Introduction of PriorityClubRewards

Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:57 am
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
My apologies, I misspoke regarding the our My Coke Rewards involvement.

While Priority Club Rewards is still partnered with My Coke Rewards, we are only featured on their site for the first half of the year because another hotel program is featured the second half of the year.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm working with our web team to make that more clear on the website.

Originally Posted by rdong002
I tried following the link to see what type of conversion rate would apply but the link on the PC webpage redirects you to the Coke Rewards page. Can't find anything about PC reward redemption on the Coke Rewards page.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards
My apologies, I misspoke regarding the our My Coke Rewards involvement.

While Priority Club Rewards is still partnered with My Coke Rewards, we are only featured on their site for the first half of the year because another hotel program is featured the second half of the year.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm working with our web team to make that more clear on the website.
Any chance of getting a link up with Cokezone (The UK equivilent)?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by hearna
Welcome

I would also agree that plat is just way to easy to obtain.

Example, I work almost completely domestically in Canada.

To get up to my Airlines Super Elite status, it took me 7 Months and a lot of detouring and work to get it.

I got Plat within 2 months without even trying. Plat should be given to the most loyal of customers. It should be at least 2 to 3x harder to get then what it currently is. Because it is so easy I feel that the benefits are diluted, and that a stiffer re-qualification would allow ICHG to extend more benefits to plats, in NA and beyond!
It would be interesting if PriorityClubRewards could give us some indication about what % of Priority Club members are Platinum. It might help support or dismiss the common claim around here that it is too easy to gain Platinum.

Personally I think the current qualification requirements are just fine.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, iPrefer Gold
Platinum is too easy to get.... or we need a higher level

Hi

I have advocated elsewhere that we need a super-platinum level (much like RA for IC hotels)...

Basically Plat is too easy to get (especially given the double points promos and the like) which sure means too many plats to be given special treatment all or most of the time.

Maybe if we had a 50-night qualification or 300,000 points level for a Super-Plat level, **real** recognition would *always* be given.....

RB
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by redbus
Hi

I have advocated elsewhere that we need a super-platinum level (much like RA for IC hotels)...

Basically Plat is too easy to get (especially given the double points promos and the like) which sure means too many plats to be given special treatment all or most of the time.

Maybe if we had a 50-night qualification or 300,000 points level for a Super-Plat level, **real** recognition would *always* be given.....

RB
I would be more inclined to suggest changing the points qualification to only count base points rather than including bonuses and, even more bizarrely, purchased points rather than a new tier.

Originally Posted by britbonco22
It would be interesting if PriorityClubRewards could give us some indication about what % of Priority Club members are Platinum. It might help support or dismiss the common claim around here that it is too easy to gain Platinum.
Better , what percentage of those that have stayed at a hotel during the year are platinum , to avoid counting inactive members
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Better, what percentage of those that have stayed at a hotel during the year are platinum , to avoid counting inactive members
True that would be more accurate, but to really show how often a guest gets platinum benefits you should also include people that stayed that don't even belong to PC.

Another thing which would be interesting,
no. of nights stayed by platinum members / total nights by all guests.
With comparison to other programmes.
I'm sure that information is going to be closely guarded, maybe a bench marking company holds that information for several chains.

As it takes so many nights to get platinum in some programmes (e.g Marriott 75 nights), I would expect that those platinum level members stay a greater number of nights compared to PC platinum level members. However would the (apparent) greater number of platinum members in PC offset this.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:39 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

I have moved the question regarding the prepaid AmericanExpress Cards into this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...card-euro.html and send a PM to ProrityClubRewards notifiying them about the question.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:05 am

IMHO 30+ welcome posts is more than enough...

A lot of people don't like the new PC site and prefer to use the old one, at the
moment both of them are up(well quite frequently both of them are down) but will that be the case in the future?
I'd prefer to have a choice which site I'd want to use.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
I think it's a sweet dilemma with PC for most of us that you get little benefits when Plat, but collect points fast enough for free nights. They could also offer an option of "better stay treatment" or "more bonus points" when you stay. E.g. An option for opting for a guaranteed 2-level upgrade, better amenities, use of club lounge when you check-in but you dont get any of the bonus points.

Personal opinion : I choose PC hotels versus others for being able to get more points for money, hence more reward nights rather than sleeping in a bigger better room when anyway my time in the hotel is very limited.

I would be more inclined to suggest changing the points qualification to only count base points rather than including bonuses and, even more bizarrely, purchased points rather than a new tier.

Better , what percentage of those that have stayed at a hotel during the year are platinum , to avoid counting inactive members
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Hi

RB
This could be an idea for PriorityClubRewards to start a new thread to collect ideas what frequent travellers would like, and pilot it : what would you choose if you were offered better treatment versus bonus stay points when having reached Platinum ?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:01 am

Hi

RB
..like Lufthansa's Hon Circle, or Carlson's new tier after they changed the name from Goldpointsplus although I am not sure what visible added benefits you get with the latter.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:22 am

+1
Only points earned by staying att hotels should count, not
credit card sign-up bonuses etc.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
I disagree with the previous comments about making platinum harder to attain. Yes, I admit it is easier to attain Plat at IHG than the equivalent level at say a Marriott, or SPG, or Hilton brand... but it is that difference that also brings people to IHG over the competition.

For me and many of my colleagues, we chose to go out of our way to stay at IHG hotels over other chains because we can attain platinum here, whereas we wouldn't if it were made harder. If you are the few that want to stay at a hotel chain because you log a ton of stays, great there are other options for you. But for the silent majority, we choose IHG because Plat is attainable for us.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by kavok
I disagree with the previous comments about making platinum harder to attain. Yes, I admit it is easier to attain Plat at IHG than the equivalent level at say a Marriott, or SPG, or Hilton brand... but it is that difference that also brings people to IHG over the competition.

For me and many of my colleagues, we chose to go out of our way to stay at IHG hotels over other chains because we can attain platinum here, whereas we wouldn't if it were made harder. If you are the few that want to stay at a hotel chain because you log a ton of stays, great there are other options for you. But for the silent majority, we choose IHG because Plat is attainable for us.
+1 agree with the above....
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
In the end I don't care about making plat easier, harder, or staying the same. The core of the PC program is earning points. Don't change this, and you'll keep my loyalty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.