Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Not sure if it is relevant, but I just booked a room for $105/night (advanced purchase rate) for the July 4th weekend. I was a bit surprised its this cheap since its a "blackout date" for the travelzoo special. ^
Old Jun 28, 2009, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cheap rates = ^

everything included package = deceptive >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
doesnt include service charges, alcohol menu is extremely limited, and spa menu is fairly limited. also, rates are from $125/nt. so youre paying $370 for 1 person, or $433pp for 2 people. dinner prices top out at $26 for an entree. spa prices top out at $155 for 80 minutes.
those dinner/spa prices = cheap

anyone know anything about the villas?
Old Jun 28, 2009, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by wonderbret
I was a bit surprised its this cheap since its a "blackout date" for the travelzoo special. ^

Don't worry about packing a light jacket; it’s cheap because it’s hot as hell here right now!
Old Jun 28, 2009, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

doesnt get cold at night?
Old Jun 28, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
doesnt get cold at night?
Only if you consider mid 90s (F) cold. PHX is a big enough concrete jungle that the standard desert chill doesn't really apply.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:40 am

How are the Montelucia Signature rooms at this property? We are thinking of getting a two queen beds one for the three of us - two adults and a young son.

Will we be randomly assigned to one of the three villages? Does anyone know which one specifically? Does Camelback Mountain View mean Kasbah village or Bocce village? Very confusing naming scheme.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
How are the Montelucia Signature rooms at this property? We are thinking of getting a two queen beds one for the three of us - two adults and a young son.

Will we be randomly assigned to one of the three villages? Does anyone know which one specifically? Does Camelback Mountain View mean Kasbah village or Bocce village? Very confusing naming scheme.
The Montelucia Signature rooms are the base rooms at this property. Basically they will put you into whatever the lowest room that is available that night, probably Bocce Garden. That said, it is not a bad room from what I have seen through open doors (although I admit I've never stayed in one). I think they are 400 Sq Ft.

Camelback Mountain View can basically be in ANY of the sections of the hotel. These rooms just look towards Camelback Mtn. Most of the Bocce Garden rooms are Camelback view, so are a handful of the Oasis/Fountain/Kasbah rooms.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
The Montelucia Signature rooms are the base rooms at this property. Basically they will put you into whatever the lowest room that is available that night, probably Bocce Garden. That said, it is not a bad room from what I have seen through open doors (although I admit I've never stayed in one). I think they are 400 Sq Ft.

Camelback Mountain View can basically be in ANY of the sections of the hotel. These rooms just look towards Camelback Mtn. Most of the Bocce Garden rooms are Camelback view, so are a handful of the Oasis/Fountain/Kasbah rooms.
Thanks for the reply. The description I see for Montelucia Signature Rooms on Expedia says they are 504 sq. ft. So I guess that rules out the 400 sq. ft rooms in Bocce Village - or at least so I hope.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 4:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. The description I see for Montelucia Signature Rooms on Expedia says they are 504 sq. ft. So I guess that rules out the 400 sq. ft rooms in Bocce Village - or at least so I hope.
Dont book through Expedia, book with travelzoo. They are offering a special 95 dollar rate which includes a free upgrade to a oasis room or kasbah room. Which those sections are better than the garden rooms. I would pick the oasis section. Also you get a 25 dollar credit which would pay for the daily resort fee.

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/resorts-spas/619007
Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
Dont book through Expedia, book with travelzoo. They are offering a special 95 dollar rate which includes a free upgrade to a oasis room or kasbah room. Which those sections are better than the garden rooms. I would pick the oasis section. Also you get a 25 dollar credit which would pay for the daily resort fee.

