Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 London Olympic Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Camflyer
Yes, I've just found that. I had been putting off booking for the Olympics as the prices were so high and I'd been hoping that they would come down at the lastminute if rooms went unsold.

But... I've just checked and there are quite a few options available at ICHG hotels in London for 15,000 + $60 per night or 20,000 + $40 which is a lot more reasonable than I was expecting.
I also noticed that quite a few hotels have a minimum stay of 2 nights on reward stays. If you search for a single night there is no availability, but if you extend your stay to 2 nights, you will get much more availability showing in your search results.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
I looked at Starwood and they have rooms for sale at all their London properties. However it is ridiculously expensive. I have tickets for one event, but if I go I will probably sleep at a friends house rather than pay 500 quid for a hotel.
Shereton Park lane in Aug cheapest room is Ł431 pre paid rate
Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dazerc
Shereton Park lane in Aug cheapest room is Ł431 pre paid rate
For Ł431, I'd expect B&B at Buckingham Palace!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:18 pm

This week I managed to get a room at HI Oxford Circus during the middle weekend. So availability is still popping up, you just need to keep an eye out.

And beware of the 2 night minimum as well!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Can I ask if anyone has done an award stay at the CP St. James or Indigo Paddington this week? Are they upgrading Platinum members?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
keep an eye out on various websites. there are good deals out there as hotels have been caught out trying to ask too much and now have spare capacity
im just back from 2 nights during olympics - holiday inn mayfair on points stay and still got upgraded to executive room
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
keep an eye out on various websites. there are good deals out there as hotels have been caught out trying to ask too much and now have spare capacity
im just back from 2 nights during olympics - holiday inn mayfair on points stay and still got upgraded to executive room
Yes, there are some really cheap prices available now if you look around. I'm starting to wish that I hadn't cashed in so many points. I was at the HI Kensington over the weekend and it seemed fairly quiet apart from a huge delegation from Coca Cola and a few from the Japanese Olympic Committee.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:58 am

I have been staying at the HI Brent Cross (northern line about 25 min from town). They still doing 2 for 1 rate at Ł60+Vat a night.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:55 am

Just checked in at CP City on a points booking. Unlike some properties this is fully booked.
I was upgraded to a club room but sadly had to decline as I wanted a twin room. Upgrade would not have included the lounge as I understand though.
They are providing free wifi to plats in August.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Just checked in at CP City on a points booking. Unlike some properties this is fully booked.
I was upgraded to a club room but sadly had to decline as I wanted a twin room. Upgrade would not have included the lounge as I understand though.
They are providing free wifi to plats in August.
Exactly the same at CP Kennsington this week, upgraded, free wifi, lounge offered for Ł30. (on Points)
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
3 weeks ago I booked the CP Docklands on points for my parents for the 6th August . Still pondering tactics ie - check in myself and then give parents the room or just tell reception the booking actually is for them with the slight risk they refuse to honour.

Oh yes - thoughts warmly welcome .

Last edited by docklander; Aug 4, 2012 at 6:51 am Reason: addendum
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:35 pm

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill during the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Weekend

Stayed at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill during the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Weekend. Had an excellent stay on PriorityClub points. My review with pictures and video on my travel blog: http://travel.bart.la/2012/08/04/hot...olympic-games/

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by docklander
3 weeks ago I booked the CP Docklands on points for my parents for the 6th August . Still pondering tactics ie - check in myself and then give parents the room or just tell reception the booking actually is for them with the slight risk they refuse to honour.

Oh yes - thoughts warmly welcome .
Just name one of them on the reservation as additional guest, they can check in fine then.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by bartla
Stayed at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill during the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Weekend.
Wonder if our paths crossed. I did 8 nights there starting with Opening Night. I was in 501. I would have been in USA attire most of the time. I ended up using Tower Hill as my main access point as it was only a few mins longer walk than Aldgate and had both District and Circle lines.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
There was another occasional FTer at the Tower Hill Indigo on 26th and 27th as well, who took a room I originally booked for myself but didn't need in the end

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.