Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
I have just checked into the CPH towers. Unfortunately, I was told by the front desk that management has decided that upgrades should be limited to receiving a room at a higher floor. There shall be no more access to the club lounge for PC Platinum members. No other amenities are granted to platinums either. So, in short, the new approach is for practically zero platinum recognition... They acknowledged that some plats "slipped" through the cracks and got larger rooms and club access when they strongly objected upon check-in, but that now they are starting to strictly enforce the "no-real-platinum-recognition" policy... Shame...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:31 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I have just checked into the CPH towers. Unfortunately, I was told by the front desk that management has decided that upgrades should be limited to receiving a room at a higher floor. There shall be no more access to the club lounge for PC Platinum members. No other amenities are granted to platinums either. So, in short, the new approach is for practically zero platinum recognition... They acknowledged that some plats "slipped" through the cracks and got larger rooms and club access when they strongly objected upon check-in, but that now they are starting to strictly enforce the "no-real-platinum-recognition" policy... Shame...
Sorry to hear about this. I will shoot off an email to the hotel expressing my dissatisfaction. Hearing this actually removes it from my list of hotels that I would go to without any reservations.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbellero
Sorry to hear about this. I will shoot off an email to the hotel expressing my dissatisfaction. Hearing this actually removes it from my list of hotels that I would go to without any reservations.
Please do so. I will do the same. The front desk actually encouraged me to write my concerns in order to help change the policy!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:00 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

I received a friendly email reply concerning my inquiry. Rather than copy the entire mail I will just paste the part concerning lounge access:

"Regarding Platinum Members, the policy has not been changed. The policy is still that Platinum Members should be upgraded upon arrival based on availability. However, upgrades can be as higher floors, better views, corner rooms but not necessarily a higher room category.

We are currently discussing the possibility of giving Platinum Members Lounge access as a standard at the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers."

The message came from the Front Office Manager.

I do have to say that I was upgraded to a club room for my stay, so I had the club access included on those grounds independent of my platinum status. Plus there was the added fact that anyone could get into the lounge without a key card.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cbellero
"We are currently discussing the possibility of giving Platinum Members Lounge access as a standard at the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers."
Is it the Danish way to say: NO WAY!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:22 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

I also gave the manager a link to this thread and invited him to join the discussion.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Is it the Danish way to say: NO WAY!

True... the high floor is not really much of a perk, given that there are no exciting views around... and it is also pretty noisy... probably from the elevator motors on the roof, but I could be wrong. Had to use ear plugs to get a good night's sleep.

As a new hotel, the teething pains are obvious despite the good intentions of staff. Particularly noteworthy is the difficulty of receiving any promised feedback from the front desk on any concerns conveyed to them for action. This will improve with time.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:36 pm

Reply from the management

Hi there,

I am the managing director of the hotel and have read your comments with great interest.

Taking a hotel from a building site to operational level in 3 weeks has its challenges, and I recognise some of the issues you have encountered. I am sorry about those - but the opening offer reflects the fact the we expected some issues during the first weeks.

Having said that - most of these are ironed out now and judging from the current feed-back I think we are doing pretty well.

Just answering some of the issues in the thread:

- The in-room coffee and tea facilities offers real coffee from sustainable and fair trade coffee plantation - both ordinary and decaf.
- The windows are required to be able to open by Danish building code regulations allowing persons potentially trapped by fire in the corridor to wave to register their presence with the fire brigade
- Danish anti terror regulations requires that we register Internet users

It seems that our procedures in recognising Platinum members have been very poorly implemented in the rush to get ready and open. I will review this immediately tomorrow morning.

Hope to see you back at our hotel again at some time - the team has come a long way since the opening - currently handling a full hotel with all the UN Climate Summit delegates.

All the best
Allan
Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Dear aagerholm,
Welcome to the Flyertalk community!

It's a great pleasure to have a member from IHG staff sharing his comments!^^

I will stay in your hotel in February and hope I will enjoy my stay.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 6:08 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

I second this welcome.

