Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:27 pm
HCA

For points.com, any restriction for "Swap 3 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles for 1 Priority Club® Rewards points"?
(If no, I will join AS with 500 bonus).

It require to have 25,000 AA miles or AA status to do 2:1 transfer to Priority Club.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by bjdsave
How did the 1,000 point purchase appear??

I purchased 1000 a few days ago and now see 1,000 listed as points.com and cannot imagine any explanation other than the purchase appearing as points.com.
If so, this might end up counting as one partner with my points.com transfer also made the other day.
Both the purchase and the transfer appear as points.com with no further details. We think that they have some internal coding to differentiate between a transfer and a purchase, otherwise how can they offer both as a potential partner? I initiated the 1000 point purchase from the PC website, not points.com.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tiki
Is anyone showing pending transactions from restaurant.com that were done after 25 Aug? I am trying to figure out if they do a weekly sweep of all transactions. So far, the one I did on 27 Aug (might have been 26 Aug in the USA) still hasn't posted to the Pending screen.
I dont think there is a sweep as the one I did on Aug 25 showed up the next day when others reported the tracking. The one I did on hubby's account on Aug 26 afternoon never shows up. I suspect it will not ever show up.

I ordered an Avon body lotion in 1.90 total instead.

Many thanks to margaritagirl for her help. I wish I have read her post before ordering the Restaurant.com throw-away.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 3:42 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Happy
I dont think there is a sweep as the one I did on Aug 25 showed up the next day when others reported the tracking. The one I did on hubby's account on Aug 26 afternoon never shows up. I suspect it will not ever show up.

Many thanks to margaritagirl for her help. I wish I have read her post before ordering the Restaurant.com throw-away.
To share common experiences, I

1) Ordered restaurant.com certificate, don't see the transaction showing up (maybe has to do with using a discount code/paypal?)
2) Got a code from margaritagirl for free shipping on two lip balms ($1.38) and
3) Bought points from PC, and transferred points from AA, and both show up as points.com transactions- have sent email to PC cust service to confirm that these count as two separate partners- will post reply if/when I get it.

When I transferred 100 AA miles, I only got 42 PC points- not 2-1, even though I have over 25,000 AA miles and am Gold. No restrictions on the 500 AS miles to 172 PC points, which I did just for the extra points (trying to get to Platinum).
Old Sep 1, 2009, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
restaurant.com should still track even with the 80% discount code - mine did. I also used Paypal.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:50 am

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
Any new discount code for resturant.com??

The TSATE code has expired.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cardiology
The TSATE code has expired.
Since it's the beginning of the month, no. If you wait a couple of weeks, the discount codes will start appearing -- the 80% is generally offered towards the end of the month.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jb831
Since it's the beginning of the month, no. If you wait a couple of weeks, the discount codes will start appearing -- the 80% is generally offered towards the end of the month.
The is always a code of some sort. I believe "ALL" gives 50% off anytime.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Happy

Did the Avon body lotion show up right away?

Mike
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
restaurant.com should still track even with the 80% discount code - mine did. I also used Paypal.
Correct. My first one used the 80% code also, and it showed up the same time you alerted us the tracking.

But the one I placed for hubby's account, using identical method, never shows up. I even went to a different computer, for fear the cookie would track wrongly and put the purchase into my own PC account... like others on AA forum reported such issues with AA shopping mall...

The Avon purchase has not tracked yet but at least I bought something I would actually use.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
Did the Avon body lotion show up right away?

Mike
No.

But the Skin So Soft lotion is a brand we use, especially for outdoor, due to its unexplicable insect repellent effect. At 1.90 w/tax and 0 shipping for an 8oz bottle, it is cheap. I found it under clearance section.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: HH, GP, PC
Does this work if I do three purchases from three seperate online stores that are in HI's Online Mall and purchase points as well?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by BorgmanJayce
Does this work if I do three purchases from three seperate online stores that are in HI's Online Mall and purchase points as well?
No -- the online mall counts as 1 partner, so only the first of those would work; the rest would be wasted.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: Miles and More
I am not sure if my old post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...es-hotels.html is still valid, but this maybe an option to get another free activity via travellingconnect (is it a legitimate partner for this promo?). I've got my 100 PC points for sign up in February, but they might improve their system after that.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
the 100 miles are not valid anymore. I registered shortly after the post (March), but got nothing.
The page now says "all non-existing numbers will be removed"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.