Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel cancelled reservation.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Hotel cancelled reservation.

Today I checked my account and was very shocked to see that my reservation for next week in London (2 for 1 rate) has got canceled (by hotel? by priority club?).
I never did it myself, neither I got any notice per email.
How can this happen? What can I do and what are my rights?

Of course the rate I booked some time ago is not more available (72 GPB per night)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Have you tried.........calling them?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Originally Posted by DillMan
Have you tried.........calling them?
The hotel?

I filled out a form for CS of Priority Club
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Yes call the hotel. Do not call Priority Club customer service unless directed to by the hotel. Ultimately Priority Club customer service will call the hotel directly and the hotel will be familiar with the issue. Odd the hotel will direct you to call Priority Club customer service and Priority Club customer service in turns calls the hotel but that is the process in many situations.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: IHG
Are you 100% sure its cancelled? Sometimes reservations are not visable online.

Call the PC help line or the hotel and quote your confirmation number, they will know if your reservation is live.

The 2 for 1 deal is a pre-paid offer, check your card details on the reservation.

Last edited by midnight; Jun 29, 2012 at 5:22 pm Reason: Late here, cannot spell.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I would advise you to call the Priority Club line to know what happened (they can see who did cancel your reservation)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:35 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
PC CS currently takes more than 7 calendar days to respond to inquiries, so if your stay is next week you should call. Calling the hotel directly is probably best.

HTB.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
This thread may help you:

http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source...EH1mGh24qmnQfg
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by midnight
The 2 for 1 deal is a pre-paid offer, check your card details on the reservation.
If your credit card was declined and they were not able to contact you they have every right to cancel your booking. As other persons already said, best thing to do is just call the hotel directly.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Probably bumped in favour of a full price Platinum Elite room guarantee.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.