Hotel Indigo in San Diego Gaslamp

Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, BA Gold
I stayed in September with my girlfriend and I'm a platinum member. I booked a cheap room for one night and redeemed points for 2 others. On checking in they upgraded me to the best suite in the hotel. Top floor with a cracking view of the ball park from the bedroom window. When I explained that I had a 2nd points booking they said i could stay in the suite for the entire stay.

I also recommend the broken yoke for breakfast. Ask for directions at the desk as they give you a discount voucher.

I paid full price for the parking, but there are plenty of open parking areas within a block or two of the hotel.

I would definately stay in this hotel again if I was in SD.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Can see this hotel available for $99 on Hotwire and I am tempted to try it. Got great reviews on Tripadvisor, currently rated #5 in all of San Diego by travelers...
Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:08 pm

Room 916 is my favorite room. Has the balcony and its connected to the bar.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Does anyone have any recent experience of staying at this property on a reward night? Do they typically update Plat elites still? Am looking at booking 6/7 nights in November time, but can't find an email address to ask them their policy.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
YES

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Does anyone have any recent experience of staying at this property on a reward night? Do they typically update Plat elites still? Am looking at booking 6/7 nights in November time, but can't find an email address to ask them their policy.
I stayed on a free night in March and as a Plat was upgraded to a suite
also received the cheese and fruit. This is a terrific hotel. Only drawback is the lack of free parking. Best room coffee I have ever had.^
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The distributor had messed up and there was no in-room coffee when I stayed there a year or so ago; however, they had free coffee set up in the lobby.

The manager was an absolutely terrific Scottish fellow (who apologized that I couldn't be upgraded at check in, but changed my room the next day), and my meal at the restaurant was nice. The front desk staff suffered a bit from overdosing on the property's hip/kewl 'tude though I'm afraid.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by sanFF
also received the cheese and fruit. This is a terrific hotel. Only drawback is the lack of free parking. Best room coffee I have ever had.^
Good to hear.

I have 4 rooms booked for 3 nights in October... never stayed at an Indigo branded hotel, so looking forward to it.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
We're here tonight for one night (paid). I'm platinum. Booked a King and ended up with Parlor Suite King as upgrade. We're in 1116 which has the Petco Park view and loads of room.

Very nice facility and friendly and helpful staff. Our welcome gift was a bottle of (non Fuji) water and some jelly beans. Wouldn't hesitate to return.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:41 am

Just booked this for the first weekend of November, to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.

This will be our first Indigo experience. Looking very forward to it!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
We're now booked in on points for 7 nights in early November.

No sign of an upgrade yet on the mobile site, however there seems to be plenty of higher category rooms available for the length of our stay, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

:-:
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:18 pm

Checked in this morning, got "upgraded" to a room with a view... nothing particularly special, but nothing bad either. Room is comfortable and I like the decor.

Staff downstairs was very friendly. So far, liking the hotel, and it has a great location.

Parking is $35/night! crazy. But I know in SD, in the Gas Lamp area, thats the price, so I cant complain too much.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by sanFF
I stayed there in March as well on a free night award. Got a room at the end of the corridor, but definitely not a suite. And no welcome gift either. At least the windows open up to allow in fresh air. I hate hotels that don't, especially ones that have been around a while.

This hotel is not in an ideal location IMO, unless you're going to PETCO Park. Otherwise, it's a good walk to just about anywhere. And the neighborhood is not that well gentryfied yet. So there's some questionable "neighbors" walking around, particularly at night when it's more dead outside.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
I stayed there in March as well on a free night award. Got a room at the end of the corridor, but definitely not a suite. And no welcome gift either. At least the windows open up to allow in fresh air. I hate hotels that don't, especially ones that have been around a while.

This hotel is not in an ideal location IMO, unless you're going to PETCO Park. Otherwise, it's a good walk to just about anywhere. And the neighborhood is not that well gentryfied yet. So there's some questionable "neighbors" walking around, particularly at night when it's more dead outside.
Really? I felt totally different I think its a great location, nearby to everything, including Petco Park, the convention center, and GasLamp district. I also didnt have any concerns walking around at night last night.

Its too far from places like Little Italy, but at least the $35 parking charge covers unlimited in and out.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by rajuabju
Really? I felt totally different I think its a great location, nearby to everything, including Petco Park, the convention center, and GasLamp district. I also didnt have any concerns walking around at night last night.

Its too far from places like Little Italy, but at least the $35 parking charge covers unlimited in and out.
The Marriott, Omni, and Hilton hotels are mcuh more conveniently located to those locations, except for Petco Park. In fact, I even think the HI at the Embarcadero is in a better location with an incredible view (albeit an older hotel).
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:53 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp

We had an excellent five night stay here last week.

We had booked an advance purchase ("Indigo Saver") rate of $200 per night plus taxes. Not exactly a bargain, but $50 less than either of the nearby Hilton properties were asking for our dates at the time we booked.

The front desk staff were welcoming and professional. PC status (Platinum) was acknowledged -- and an apology offered for the fact that no suite upgrade was possible for the first night. However, one could be arranged for the rest of our stay if we were prepared to move rooms the following day. We readily agreed and spent the first night in a pleasant 10th floor room with a good view over the ballpark and the remaining nights in a 9th floor suite with a large terrace, again overlooking the ballpark.

Both our rooms were near the rooftop bar -- the first room was above it, the second adjacent (with our terrace adjoining the bar terrace). We were perfectly happy with this, but anyone planning an early night on a Friday or Saturday, when the bar stays open and plays music until 01:00, should probably ask for a room further away from the bar.

The rooms and furniture were still in pretty good shape. Housekeeping was generally good. Front desk staff greeted us every day and asked how we were enjoying our room. Extra coffee pods were given on request (for some reason housekeeping only leaves one of each type). There was no fruit or other "welcome" amenity.

Other reports have expressed differing opinions about the location. We found it ideal: only a few minutes' walk from the convention center and numerous restaurants, but not slap bang in the middle of the drunken party scene.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.