Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC COEX or Grand Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
seeing my reservation already upgraded to business room as an RA. Free internet and breakfast ^ hope minibar is included on this pointbreak rate
Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Ambassador, Star Alliance (Air NZ), Skyteam (Korean Air)
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Not sure if it's still being offered (was last there in March), but the lounge on the main level used to have an interesting evening offer: either all the wine you could drink (a selection of reds and whites) or all the beer you could handle, plus a reasonably nice hot and cold buffet in the evening. IIRC the tab was about U$20, a great value as there was enough on the buffet to have a decent dinner, not to mention the drinks!
COEX is still doing this I love it. Also, The Grand has their terrace bar open now ... unlimited draft beer from 5:30pm to 9:00pm for 10,000 won ($10).

Will be there on the 15th of August for a Pointbreaks stay, and again for a couple of nights over Chuseok.

http://www.seoul.intercontinental.co...=4&StartPage=1
Old Aug 24, 2009, 1:16 am

Programs: Intercontinental Ambassador, Star Alliance (Air NZ), Skyteam (Korean Air)
Was there last weekend ... went downstairs for the Happy Hour, and ... NOTHING ... ... asked the waitress and was told they don't do it on Public Holidays. And how many guests know when the Korean holidays are? Fairly few, I'm guessing.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 5:56 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Sitting in the lobby lounge at the COEX IC right now. The sappy Hour is actually called the "Wonder Hour". Wonder Hour is 22,990 KRW with tax and service charge or $18.83 with taxes and it is great. Good appetizers and 16 different types of wine in addition to OB Beer which is decent but not my style. So problems at check-in besides trying to try early check-in at 2:30 which was met with the response of being upgraded to a business room with free internet.

Overall, nice hotel with some minor fixtures in need of remodeling. Carpets in the halls need replacing along with getting rid of the tube TVs. Bathroom could be newer, but in the end very clean hotel with excellent service and great facilities.

When it comes to location both the ICs in Seoul are a kinda out of the way at the COEX, but public transit is a easy and cheap and there are still a lot of options for tourism within the half hour ride.

Last edited by bschaff1; Sep 12, 2009 at 3:48 am
Old Sep 11, 2009, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I think flat screen, digital TVs are a disaster and vastyl over-rated. I would rather know I am getting a good rate (and extraordinary Wonder Hour value) than knowing the property is paying off a rediculous bill for replacing all their perfectly good TVs. Just imagine the recycling that would entail!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question Is it a walking distance between IC COEX & IC Grand ?

Will stay both hotels 3 nights each. Can anyone tell me if it is a walking distance between the two hotels? If so, how long does it take to walk from one to the other?

In addition, between Grand Hilton and the 2 ICs, which one is more centrally located and more convenience to get into subway station?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Will stay both hotels 3 nights each. Can anyone tell me if it is a walking distance between the two hotels? If so, how long does it take to walk from one to the other?

In addition, between Grand Hilton and the 2 ICs, which one is more centrally located and more convenience to get into subway station?
The hotels are 150 meters far away from each other (actually just separated by the Coex conference centre). The hotels are linked together by the mall.

IC Grand is just opposite Park Hyatt.

The only Hilton I know in Seoul is Millennium, which is far away ICs.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:02 am

Programs: SPG/HGP/IHG/MR/HH/DL/UA/
Originally Posted by GordonGordon

Walking thru. mall(under-ground level) is 10-15mins. max.
Walking thru. outside is also less than 15-20 mins.

IC Grand seoul is 2mins. away from subway station.
Which makes IC Coex less than 15mins. away from subway station.

Grand Hilton, subway isn't really within walking distance.
Sure you can walk, but will take you near 35-45mins.
I'm not sure if they provide comp. shuttle.
Location isn't really good if you don't have a car or by taxi.

Millennium Hilton will be much better choice if you want to go with Hilton brand.
Much closer to City hall, 15-20 mins. to subway station.

Both Hilton is locate at North from Han river, both IC is South of Han river.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Thank you nicolas75 & CIPAS for the detailed information!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:57 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I have a two night stay booked in a Junior Suite at the IC Grand next week. As a PC Platinum, what would I be upgraded to: a larger suite or a club floor room?

Also, on an unrelated note, when I went to add my PC number to the reservation, I received the following error:
A Credit Card is required to confirm this reservation. Please contact your nearest reservation office for assistance.
Since this reservation was booked for me by someone else, and it is not a "guaranteed reservation," at what point prior to the stay would I be able to add my PC number?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I was at the Grand Seoul about a month ago. Booked a standard room and was upgraded to a Junior Suite (supposedly non-smoking but the room smelled like an ashtray). Got to the hotel around 7 a.m. and checked into my room 2 hours later. I am just a platinum ambassador. Didn't spend much time in the hotel (why would I when I am in Seoul) but the staff were generally welcoming and efficient (guess the upcoming G20 meeting had something to do with it too).
Old Dec 10, 2010, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by armagebedar
I have a two night stay booked in a Junior Suite at the IC Grand next week. As a PC Platinum, what would I be upgraded to: a larger suite or a club floor room?

Also, on an unrelated note, when I went to add my PC number to the reservation, I received the following error:

Since this reservation was booked for me by someone else, and it is not a "guaranteed reservation," at what point prior to the stay would I be able to add my PC number?

1. As PC Platinum, you don't really get anything at IC.
To get some benefit at IC, you need either ambassador or royal ambassador status to get room upgrades, late checkout, and such.

2. Is reservation under your name? than call priority or hotel to add your membership number.
If reservation is not under your name, you can't add your number and you can't check-in. Only the person under reservation can check-in and add PCR number to reservation for points.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CIPAS
1. As PC Platinum, you don't really get anything at IC.
To get some benefit at IC, you need either ambassador or royal ambassador status to get room upgrades, late checkout, and such.
Not true, depends on property. I've had some wonderful suite upgrades as a PC Plat (was not an AMB or RA at that time). NO club access though.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Not true, depends on property. I've had some wonderful suite upgrades as a PC Plat (was not an AMB or RA at that time). NO club access though.

I'm saying both IC Coex and Grand, don't offer upgrade to just PC plats.
Also don't offer late check-out, too.
Only to Amb/RA.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CIPAS
I'm saying both IC Coex and Grand, don't offer upgrade to just PC plats.
Also don't offer late check-out, too.
Only to Amb/RA.
Oh ok, thanks for the clarification. As a plat you're still supposed to get an upgrade - of course subject to availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.