Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Vienna Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 6:36 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
IC Vienna - refurbishment

I bet you as soon as the refurbishment starts, thats exactly when this hotel will be offered on the next pointsbreaks(5000 points per night) run in June.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Is the Spa open now ?
The I-Spa by Algotherm , the same company that runs the spa at IC Paris, opened its doors on February 1st 2008
Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I was in Athens this week-end, but I did not see any room refurbishment
But I see the snow (the town totally paralysed, no metro, no planes).
So, 1 more night at IC Athens
The hotel has always a very good service (despite the location, which is to far from action ... even if there was no action at all this week-end!!!)
Did you ask the hotel staff if any floors had undergone renovation? I guess they are doing floor to floor refurbishment, only one floor at a time. Until they finish one floor, then they will start doing another floor.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Did you ask the hotel staff if any floors had undergone renovation? I guess they are doing floor to floor refurbishment, only one floor at a time. Until they finish one floor, then they will start doing another floor.
I HEARD the refurbishment, loud and clear from 0800 in January. I was on the fifth, so the sixth was gettingthe treatment.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I HEARD the refurbishment, loud and clear from 0800 in January. I was on the fifth, so the sixth was gettingthe treatment.
My club room suite was on the eight floor. That's why I did not see any refurbish room
Old Feb 23, 2008, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
My club room suite was on the eight floor. That's why I did not see any refurbish room
OOH-ERR

Management's apology for the horror of waking me at 0800 was elevation to a delightful terrace-suite, sharing the same Acropolis view as the club. I recovered from the trauma suffered surprisingly quickly ....
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:06 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Thanks for the update on the Spa .

I also had a Club room suite with an Acropolis view, the one which is located where the building makes an angle before the senior suites, including the Presidential suite. In January, there was some noise during the day, and I was told it would continue over the week-end. Fortunately, for some reason, there was no noise during the week-end. I did not complain
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Any update on renovations at IC Vienna? Have some floors already been renovated? They have quite strange room categories:

209 Euro Superior Room: Floor 1 to 6, 25 sqm
239 Euro Deluxe Room: Floor 7 to 9, 25 sqm
259 Euro King Deluxe Room: Floor 1 to 5, (no size)

So what's the difference between King Deluxe and the cheaper Deluxe room and between Deluxe and Superior room? Just the floor?

What are decent rooms to book non-(Royal) Ambassadors (got a party of 12) - is superior okay or are they "very bad in need fo renovation"?

What is the RA upgrade policy?

Thank you for your help,

regards,

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Mar 24, 2008 at 12:23 pm
Old Mar 25, 2008, 1:42 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador & Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
IC Vienna

I would also be interested to know whether there are any updates re the refurbishment works - I have a booking at this hotel for the end of May and I note that the rates have fallen by over 100 euros per night (deluxe room - best flexible incl breakfast) from the rate I was quoted. I have contacted the hotel requesting they review my rate and seeking clarification about the works. (I note one report that says the works will start post Euro 2008).
Thank you. MTM.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 5:19 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by melvin the mole
I would also be interested to know whether there are any updates re the refurbishment works - I have a booking at this hotel for the end of May and I note that the rates have fallen by over 100 euros per night (deluxe room - best flexible incl breakfast) from the rate I was quoted. I have contacted the hotel requesting they review my rate and seeking clarification about the works. (I note one report that says the works will start post Euro 2008).
Thank you. MTM.
The rate drop would seem to suggest either (a) the rooms are not yet renovated, and they feel the need to differentiate on price until this is resolved, (b) a large room block for a potential conference has been released and the increase in available rooms has been taken into account by yield management or (c) both ;-)

Hopefully you did not book an advance payment rate, and therefore can rebook if necessary at the lower rate.

Please let us know what your stay is like and what upgrade you got as a RA. I have not yet stayed at IC Vienna, and it might be time to change that - preferably after the refurb has been completed.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Any update on renovations at IC Vienna? Have some floors already been renovated? They have quite strange room categories:

209 Euro Superior Room: Floor 1 to 6, 25 sqm
239 Euro Deluxe Room: Floor 7 to 9, 25 sqm
259 Euro King Deluxe Room: Floor 1 to 5, (no size)

So what's the difference between King Deluxe and the cheaper Deluxe room and between Deluxe and Superior room? Just the floor?

What are decent rooms to book non-(Royal) Ambassadors (got a party of 12) - is superior okay or are they "very bad in need fo renovation"?

What is the RA upgrade policy?

Thank you for your help,

regards,
I was in a King Deluxe room 5th floor (which was a 1-level Ambassador upgrade from a superior category room) - it was a corner room, windows on two sides, which was slightly larger than a standard room - not much more to add than that (i.e. no sofa).

The hotels respond to e-mails quickly so just ask before you book!

Didn't think the hotel was that tired - and wouldn't worry about sending my parents here - the true test!
Old Mar 26, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador & Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
IC Vienna

I have received an email from the hotel confirming building works do not begin until July - i.e. after Euro 2008.

In relation to my booking - arranged via emailing the hotel - they kindly offered Mrs Mole and I a Junior Suite if I booked a Deluxe Room, which of course I did. ( They did offer me a Studio Suite if I booked the basic room ).

Access to the club lounge was not complimentary - the charge is 55 Euros per night. We have chosen not to avail ourselves of club lounge access as our rate includes breakfast and we will be out sightseeing etc.

Pre arrival contact with the hotel is excellent. Though Mrs M and I are staying at the hotel for 3 nights, the third night is a rewards night. For a nominal payment (to me) of 35 euros, we have been allowed to stay in the Junior Suite for the additional night. We are very pleased to have resolved this before arriving.^

In relation to the rate reduction I did not have an advance rate and the hotel have reduced my rate.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:33 am
uk1
Suspended

Any RA's been given complimentary lounge access recently - or has it completely gone?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
Any RA's been given complimentary lounge access recently - or has it completely gone?
Well, before my last stay, I sent an email to know if RA still have access to the club. The answer was: no.
But when check in, they gave me access without any additional fees.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 10:15 am
uk1
Suspended

Well, before my last stay, I sent an email to know if RA still have access to the club. The answer was: no.
But when check in, they gave me access without any additional fees.

......... thanks, and this was when?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.