Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Does any one know when they will open, or start accepting reservations??
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Aisle Executive
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:01 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Hotel is now open (review)

This hotel opened on the 16th of November 2009. I am just finishing off a 3-night award stay.

There are not many guests here at all yet. I guess they will fill up in the next coming weeks for the climate conference.

As a platinum I was upgraded to a corner room on the 21st floor. Unfortunately the next morning we flooded the bathroom using the shower - the drain didn't work at all. We were then moved to the same corner room, just on the 24th floor.

The room that we got moved into gave us access to the Club Lounge. At the moment the Club Lounge is physically accessible by anyone since they neither ask for your room number, nor is the key card access system working. (The access to the fitness center is the same way, except that the door is locked and a staff member must open it.)

The lounge has offers a decent breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages or sometimes mushrooms, and grilled tomatoes. The cold selections include - several cereals, yoghurt, fruit salad, whole fruit, sliced turkey, sliced ham, cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers, etc. There is a espresseo/coffee machine that makes the standard mix of coffee drinks.

In the evening they have cold hors' d'oeuvres. On one of the nights (Sunday) nothing was served. We aren't sure if this is standard or just a fluke. The staff member on duty didn't know as she was just filling in for someone that was sick.

The lounge is apparently open all the time. I suspect this might change once they get the access card system to work. The coffee machine is always on. There are also two unlocked fridges with soft drinks, beer, white wine (red wine is on the shelf), Bacardi rum, two whiskeys, Gin, and vodka.

Rooms: the rooms are standard size with a large bed, ample closet, lounging chair with small table, desk, flat screen tv, 2 phones. The bathroom has a separate shower and bathtub. There is a single basin with plenty of mirrors, including a shaving mirror. What I like is the lack of tons of promotional information everywhere which helps (in my opinion) give the room a nice clean feeling. The big problem that I have is that the room is always too warm. I think this might just be a teething problem of this brand new hotel as they are still working on this system according to the front desk. I suspect it also might be a problem that I am at the end of a circuit and all the other rooms are vacant.

The hotel is meant to be a low or zero carbon emissions hotel. That is one of the reasons that they don't have hotel information packs on the desk. Instead they have an information system accessible through the tv. I found the information (at least in English) to need completion, a check for accuracy and proof-reading. The TV also offers pay per view, two adult channels, games, internet access, and something called "desk-top-access". You had to pay before being able to see what that access is, but the description suggests you might be able to have a virtual computer with Word, etc. on the tv. I can't imagine how you would operate it with a remote control. In any case, the tv system is still quite quirky and not configured correctly yet. As a matter of fact, the entire system isn't working right now.

Wireless internet access is free with a caveat for those sensitive about personal data. You have to give them your email address and agree to receiving promotional information from the hotel. I gave them my spam mail address. You also have the option to pay a daily fee to get a higher speed connection. There is a port in the wall near the phone which may be suitable for a LAN connection. There isn't a LAN cable lying around though to try it out.

I went and looked at the restaurant's breakfast buffet. It is similar to the one in the lounge, just with a bit more variety and quantity.

The location is good from a transportation perspective. The Oerestad metro and train stations are 3-4 minutes away by foot. With the train or metro you just a few minutes to the airport or to the downtown area. The line also leads to Malmoe and Lund in Sweden. There is a big mall and park nearby, but otherwise the immediate area is rather unimpressive.

My overall impression: once they get the quirks out, this is going to be a fine hotel.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks Cbellero for the excellenet review. Any idea how different the normal rooms are from the corner rooms?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:41 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Difference in Rooms

I actually never saw a non-corner room. However, I did look at the fire plan on the back of my door which had a fairly detailed schematic of the rooms. It seems that the rooms are marginally smaller. I think that the regular rooms might have a combination shower/bathtub rather than separate units.

I forgot to mention that floor 25 is labelled in the elevator as "Suites". I have no idea what they are like.

As I was leaving today there were still a lot of painters running around doing touch up work. Strangely they weren't putting up any warning signs. I would avoid leaning against any of the surfaces unless you want to "whiten" your clothing.

I pretty much added all my constructive criticism from this post to my comment card. I am confident that the issues are being/will be resolved.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
My first stay here

