Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Vienna Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by uk1
......... thanks, and this was when?
end january 2008
Old Apr 16, 2008, 3:10 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by nicolas75
end january 2008
Thanks - yes, I had the same in December - hopefully some others might have stayed more recently and report back and what I think was a change from Jan/Feb. Are you a regular visitor? I get the impression they vary according to how well they know you?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by uk1
Are you a regular visitor? I get the impression they vary according to how well they know you?
Well, not really. I do not stay more than 3-4 times a year, for short week-ends stays.

But after the first time I stayed in this property, I have sent to the GM a letter to let him know how impressed I was by the quality/kindness of their service (I always do so when I am happy by the quality of the service. I think that it is rather easy to have a nice interior design, but much more difficult - and then much more valuable - to have excellent service).

I really like this hotel, not really for the design [the building is ugly, interior design is very classic not to say a little dated] but for the true feeling that people at IC Vienna are really happy to see you back.

I have to say that, after having stayed in numerous hotels around the world, this is really what I am looking for.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:09 am
uk1
Suspended

Well, not really. I do not stay more than 3-4 times a year, for short week-ends stays.

But after the first time I stayed in this property, I have sent to the GM a letter to let him know how impressed I was by the quality/kindness of their service (I always do so when I am happy by the quality of the service.
I have little doubt that they'd mark your card. Clearly an ideal customer.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Just a little update for you on the refurbishments at IC Vienna (as I just came back from this delightful place into "ordinary" life):

According to the - actually very - nice lady at the Club Reception work commences in July on (Club) floors 11 and 12. She told me with a doubtful face that she hopes it won't be too loud in the Club Lounge ....
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:44 am
uk1
Suspended

Excellent news - thanks for the update - there in a few weeks and club access has been confirmed ...............^
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
Excellent news - thanks for the update - there in a few weeks and club access has been confirmed ...............^
uk, do you mean complimentary club access? Which room type did you book?

P.S.: Although the food is delicious I had hoped they start refurbishments with knocking down the "self-service" style breakfast place downstairs I love the IC Vienna dearly but wish for a posh breakfast place .... or more restaurant choices.
At least they now start with Champagne Lunches every Sunday in the Salon "Vier Jahreszeiten"

Last edited by ClubICGirl; Apr 28, 2008 at 1:07 pm
Old Apr 28, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Hello

Will be there coming weekend. Thank you for the heads up concerning possible club access. Will try my luck at check in and will post the result.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
What's the Club like here by the way ?

Big or small ? Good brekkie ? Food in the day and evening too ?

Is it one of those ones that has a fridge full of beer and a nice TV area ? (Will be there with mates during the Euro08 football ! )

Any comments most appreciated, as ever !
Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
What's the Club like here by the way ?

Big or small ? Good brekkie ? Food in the day and evening too ?

Is it one of those ones that has a fridge full of beer and a nice TV area ? (Will be there with mates during the Euro08 football ! )

Any comments most appreciated, as ever !
The club is not that big (one "restaurant" room with something like 12 tables, one room with TV and books).
The service is very good and friendly (as it is in the whole hotel)
The atmosphere is cosy.

A very nice breakfast is served in the morning.
A good choice of Vienna Patisseries are served at tea time.
A light dinner with good products in also served in the evening.
A selection of beer and soft drinks is available all the day long.
Old May 4, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Originally Posted by aquaguy
Hello

Will be there coming weekend. Thank you for the heads up concerning possible club access. Will try my luck at check in and will post the result.

Cheers
aquaguy

Hello

Just wanted to update. While I got an upgrade to a two room club suite on the 11th floor, I did not get lounge access. The lady at the lounge informed me, that this could be added for 55€ a day. Since I had breakfast in my rate, I didn't bother about the lounge access.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old May 5, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
The club is not that big (one "restaurant" room with something like 12 tables, one room with TV and books).
The service is very good and friendly (as it is in the whole hotel)
The atmosphere is cosy.

A very nice breakfast is served in the morning.
A good choice of Vienna Patisseries are served at tea time.
A light dinner with good products in also served in the evening.
A selection of beer and soft drinks is available all the day long.
Thanks nicolas75, that's great. Just the info I was looking for.^
Old May 13, 2008, 11:29 am
uk1
Suspended

Beach Holiday @ Icvienna!

Well, I was just watching Vienna TV (ORF-W) as one does - and imagine my shock when I saw a beach and swimming pool where the skating rink was - just behind the IC. There was a sand sculpture area, and it looks like a bar and a disco.

So now we can take a beach holiday at IC Vienna!

If you want to see a rough Austro google transalate .......:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl.../277478/&tbb=1

....... and more details:

http://www.sandinthecity.at/start.html
Old May 13, 2008, 12:16 pm

Well then, uk1 - expect an instant surcharge for guaranteed beach view ....

But wasn't this "Sand in the City" thing already there last year or was it a different location?
I never stay there in summer, but remember magazines published endless reports about this "new and stylish hot spot".

Originally Posted by uk1
Well, I was just watching Vienna TV (ORF-W) as one does - and imagine my shock when I saw a beach and swimming pool where the skating rink was - just behind the IC. There was a sand sculpture area, and it looks like a bar and a disco.

So now we can take a beach holiday at IC Vienna!

If you want to see a rough Austro google transalate .......:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl.../277478/&tbb=1

....... and more details:

http://www.sandinthecity.at/start.html
Old May 13, 2008, 3:23 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
Well then, uk1 - expect an instant surcharge for guaranteed beach view ....

But wasn't this "Sand in the City" thing already there last year or was it a different location?
I never stay there in summer, but remember magazines published endless reports about this "new and stylish hot spot".

I think all the mini-suites are at the back - and so I'll get a great view in a few days!^

Last year my visits were before and later so I don't know whether it's annual although a google on images shows people enjoying themselves at what looks like this. They have 14 food stalls selling food and booze.

I must admit we are normally there during the Jazz festival and the Film Festival and I was going to miss the food stalls at Rathausplatz this year - but this looks like a good substitute, particularly as we will wonder just down in the lift and a few feet lurch.

The news item is now on the site with the wonderful Marcus if you are interested:

http://your.orf.at/bheute/player.php...ffset=00:15:04

I shall of course report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.