Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Black Friday Deal - Earn $50 flight credit for weekend night stay in U.S.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some

www.ihg.com/50Free

The IHG Black Friday Deal is only open to U.S. legal residents of 50 states and D.C. Registration is required before your hotel stay.

Book an IHG brand hotel in U.S. by Dec 31, 2010.

Stay at hotel between Nov 5, 2010 and April 30, 2011 and earn a $50 flight credit coupon good for any airline to anywhere. There is no limit to the number of $50 flight credits earned. Flight credit may only be used by Priority Club member who earned it. These credits are not transferrable.

This promotion has confusing terms today for its launch due to different terms listed on the Black Friday promotion page compared to the more favorable promotion terms listed in the full Terms & Conditions for the Black Friday 50Free deal.

The Black Friday promotion page states book hotel by November 29, but full T&C state December 31, 2010.

Black Friday promotion page states "Get $50 off a flight to any U.S. destination", but the full T&C state "Your activated Award entitles you to receive a savings of $50 on the cost of one roundtrip airline ticket, any airline, any destination. Flights must be on a single carrier."

I used the full T&C terms when I wrote about this offer today on Loyalty Traveler blog.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...flight-credit/

Last edited by satori; Nov 1, 2010 at 9:16 am
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: MP 1P, QF Silver, WN CP, HH Diamond, PC Spire, SBUX Gold
"Your airfare must be booked through the travel agent for this promotion ATG (CST# 2001330-10 and Florida Seller of Travel Registration #35395, and Nevada Seller of Travel Registration No. 240000054), within 3 months of Award registration. All travel using the Award must be completed within 3 months of booking."

Has anyone deal with them before? What are their pricing like? I hope its not like one of those Amex free companion tickets scams where you are limited to a higher price fare.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
"Flight must be booked with 21-day advance and include a Saturday night stay."

this is a really confusing promo. if it is possible to actually pull this of it's not very flexible.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:59 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xaliasx
What are their pricing like? I hope its not like one of those Amex free companion tickets scams where you are limited to a higher price fare.
exactly!

my guess is that those companies are not in it for charity so one has to expect higher fares or some sort of booking fee associated with any ticket purchased.

I'm not saying this promo is bad, I just wouldn't go into it expecting to get a full $50 off of the cheapest airfare one could find.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Do you guys think this works with the Friends and Family discount rate?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:14 pm

i think this is kind of lame.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
What a BS promo.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:54 pm

So I stayed a weekend night back in November and I got an e-mail to register for my award, so I did. I received a code and a toll free number to the ATG travel agency.

Spoke to a very nice lady who said you buy any round-trip ticket with Saturday night stay at least 21 days in advance and receive a $50 check in the mail 6 weeks after ticketing.

I priced a sample ticket with the agent for flights on Delta I'm looking at taking in February and it matched Delta.com so they don't use special availability, but regular fares instead. And these fares do earn miles. All where 'U' fares on Delta and the agent said she will enter my SkyMiles number upon ticketing.

You don't pay any booking fees to the airline or travel agency since you are calling with a special certificate to purchase the ticket.

Depending on if there are any issues in receiving the $50 check, this is a decent offer since you earn miles and it's the same price as you would buy online.

-Kinglobjaw
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
So I stayed a weekend night back in November and I got an e-mail to register for my award, so I did. I received a code and a toll free number to the ATG travel agency.

Spoke to a very nice lady who said you buy any round-trip ticket with Saturday night stay at least 21 days in advance and receive a $50 check in the mail 6 weeks after ticketing.

I priced a sample ticket with the agent for flights on Delta I'm looking at taking in February and it matched Delta.com so they don't use special availability, but regular fares instead. And these fares do earn miles. All where 'U' fares on Delta and the agent said she will enter my SkyMiles number upon ticketing.

You don't pay any booking fees to the airline or travel agency since you are calling with a special certificate to purchase the ticket.

Depending on if there are any issues in receiving the $50 check, this is a decent offer since you earn miles and it's the same price as you would buy online.

-Kinglobjaw
And the deal is on again -- at least through the 23rd.

http://www.ihg.com/50Free
Old Feb 1, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Well I just booked a flight with this thing so I guess its a 'time will tell' on the payoff. Was very difficult to get through (the 866 number was busy for a while) but a pleasnt enough woman booked my ticket at the same price I could see on delta.com and promised I would get a rebate check in 6 weeks.

So I'll have to update this in 6 weeks.

Anyone actually see the check yet?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Just got 2 of those vouchers. The system is asking me to register a name for this credit. Do you think I can change the name after I register it?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:29 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by al613
Just got 2 of those vouchers. The system is asking me to register a name for this credit. Do you think I can change the name after I register it?
I dont believe so.

I also got 2 codes. I used my name for one and the other I might give to a friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.