Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by qdmd
Are taxi easy to find in Vaitape?

My travel plan upon landing at BOB is to take the free airline shuttle to Vaitape port, then grab taxi to Le Moana for $15-$20. However, I just got email from the IC Le Moana stating I MUST take their 'MANDATORY' airport transfer for only $125 each way for two!!! Anyone have suggestion on what I should do?
Just back from Le Moana 2 weeks ago, did the free shuttle to Viatape and then taxi to the hotel, there are numerous taxi's available. Not sure why you are being told this, but I can't see how they can force it on you.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:37 am

So what is the ultimate consensus on upgrades from beach bungalow to OWB when staying on points as Platinum and/or Ambassador? Are upgrades complimentary here for Ambassador or do they still require an upgrade fee, if available? I know the upgrades are excluded in the terms, but I haven't seen any recent data points on automatic upgrades for Ambassadors.

Last edited by bmrisko; Oct 21, 2014 at 8:48 am
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:46 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bmrisko
So what is the ultimate consensus on upgrades from beach bungalow to OWB when staying on points as Platinum and/or Ambassador? Are upgrades complimentary here for Ambassador or do they still require an upgrade fee, if available? I know the upgrades are excluded in the terms, but I haven't seen any recent data points on automatic upgrades for Ambassadors.
I would be very interested in the answer as well
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by kpc
I would be very interested in the answer as well
Ditto me as well. I'm staying next summer for 2 nights.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
I don't think their is a real good answer to this question. Probably good a good chance if their is availability. Right now, as a RA, I am nervous about UG coming up during second half of November. I was worried enough to the extent that I changed my 7 night award stay to 3 fully paid OWB and 4 Award nights... and this will be my 5th time there in 6 years.. they know me and I have had the UG in prior years, but I am still sweating it as there are availability problems which I see when running some test reservations on the IHG site... My guess is that you won't be able to really know until you get there... and that's the way it has been for me in the past... although I got the UG every year... but again 3 of those years was a RA...
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:50 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Is it just me, but I'm seeing no flight availability from Ppt to Bob for any dates on the Air Tahiti website. Website glitch?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzman
I don't think their is a real good answer to this question. Probably good a good chance if their is availability. Right now, as a RA, I am nervous about UG coming up during second half of November. I was worried enough to the extent that I changed my 7 night award stay to 3 fully paid OWB and 4 Award nights... and this will be my 5th time there in 6 years.. they know me and I have had the UG in prior years, but I am still sweating it as there are availability problems which I see when running some test reservations on the IHG site... My guess is that you won't be able to really know until you get there... and that's the way it has been for me in the past... although I got the UG every year... but again 3 of those years was a RA...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll probably spring for Ambassador and hope for the best...

Last edited by bmrisko; Nov 4, 2014 at 8:03 am
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:45 am

Has anyone else noticed that 2015 availability at this property absolutely disappeared? I was able to book a couple nights for late 2015 a few weeks ago and pretty much all of 2015 was open, but I went on the website to book a few more nights and nothing was available Jan 2015 onward. Is this a glitch or has the property decided to only release nights 1-2 months in advance?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:57 pm

I have 4 weekend certificates booked for Le Moana next August. If I upgrade to Ambassador will they upgrade me to an OWB? It seems there is mixed messages on this thread whether you can get an OWB upgrade after using points to book a standard room.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Has anyone else noticed that 2015 availability at this property absolutely disappeared? I was able to book a couple nights for late 2015 a few weeks ago and pretty much all of 2015 was open, but I went on the website to book a few more nights and nothing was available Jan 2015 onward. Is this a glitch or has the property decided to only release nights 1-2 months in advance?
Maybe due to the expected glut following the Into the Nothing (nights) promo
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ajohnson121
I have 4 weekend certificates booked for Le Moana next August. If I upgrade to Ambassador will they upgrade me to an OWB? It seems there is mixed messages on this thread whether you can get an OWB upgrade after using points to book a standard room.
August is peak season so I guessing much less availability. I didn't want to chance it so I just pay $120 nitely to secure an OWB.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:05 pm

That might have been a glitch...just checked and there is availability for literally every single day of 2015. The Thalasso, on the other hand, has nothing..2 days in Jan and that's it.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by sunshine213
That might have been a glitch...just checked and there is availability for literally every single day of 2015. The Thalasso, on the other hand, has nothing..2 days in Jan and that's it.
Back to showing zero 2015 availability for me after mid-January. It seems to be a glitch that comes and goes throughout the day.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Kitchen renovations Jan-Mar 2015, FYI

For those traveling over January through March, I noticed this posted on their site today:

http://tahiti.intercontinental.com/p...ons2015-en.pdf
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
We are planning a trip in May. Our flight from PPT is at 10:50pm. There is a 3:30pm and 6:30pm flight. Is it better to "kill time" at the hotel or in PPT? Do you know if they have a changing/shower room to use after checkout?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.