Hi Cbellero, I echo your thoughts about the hotel.
I am here with my wife and baby only for transfer night on the F&F rate, 142 USD incl.taxes. Got an upgrade to exec corner room on high floor with nice view to the airport. xx16 corner rooms are way to go!
Took complimentary shuttle from airport, bellman was there with minibus in 5 minutes after we called, really nice Danish guy. We chatted about the hotel and he said there were only 30 rooms out of 366 occupied currently. It was plain to see as the whole hotel looked kinda deserted. Later he gave me another free ride to airport and back as I wanted to buy some stuff.
Although I had exchanged emails with manager Gitte Fenger, upgrade was not processed and I had to ask for upgrade at check-in. Those new black RA cards really suck, check-in girl didnt even understand at first why I was giving it to her, then I explained I was Platinum.
Anyways fast-talking Asian guy came along and gave us upgrade and showed the lounge. I quite liked it, although the food offering around 8pm was absolutely dismal, 3 different kind of small snacks, which weren't that tasty. Middle Eastern girl in the lounge spoke really lousy English, but to her credit she voluntarily brought some fruits upstairs for my wife after I've complained about how the lounge was missing them.
Right now I am in the lounge, it's close to midnight, although lounge was supposed to be open only until 10 pm. I could get myself heavily drunk if I wanted to, alcohol seems to be available 24 hours a day here, and as Cbellero already wrote, lounge is current open to anyone, and they dont ask for your room number.

All-in-all, I like that hotel is fresh, but it seems kinda too sterile for me, also would like to have bigger rooms. Per Ms. Fenger they dont upgrade Platinum to Suites, so no point booking exec. room, when you're Plat. I am planning to visit Copenhagen in 3 months for few concerts and I am leaning towards staying in the centre, likely Marriott.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
I also stayed at the hotel last week on its second day. Quite empty and not really operational yet. Erratic fire alarms and lots of debris including broken windows outside of the hotel (it was extremely windy).

While traffic connections from Oerestad are good, it still is in the middle of nowhere. I assume there will be other developments in the area, otherwise I do not see the point why they build the hotel there. For early morning flights I prefer the Hilton, otherwise staying in the city is much nicer.

I received a corner room too (no mention of club access). Check-in took ages, I was her first guest and she was having a hard time with the software. After looking for some time at my credit card and RA card she asked for my name. [Almost as good as the trainee at the IC Athens some years ago - I was a Gold Ambassador at the time - who said that they do not have a reservation for a Mr Gold Elite ]. Check out was the same. I guess that is to be expected for a new hotel and will improve over time. All staff seemed to be really excited, by the way.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demiurg

While traffic connections from Oerestad are good, it still is in the middle of nowhere. I assume there will be other developments in the area, otherwise I do not see the point why they build the hotel there. For early morning flights I prefer the Hilton, otherwise staying in the city is much nicer.
The hotel is very close to the Bella Centre, which is Denmark's largest convention centre. I believe their main clientele will be those attending events at that venue.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sphinx
The hotel is very close to the Bella Centre, which is Denmark's largest convention centre. I believe their main clientele will be those attending events at that venue.
I see - thanks for the clarification ^
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

For those who have stayed at the CP CPH, can you pls confirm if the rooms already have the coffee makers and the team makers as advertised on the website?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Sphinx
For those who have stayed at the CP CPH, can you pls confirm if the rooms already have the coffee makers and the team makers as advertised on the website?
I have not used it, but I am pretty sure there was a pot for hot water plus tea and instant coffee in the cupboard next to the minibar.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
The Beds ?

Do the rooms have proper king/queen/double beds ? or just two single beds shoved together ?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 1:18 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Squirrel99uk
Do the rooms have proper king/queen/double beds ? or just two single beds shoved together ?
My room had a proper queen or king. We had two duvets though, which I personally prefer.

I can confirm there was a water boiler for instant coffee and tea. However, the free coffee and tea in the lounge is better!

There was also an iron and ironing board, two bath robes, two sets of slippers, an electronic safe, the New Testament, reading lights on each side of the bed. Bathroom amenities included bar hand soap, conditioner, shampoo, shower gel and moisturizer. There is also a mini-bar that auto-charges whenever you take something out of it. This scared me from even opening the mini-bar door. I can only imagine the prices are outrageous for Euro or even-moreso dollar earners.

I think that is about all I can comment.

Oh, no...one more thing - there is a window that can be opened. Kind of. In my first room it had a notice that it should only be opened in a fire, which seemed counter-intuitive - the window is kind of small to jump out of (and lethal from the 21st floor) and introducing fresh air to a fire contradicts what I was taught in chemistry class. Anyway, in the 24th floor the window had the same sign on the window, but this time no handle. I guess adding oxygen on the 24th floor is bad.

As for the usage of this hotel - I think it is also good as an airport hotel.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by cbellero
There is also a mini-bar that auto-charges whenever you take something out of it. This scared me from even opening the mini-bar door. I can only imagine the prices are outrageous for Euro or even-moreso dollar earners.
I took a beer from the minibar - even though there was no price list in the room (nor a bottle opener as I found out after taking the bottle out). I think the charge was 45 DKK.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:50 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by demiurg
I took a beer from the minibar - even though there was no price list in the room (nor a bottle opener as I found out after taking the bottle out). I think the charge was 45 DKK.
The mini-bar prices are meant to be on the the television system. I don't remember how well they have implemented it though, as there were many issues with the information on and the television system itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.