Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Rome De La Villa - Master Thread [merged] - no longer a IC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by jlcchien
so the feedback I got so far is the usual upgrade for RA at this hotel is a upgrade to executive room with balcony or Jr Suite when booking the cheapest room. How about for ambassador when booking the cheapest room what kind of upgrade have other people been getting?
My experience varies greatly -they don't seem to have a fixed policy, it is more of an 'organic' upgrade policy!! In other words, depending on the occupancy at the hotel, you may get an executive room with terrace/balcony or a junior suite. The hotel has charm, and is looking old, but it still is comfortable and feels like a luxury hotel. The restuarant is fantastic and breakfast outside in the terrace is always welcome!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by spurg
yes, there is a patio/bar area on the 6th floor overlooking the city.
Thanks for confirming. Looking at the tour guide I'm reading, it looks like there are a number of nice views of Rome around the vicinity of the hotel so I wouldn't be too upset should I get a courtyard facing room.
Old May 29, 2008, 4:38 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Has anyone used a bogo cert on a rate on IC.om that includes other items such as the Inside Culture2 rate?

It says it requires payment at the time of booking so I'm not sure how a BOGO cert would work.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2008, 11:22 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Has anyone used a bogo cert on a rate on IC.om that includes other items such as the Inside Culture2 rate?

It says it requires payment at the time of booking so I'm not sure how a BOGO cert would work.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821246 for BOGO and "Insider Packeges"

Seems to be a hit and miss: London accepted according to AMDB7. Berchtesgaden and some Saudi Arabian ICs declined my query.

Maybe drop IC Rome an email....
Old May 30, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Hi - thank you for the reference to the thead. I didn't find it when I searched.

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821246 for BOGO and "Insider Packeges"

Seems to be a hit and miss: London accepted according to AMDB7. Berchtesgaden and some Saudi Arabian ICs declined my query.

Maybe drop IC Rome an email....
Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Luxury in Rome is rather this view and the ability to have breakfast on a lovely terrasse rather than having additional square meters but no view.
If you can afford it. They told me that for 23 Euros ($35ish) I would only get 1/3 of the breakfast buffet, including breads and juices but not even fruit! It would take 33 Euros ($50ish) for the full breakfast, even if I only wanted fruit but not hot items!!! (At Holiday Inn Naples, 10 Euros got me all the breakfast, including fruit, except it excluded the "hot American" dishes -- scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.)

Or does RA get you the breakfast free?
Old Jun 1, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you can afford it. They told me that for 23 Euros ($35ish) I would only get 1/3 of the breakfast buffet, including breads and juices but not even fruit! It would take 33 Euros ($50ish) for the full breakfast, even if I only wanted fruit but not hot items!!! (At Holiday Inn Naples, 10 Euros got me all the breakfast, including fruit, except it excluded the "hot American" dishes -- scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.)

Or does RA get you the breakfast free?
No free breakfast for RA.
33 Euro is a quite average price for breakfast at western European 5 star hotels.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:00 pm
mti

Just thought I'd let people know that Rome does upgrade to the Penthouse Suite!
I've booked one level below, and the upgrade is confirmed in my reservation status online - another wonderful stay at Rome I'm hoping. The staff here truly are the best of any hotel I've stayed in.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
OK I guess I will get some type of upgrade so i have booked this Hotel for two nights later this month. Thanks to the posters.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 2:39 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Room type help

Hello, I'm looking way way ahead of time but I know my plans are set for trip in May 09. Doing 2 nights, Sat & Sun and trying to decide which type to book. Will still be RA at time and will be using BOGO (though won't let hotel know until checkin of course). What would most of you do here:

1) Classic Double 285 € - Cheapest room
2) Deluxe Double 308 €
3) Executive Room w/balcony 342 €
4) Executive Room w/view of Rome 364 €

I wouldn't want to go higher than that really. As RA, it seems that if I were to book (1) then I'd probably get (3)? Doesn't seem like there is any point to book (2) then. And (4)...does that actually mean just a view and not a balcony? If that's the case I'd probably prefer (3) to (4) as we've been to Rome before a few times. Finally, what might I reasonabl be expecting to get if I were to book (3).

Thanks for the advance help guys!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by EdV
Hello, I'm looking way way ahead of time but I know my plans are set for trip in May 09. Doing 2 nights, Sat & Sun and trying to decide which type to book. Will still be RA at time and will be using BOGO (though won't let hotel know until checkin of course). What would most of you do here:

1) Classic Double 285 € - Cheapest room
2) Deluxe Double 308 €
3) Executive Room w/balcony 342 €
4) Executive Room w/view of Rome 364 €

I wouldn't want to go higher than that really. As RA, it seems that if I were to book (1) then I'd probably get (3)? Doesn't seem like there is any point to book (2) then. And (4)...does that actually mean just a view and not a balcony? If that's the case I'd probably prefer (3) to (4) as we've been to Rome before a few times. Finally, what might I reasonabl be expecting to get if I were to book (3).

Thanks for the advance help guys!
as stated earlier this property doesn'y seem to have a fixed policy - try emailing closer to date or ask for a "favour" when you check in - the latter gave me a nice upgrade
Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:18 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by bello
as stated earlier this property doesn'y seem to have a fixed policy - try emailing closer to date or ask for a "favour" when you check in - the latter gave me a nice upgrade
Okay, so you're going with the thought here that I should just book the cheapest room as others have suggested and go from there? I usually email a hotel ahead of time anyhow to confirm RA "stuff".
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EdV
Okay, so you're going with the thought here that I should just book the cheapest room as others have suggested and go from there? I usually email a hotel ahead of time anyhow to confirm RA "stuff".
Are you planning to eat (33 Euro breakfast or otherwise) at the hotel restaurant? Someone else can confirm this, but my understanding is the hotel touts the restaurant as having the best views. If that's true, and you'll be spending time in the restaurant (and otherwise mostly outside your room), then it would seem an awful lot to pay extra for a balcony hoping for a view upgrade, even with Euro having dropped to 1.41 or such. The saving on the cheapest room versus the balcone room will fund several meals in that restaurant, no?
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by EdV
yes
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are you planning to eat (33 Euro breakfast or otherwise) at the hotel restaurant? Someone else can confirm this, but my understanding is the hotel touts the restaurant as having the best views. If that's true, and you'll be spending time in the restaurant (and otherwise mostly outside your room), then it would seem an awful lot to pay extra for a balcony hoping for a view upgrade, even with Euro having dropped to 1.41 or such. The saving on the cheapest room versus the balcone room will fund several meals in that restaurant, no?
I only ate in courtyard cafe-also had drinks in "i due murano" (check out the two murano chandeliers) bar- a must

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.