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/resorts-spas/619007
Thanks for the tip. I saw threads about that when I searched. The only reason I am not doing that is b/c I can get the Montelucia signature room for about $50/night incl. resort fee through the latest Expedia $200 off Air + IHG Hotel package deal. After removing the air tickets from SFO to PHX, it works out to about $50/night.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:46 pm

wow that is a good deal. where is the link to that deal? How much was the airfare or total cost of trip?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:04 pm

I stand corrected. I thought the Signature rooms were the lowest category rooms, but it turns out that they aren't, rather they are just a random term for the lowest category room that is 504 Sq Ft. The Bocce Village rooms are the lowest category (and 400 Sq Ft). Here is a list of the rooms/prices for this upcoming Friday night:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Flexible Rate
$160.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED BOCCE GARDEN VILLAGE
$180.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED KASBAH VILLAGE POOLSIDE
$180.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED CAMELBACK MOUNTAIN VIEW
$180.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 2 QUEEN BEDS CAMELBACK MOUNTAIN VIEW
$180.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate MONTELUCIA SIGNATURE ROOM
$200.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED OASIS VILLAGE
$200.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 2 QUEEN BEDS OASIS VILLAGE
$260.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 BEDROOM SUITE KASBAH VILLAGE POOLSIDE
$260.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 BEDROOM SUITE CAMELBACK MOUNTAIN VIEW
$260.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate MONTELUCIA SIGNATURE SUITE
$280.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 BEDROOM CORNER SUITE OASIS VILLAGE

If you have a choice between an actual view room (Camelback View or Kasbah Poolside), then definitely choose that over the Montelucia Signature room. If you choose the Signature Room, they will just stuff you in any old room that is available, possibly looking into a wall or with a bad view or something.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
wow that is a good deal. where is the link to that deal? How much was the airfare or total cost of trip?
See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...others-11.html

I think it starts on page 9. BTW, Expedia sells the air tickets at cost, so find the cheapest days using ITA.

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I stand corrected. I thought the Signature rooms were the lowest category rooms, but it turns out that they aren't, rather they are just a random term for the lowest category room that is 504 Sq Ft. The Bocce Village rooms are the lowest category (and 400 Sq Ft). Here is a list of the rooms/prices for this upcoming Friday night:
Best Flexible Rate
$160.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED BOCCE GARDEN VILLAGE
$180.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED KASBAH VILLAGE POOLSIDE
$180.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED CAMELBACK MOUNTAIN VIEW
$180.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 2 QUEEN BEDS CAMELBACK MOUNTAIN VIEW
$180.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate MONTELUCIA SIGNATURE ROOM
$200.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED OASIS VILLAGE
$200.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 2 QUEEN BEDS OASIS VILLAGE
$260.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 BEDROOM SUITE KASBAH VILLAGE POOLSIDE
$260.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 BEDROOM SUITE CAMELBACK MOUNTAIN VIEW
$260.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate MONTELUCIA SIGNATURE SUITE
$280.00 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 BEDROOM CORNER SUITE OASIS VILLAGE

If you have a choice between an actual view room (Camelback View or Kasbah Poolside), then definitely choose that over the Montelucia Signature room. If you choose the Signature Room, they will just stuff you in any old room that is available, possibly looking into a wall or with a bad view or something.
I can get a Camelback View but it has 1 king bed. Unfortunately, Expedia is not offering me a 2 queen bed Camelback/Oasis Village room which is the only reason I picked the Montelucia signature room. Given that we are 3 people, two queen beds makes sense.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 4:27 pm

Thanks for the tip. I saw threads about that when I searched. The only reason I am not doing that is b/c I can get the Montelucia signature room for about $50/night incl. resort fee through the latest Expedia $200 off Air + IHG Hotel package deal. After removing the air tickets from SFO to PHX, it works out to about $50/night.

when you book through expedia with this deal, do you have to pay the 24 dollar resort fee?

If you do have to pay the resort fee, then you are saying that your room is averaging about 25 dollars a night and then you will pay the resort fee at checkin?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 4:38 pm

also are you able to book this flight and hotel deal, but never take the flight or does it cancel out the remaining part of the trip? I have a bunch of delta flight credits that I could use for my "real" flight and with this deal, the hotel prices out cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.