Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

PC Q1 Promo (January 23 through April 30) - Earn Double Points or Double Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PC Q1 Promo (January 23 through April 30) - Earn Double Points or Double Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:22 am
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Is this running concurrent with the Stay X Nights, Earn X,000 PC points promo?
Yes it is, and you are eligible to participate in both at the same time

Carolyn
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by a330marcus
I have a check-in on 22Jan for 7 nights at a Crowne Plaza. Does this count as my first qualified stay, even the promo officially begins on 23Jan?
I'm pretty sure that the promo start dates include the check out date, but I can't remember ever having tested this.

Even so, you might want to consider staying at another IHG property on 22nd, then moving to the CP for the remainder of your stay. Otherwise, you will not have the promo applied for any of seven nights, as they will all be counted as your first stay.

By staying at another property first, this will be counted as your first stay, then the stay at the CP will all be subject to double points.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by a330marcus
I have a check-in on 22Jan for 7 nights at a Crowne Plaza. Does this count as my first qualified stay, even the promo officially begins on 23Jan?
Yes - this stay will count as your first stay. The promotion will count based on your check-out date.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:27 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have and will collect the question raised and answered in this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17783709-post4.html

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:13 pm

Two Questions:

I just made a reservation for one night at a Holiday Inn Express for 4 hotel rooms (all in my name, there is a group of 10-12 of us). I made the reservation before finding this promotional offer, but have now signed up for the offer. Will my reservations be eligible for the promotion even though it was made before I signed up for the promotion? Or do I have to cancel and rebook the reservations to make them eligible?

2nd: Since I have booked 4 rooms, will this count as 4 nights? (3 nights of double bonus?

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:45 pm
Suspended

If it were me, I would cancel and rebook. When you booked you had not yet registered and with IHG - everything is done by computer code. I would not risk having to call later, and then they tell you no.

About the 4 nights - not sure.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:02 pm

Here are the full terms of this promo:

Terms and Conditions

Must be a Priority Club® Rewards member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion.
Bonus points or miles will be awarded on every qualifying stay, beginning with the second qualifying stay at participating InterContinental® , Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Express by Holiday Inn™, Holiday Inn Express® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® hotels worldwide between January 23, 2012 and April 30, 2012. Bonus points or miles will be awarded on every qualifying stay, beginning with the first qualifying stay at participating Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® hotels worldwide between January 23, 2012 and April 30, 2012. Most business and leisure rates are qualifying. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates.

You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect airline miles. See below for participating airlines. Frequency/partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. All airline program terms and conditions apply. For details on airline miles earning structure, click here. For details on points earning structure, click here.

Only one room per member per night at participating hotels will be awarded the applicable bonus. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for nights prior to registration. Subject to standard Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions.
Originally Posted by discretely
Two Questions:

I just made a reservation for one night at a Holiday Inn Express for 4 hotel rooms (all in my name, there is a group of 10-12 of us). I made the reservation before finding this promotional offer, but have now signed up for the offer. Will my reservations be eligible for the promotion even though it was made before I signed up for the promotion? Or do I have to cancel and rebook the reservations to make them eligible?

2nd: Since I have booked 4 rooms, will this count as 4 nights? (3 nights of double bonus?

Thanks!
To best answer your questions based on these terms.....there is no need to re-book, you should receive double points for 1 room only, and you will only receive double points if this is not your first stay during the promo. Good luck....
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards
Hi Everyone -
I see that many of you have had issues with the various codes, make sure to use this code if you haven't had the opportunity to register.

http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...3&offerId=6673

Thanks!

Carolyn
+1
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by discretely
Two Questions:

Thanks!
CokeandTaco is correct - you will not have to re-book any existing reservations made prior to registering for the promotion. Our systems are looking for stays based on check-in/check-out date, not the booking date!

Thanks,
Carolyn

Last edited by IHGRewardsClub; Jan 24, 2012 at 11:22 am Reason: Grammar - Argh!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:56 am

Now the problems start

My first stay for this promo just posted. Double points were included as expected. Now the problems start. Under My Offer Status I see the following:

You’re registered to earn Double Points or Double Miles! >>
Earn Double Points or Double Miles starting on your 2nd qualifying stay at any InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express worldwide. Earn Double on your 1st qualifying stay at any Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites hotel.

» View your Activity Detail

23 Jan 2012
to
30 Apr 2012 4 xxxx pts.

You need 0 Dollars for the next award.

You have earned the maximum award.

Anyone else getting these kinds of messages?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:03 am
Suspended

I get screwed up messages all the time. I accepted that fact a long time ago. I only got 3000 points with this promo. It doesn't even sound right to me.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by blackhat_3_6
My first stay for this promo just posted. Double points were included as expected. Now the problems start. Under My Offer Status I see the following:

You’re registered to earn Double Points or Double Miles! >>
Earn Double Points or Double Miles starting on your 2nd qualifying stay at any InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express worldwide. Earn Double on your 1st qualifying stay at any Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites hotel.

» View your Activity Detail

23 Jan 2012
to
30 Apr 2012 4 xxxx pts.

You need 0 Dollars for the next award.

You have earned the maximum award.

Anyone else getting these kinds of messages?
Just checked mine, seeing the same thing in regards to "maximum award"
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I assume if I have a stay from 23-24 Jan it counts as my first stay, so with my 2nd stay I start getting 2x pts?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by GordonUK
Just checked mine, seeing the same thing in regards to "maximum award"
bug fixed

"No earning limit on this offer"
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:26 pm

I just wanted to confirm...if I stay at a Candlewood suites tomorrow, and then stay 6 nights at a Crowne Plaza, will I get double points for BOTH? Does the first stay at a Candlewood count towards making my CP stay my "second stay" or does it have to to be 2 CP stays to get credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.