Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Vienna Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:36 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
I'm still surprised about your feelings in relation to being a top level customer. I'm a SPG Gold and I certainly don't have any expectations about being granted lounge access when staying at a SPG property - I know to expect that I'll probably get a room that has a better view or is on a higher floor - beyond that is a bonus. For you as a Platinum SPG member, you can expect lounge access as it's in the T&C's of the program.

Given that anyone with US$150 spare can become an Ambassador, it can hardly be considered being a top level customer (I understand you were once a RA, but unfortunately the past is the past - and I'm sure I'll be an ex-RA come renewal time next year as well ). The T&C's are again clear about what to expect and Club access isn't part of the Ambassador program at any level.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 7:32 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
IC Vienna - no longer free club access to RAs

As I just returned from the IC Vienna I wanted to inform you that the hotel has changed its RA policy.
Therefore unfortunately free lounge access is no longer granted (even if upgraded to a Club room/ suite); although I received it as a courtesy gesture this (last) time.

So if you want to enjoy the club benefits in future you have to book at least a "Club IC Queen Bed".
Old Nov 19, 2007, 7:56 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
As I just returned from the IC Vienna I wanted to inform you that the hotel has changed its RA policy.
Therefore unfortunately free lounge access is no longer granted (even if upgraded to a Club room/ suite); although I received it as a courtesy gesture this (last) time.

So if you want to enjoy the club benefits in future you have to book at least a "Club IC Queen Bed".
Well, it was really nice while it lasted.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:21 am
uk1
Suspended

Typical. I'm there in a few days and was looking forward to it.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Turtle,

First off you must understand that I have been a very loyal PC member for many years, even a Royal Amb as I posted.

I was and still am astounded that AMB members cannot use the Lounge unless they pay some 50 or more Euros which is simply ridiculous. I find this totally unacceptable, do you not agree?
Just because you have been a loyal member for so many years does not grant you carte blanche to demand unpublished benefits, I doubt IC Vienna have any way of knowing how long you have been in the PC programme.

If you are such a loyal member of PC and frequent IC's (which I would assume you must have done to have been a Royal Ambassador) then I don't see why you are so surprised by the lounge policy. Most of the ICs I stay in will not upgrade you to a club room, it's not a benefit of the programme -I would be annoyed if I hadn't been given any upgrade (a published benefit), AFAIK, a one category upgrade is normal for AMB members. I can understand the argument that if you are upgraded to a higher category room that happens to be on the club floor but you are denied club access then it is not really an upgrade (because part of the upgrade is the club access), but in reality that doesn't always work, and I've had little success in the past accessing lounges if I haven't booked club access -with two notable exceptions:
1. Sydney -upgraded from normal room to Deluxe Harbour Club
2. London -upgraded from Deluxe room to One bed suite on Club floor with lounge access

It is just the luck of the drawer really.

You DO have a right to complain if you arrived after the published checkin time and your room wasn't ready -it the most annoying thing, short of moving you to another hotel, that a property can do.

In my view, unless you booked a club room and were denied club access, you don't really have a complaint to make. But that's my view, and I'm sure others will have different views.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Frankly, they should invite their top level customers to use the Lounges just as they should have their rooms ready by 2:30pm.
I don't understand this, frankly, you're not a 'top level customer' -anyone can buy Amb status.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by uk1
Typical. I'm there in a few days and was looking forward to it.
uk1, I am sure you'll get it anyway.
As you are also a regular simply check in at the Club Lounge and that's it for this (last ) time ....
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:27 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA

That are really bad news !!!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

I have booked a room in the IC Vienna, for a stay in January 2008, hoping getting the same upgrade with club access as I always had.
Following the thread on flyertalk, I sent a mail to the hotel. This is the answer I get:

De : +EMEA VIEHA Reservations [mailto:[email protected]]
Envoyé : mardi 20 novembre 2007 13:02
À : XXX
Objet : RE: This mail concerns my confirmation # XXX

Dear Mr. XXX,

thank you very much for your e-mail and your booking at InterContinental Wien.

