Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
so what is the most number of claims you guys have filed in one day? I tried to do 3 today, I don't know if I triggered some alarm or something, since they needed extra time to verify my other claims on the third call.

Of course, I respect the 50 miles no back-to-back rule... it's not my fault I keep finding lower rates!

Last edited by no2chem; Jun 14, 2013 at 7:34 am
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by no2chem
so what is the most number of claims you guys have filed in one day? I tried to do 3 today, I don't know if I triggered some alarm or something, since they needed extra time to verify my other claims on the third call.
After 2-3 they start looking into the claims more and sometimes it might take a few days whether you know if they approve them or not.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by Rusell
After 2-3 they start looking into the claims more and sometimes it might take a few days whether you know if they approve them or not.
So, even though I have case number, and agent verifies lower rate, claim might still be disapproved?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by no2chem
So, even though I have case number, and agent verifies lower rate, claim might still be disapproved?
Highly unlikely but sometimes it does happen.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:10 am

Singapore BRG on 30Aug

Anyone who is able to get Singapore BRG on 30Aug? I'm willing to trade with websites which almost always work for European hotels.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
What is the "usual tactic" so to speak with looking for a BRG?

Do you pick a certain area/hotel and then try to use the various websites that combine all the different hotel rates to try to find something lower for the specific dates you want??

Or is mostly waiting for someone to stumble upon a BRG and wait for it to be posted on a forum such as FT and jumping on it in time???

thx!!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Is it ok to Brg a IGH rate without bfast against a competeting with bfast? I could use the advance rate breakfast rate but Im being a bit cautious as the rate is called Weekend escapes, the description is: "Benefit from special savings when you book our breakfast inclusive Weekend Escape product. Bookings must include a Friday or Saturday night. Full prepayment for entire stay is required. Credit card is charged between time of booking and day of arrival and is non refundable."

It surely must qualify as my dates are for a saturday and include a breakfast also.

Cheers

Last edited by mitpat474; Jun 14, 2013 at 5:38 pm
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by musikdude
What is the "usual tactic" so to speak with looking for a BRG?

Do you pick a certain area/hotel and then try to use the various websites that combine all the different hotel rates to try to find something lower for the specific dates you want??
I can tell you what I did for my upcoming europe trip. I basically picked the one or 2 or 3 hotels from the IHG site, got the prices for my dates, then went to tripadvisor, punched the same dates for those hotels, and they would usually quickly show me a bunch of different sites prices, and usually at least one of them was lower.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Has anyone been successful getting a BRG claim approved using otel.com? dhr.com?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Is it me or is it harder to get approved after successfully validated 3 bpgs?

I find it hard after my third bpg approval, when I try to find a fourth one, nothing came up, and I looked lots of websites. I found one and called and I was told the cancellation policy is different, even tho usually if it is non refundable it will say "advanced purchSe" but this third party website doesn't say that on some rooms.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:32 pm

Data point for those who are interested...
just got approved for a night at ic ny, booked the flex rate on ihg.com and called their line just in case.
I was willing to switch my reservation over to the advance purchase (lowest one) as necessary, but rate on competing site was lower than both advance purchase and flex.
Approved after 15 mins on the phone. ^
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: SPG platinum; UA plus member; Delta Member; HHornors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Which website did you use?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by StevieCRock
Which website did you use?
hoteltravel.com
See my site for details (although rate may be gone now, I haven't checked):
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/canadi...-york-barclay/
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: US CP
It may be disappearing. I haven't been able to find a good one in the last 30 min. the cancellation policies seem to not be the same.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Heels05
It may be disappearing. I haven't been able to find a good one in the last 30 min. the cancellation policies seem to not be the same.
That's what I said. However when I talked on the phone it was honoured so again YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.