I hope you are able to check in every once in a while to review the comments and make some of your own.

Although I don't think CPH is a common destination for many that view this forum, I do believe a forum member who is visiting CPH for the first time will read this thread before making the decision on whether or not to stay.

And about the plat benefits - I think there should be some real benefit that can regularly be delivered. I think platinum guests will steer their business towards a hotel that consistently recognizes their loyalty to the chain. I think lounge access is reasonable - it is a big lounge - but that is a business case left to you!

Thanks again for joining. Now I have to board to CPH - but I am heading across the bridge this time - I need to avoid the Climate Summit.

And one final thing - I think we are all wishing you and your team the best. I thought everyone was energetic, hard-working and interested in making the hotel a success! Good luck!
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Welcome, Aagerholm!

If Platinums will be nicely recognized in your hotel, I'll be back In February for few nights, although I was already leaning towards Mariott.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:00 am

Good morning,

I reviewed our Platinum procedures and the correspondence between my Front Office Manager and "Sphinx" yesterday.

The mail from my Front Office Manager to "Sphinx" was a bit ambiguously written and I understand why this led to a misunderstanding, but I can confirm that our procedure regarding Platinum Members staying with us was and is, that a proper upgrade and in-room VIP recognition will be offered whenever availability allows.

We are however unikely to offer Club Lounge access to any other guests than those staying in Club Rooms and Suites as the Club Lounge may otherwise be too crowded and the priviledge of using it become too eroded. We will review this as we become more aquainted with how things work out here - we are still only 4 weeks old!

We are instead looking at other ways of offering a decent recognition of guests with Platinum status - if you have any good ideas as to what you might appreciate - feel free to post the suggetions and I will take these into consideration.

All the best
Allan
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:07 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by aagerholm
Good morning,

I reviewed our Platinum procedures and the correspondence between my Front Office Manager and "Sphinx" yesterday.

The mail from my Front Office Manager to "Sphinx" was a bit ambiguously written and I understand why this led to a misunderstanding, but I can confirm that our procedure regarding Platinum Members staying with us was and is, that a proper upgrade and in-room VIP recognition will be offered whenever availability allows.

We are however unikely to offer Club Lounge access to any other guests than those staying in Club Rooms and Suites as the Club Lounge may otherwise be too crowded and the priviledge of using it become too eroded. We will review this as we become more aquainted with how things work out here - we are still only 4 weeks old!

We are instead looking at other ways of offering a decent recognition of guests with Platinum status - if you have any good ideas as to what you might appreciate - feel free to post the suggetions and I will take these into consideration.

All the best
Allan
Thanks for the update, aagerholm !! ^

It is nice to have you here and I would also like to take the opportunity to welcome you to our community.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for taking this up personally. It is great to have you on the forum. My talk with the front office regarding the platinum recognition to which I referred to in my post was actually through a verbal exchange at check-in. Can you also please clarify what is the in-room VIP recognition for Platinums that you had in mind (there was none in my case)? It would be good to have a firm idea on this for the benefit of future guests at your hotel, which is incidentally an excellent property with with pleasant and service oriented staff.

I am still at the hotel and would be happy to share my experiences so far on a number of issues regarding my stay. I actually offered to do so since last Saturday and was promised a response, but am still waiting...

Originally Posted by aagerholm
Good morning,

All the best
Allan
Old Dec 13, 2009, 1:28 am

Good morning "Sphinx",

We will vary the in-room recognition of Platinum guests, but are looking to offer perhaps chocolate, a drink, drinks vouchers to the bar or similar on arrival.

I am sorry if we have failed to get back to you to obtain feed-back. As you are probably aware - the house is very busy dealing with the COP15 - so I am not surprised if they have forgotten your kind offer.

I have a duty manager on at all times - so if you call 5556 right now - Gitte is on duty right now and will be pleased to receive your feed-back and share it with the rest of the team - or you can ask for me - I am in the hotel most of the time.

Regards
Allan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.