It is correct that our promotional off benefit for Royal Ambassador's expired one month ago. A free access to our Club Lounge is unfortuantely not included anymore but bookable for a daily surcharge of EUR 55,- .

Of course you will still get a Room Upgrade and all the other benefits as usual.

Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

With kind regards,

Kathrin Innerberger
Reservations

I of course regret this position.
But considering the price of the basic room (EUR 129), location, and quality of service, even with an additional EUR 55, it seems quite competitive.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I have booked a room in the IC Vienna, for a stay in January 2008, hoping getting the same upgrade with club access as I always had.
Following the thread on flyertalk, I sent a mail to the hotel. This is the answer I get:

De : +EMEA VIEHA Reservations [mailto:[email protected]]
Envoyé : mardi 20 novembre 2007 13:02
À : XXX
Objet : RE: This mail concerns my confirmation # XXX

Dear Mr. XXX,

thank you very much for your e-mail and your booking at InterContinental Wien.

It is correct that our promotional off benefit for Royal Ambassador's expired one month ago. A free access to our Club Lounge is unfortuantely not included anymore but bookable for a daily surcharge of EUR 55,- .

Of course you will still get a Room Upgrade and all the other benefits as usual.

Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

With kind regards,

Kathrin Innerberger
Reservations

I of course regret this position.
But considering the price of the basic room (EUR 129), location, and quality of service, even with an additional EUR 55, it seems quite competitive.
The overall problem is that the IC Vienna has not enough Club rooms (growing demand, e.g. bulk reservations, meetings etc.), so one of their solutions is to expand Club features also to Standard rooms for a surcharge.
I just wonder how they will manage with just one (and not too spacious) lounge ....

Something to ease the pain: Ambassador offer for IC Vienna
Valid 1 Nov 07 - 31 Jan 08
A glass of Sekt in the Intermezzo Bar and complimentary buffet breakfast
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/...BLEN-_-ICAPHRO

Last edited by ClubICGirl; Nov 20, 2007 at 8:07 am
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:16 am

Programs: IC RA, LHW LC
I just wonder how they will manage with just one (and not too spacious) lounge ....
The IC VIE lounge was overcrowded when I was there during breakfast and happy hour time .. Same situation in Budapest also.

Oppositely, inn the IC PRG since the policy change the lounge is rather empty ^
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:10 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Czech28
The IC VIE lounge was overcrowded when I was there during breakfast and happy hour time
Under the current "rules" access to the lounge for breakfast allows access to the full breakfast in the restuarant as an alternative. This is in my view better than the lounge.

uk1, I am sure you'll get it anyway.
As you are also a regular simply check in at the Club Lounge and that's it for this (last ) time ....
.... thanks. Yes - sorted - and fine for the next visit.

Evidently the lounge is being renovated next year - I don't know whether this means "enlarged" but when I find out I'll post!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:50 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Czech28
The IC VIE lounge was overcrowded when I was there during breakfast and happy hour time .. Same situation in Budapest also.

Oppositely, inn the IC PRG since the policy change the lounge is rather empty ^
As the IC Budapest also the new restriction ?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: IC RA, LHW LC
Originally Posted by szg
As the IC Budapest also the new restriction ?
I meant that the lounge in the IC BUD was overcrowded when I was there -
there was multiple staff but they did not manage to clean the tables fast enough, there was not a single table free for breakfast etc.

Not sure how is the current RA policy of the BUD property for RAs as i had
booked the pres. suite there and access was included in the rate anyway.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:08 pm

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
check out this morning from IC Wien as an Amb.
On the first day the room was not ready, 40' waiting.
Upgrade to a deluxe corner room on the second floor (booked standard with 2-4-1) with fruit and water, manager letter. I was given also free buffet breakfast for the entire stay and voucher for sparkling wine from the bar.

Good room, quite big, very good breakfast!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.