Wiki Posts
Search

2012 London Olympic Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by stimpy
Is this hotel open yet? Has anyone stayed there?
I have. Photos start HERE and my review HERE.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
How can it be 6km from the centre? London distances are measured from Hyde Park Corner and that is about 1km from the hotel!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Raffles
How can it be 6km from the centre? London distances are measured from Hyde Park Corner and that is about 1km from the hotel!
I agree. I think it would be worth their while to make a slight change to the hotel profile.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:03 pm

Well my question stands. Should I stay here or the CP St. James during the Olympics? I guess I have about 10 months to decide.

I don't think you have much choice, I don't see availability at CP St. James during the Games.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bartla
I don't think you have much choice, I don't see availability at CP St. James during the Games.
See above post #55. I already have an award reservation at the CP St. James.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by bartla
Hi Folks,

Just a short post to inform you Hotel Indigo London Paddington loaded new award nights for the London 2012 Olympics.

Availability on all days from July 29, 2012 until the end of the Games August 12, 2012 (except one night: Aug 5 - Aug 6)

Enjoy!
Thanks for the post, but there doesn't appear to be any availability on Aug 4th either.
I'm hoping to get a bit more central (currently have 2 rooms on the 4th in Croydon)
Old Sep 18, 2011, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Thanks for the post, but there doesn't appear to be any availability on Aug 4th either.
I'm hoping to get a bit more central (currently have 2 rooms on the 4th in Croydon)
Ironically, it will be quicker from Croydon to the stadium than many places in Central London due to the excellent connections. 15 mins to London Bridge and then straight onto a Jubilee tube to the stadium.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Charing Cross dear boy!

It is interesting that London hotels during the Olympics are allowing late cancellations - they may regret this.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:55 am

Ironically, it will be quicker from Croydon to the stadium than many places in Central London due to the excellent connections. 15 mins to London Bridge and then straight onto a Jubilee tube to the stadium.
True, the transport to the stadium isn't a problem, however I shall be meeting up with friends in central london in the evening, I expect by the time we finish it will be late enough that the trains only go every hour.

Also as I have a room at the CP St James on the Friday, it means heading out to Croydon to check in.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Today there is widespread availability of IHG London properties for reward nights during the London Olympics using Points & Cash.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...available-now/
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by satori
Today there is widespread availability of IHG London properties for reward nights during the London Olympics using Points & Cash.

This seems to be a decent deal taking Starwood increased their category ratings for their hotels in downtown London for the 2012 year and no availability of cash and points.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:15 pm

Thanks for the heads up. As usual the booking system is very buggy, availability seems to come and go.
Still not availability at CP St James on the date I want, but I will keep an eye on it.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, BA/Iberia Avios, AAdvantage
The actual point for measuring the distance to & from & within London is located at Charing Cross, Westminster.

Why Charing Cross? Even though it is quite central it is not because of its geographical location, the real reason goes back over 700 years to the reign of Edward I.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well my question stands. Should I stay here or the CP St. James during the Olympics? I guess I have about 10 months to decide.
I tried out the Indigo Paddington (as well as the Hilton Paddington) and I think that would be the better choice over the St. James. One question though, is the free transport pass that LOG gives us good for the HEX?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by satori

Yes, I've just found that. I had been putting off booking for the Olympics as the prices were so high and I'd been hoping that they would come down at the lastminute if rooms went unsold.

But... I've just checked and there are quite a few options available at ICHG hotels in London for 15,000 + $60 per night or 20,000 + $40 which is a lot more reasonable than I was expecting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.