the hotel, there don't seem to be any discounts (2-4-1, IDEX2 etc) available for 7-9 November, so they are only asking for the best rate they currently offer.

Offering you a £150 per night discount off your rate for those nights (on the basis that they don't have to offer you anything for not turning up for the first 2 nights) is not a bad deal.

And your travel insurance may allow you to double dip and reclaim the £300 for the first 2 nights anyway ...
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
They helped you and cancelled the first two nights. However you cannot expect to get two more nights for the bargain rate of a prepaid stay. I would not see any justification for that. Normally you would have had to pay the first two prepaid nights and the other two nights at the end for the said rate. Why should a London hotel care about weather in North America??
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think that they have been quite reasonable in allowing the change at all; they could have said that the rules of the prepaid rate are clear. They are allowing you to move the dates but are charging you the prevailing rate for the new days

How are they being unfair in any way?

As suggested, assuming you have travel insurance, hopefully you will be covered

Suggesting that u vote with your feet due to them actually helping you out when you had elected to take a non-refundable / non-changeable rate seems extremely curmudgeonly to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.