Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
I had already tried a dummy reservation for dates at Le Grand Paris, where I already have a Parisian Promotion rate of €380 (Opera House view). Nothing great then.

Using the revised link, I can now find an Executive Room for €210.

Now I have to work out whether breakfasts, restaurant credit, points and view are worth €170. Decisions, decisions.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I would also like the name/location of an employee to use for the voucher. Seems that I can get an excellent rate at the IC Warsaw for the dates I want with this discount, but don't want to book until I am sure of this.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
just PM Wonderbret and I guess he will be so kind, to give you the needed information.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 5:36 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
FrugalTravelGuy keeps the info on his website.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:57 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
is this worth it compared to other deals?

Hi again

I'm getting thoroughly confused with all the options at the moment!

I am planning to book a 2 night weekend stay in April at the IC Sydney.

If I use the friends and family it is $199 without breakfast and may not be able to use my free weekend night certificate

I can get a corp rate which would be $265 including breakfast but could prob use certificate - thats assuming it arrives in next 3 weeks...

then throw in the business plus offer which looks great as i hear the club at this hotel is fantastic. plus it includes full breakfast etc. couldnt get it online so i rang the hotel and they offered it but at $310, and i can't use the free weekend night certificate. the club would be lovely but i dont know that i can justify paying the extra and not getting the free night for it

the other time that i might use the weekend certificate is an upcomibng stay at IC singapore, which i already booked at the great asia sale rate - doesnt include breakfast but i'm assuming i can use the free night there - does anyone know?

any thoughts or recs appreciated!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 3:01 pm

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
Originally Posted by morepointsplease
Hi again

I am planning to book a 2 night weekend stay in April at the IC Sydney.

then throw in the business plus offer which looks great as i hear the club at this hotel is fantastic. plus it includes full breakfast etc. couldnt get it online so i rang the hotel and they offered it but at $310, and i can't use the free weekend night certificate. the club would be lovely but i dont know that i can justify paying the extra and not getting the free night for it
Going through some similar 'problems' too.

I found decent availability throughout (more near the end though). Not sure when you are staying. Alas, that $310 rate is better than I am finding (around $425, for a Fri-Tue stay.

Where does it say that you can't use the BOGO with the BP rate?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by HCruiseMike
This was set up as a benefit to employees.
Not for general announcement,and especially for everyone all of a sudden to have a friend at the Crowne in Chandler AZ.
I know of 12 properties on the east coast that do call other IHG hotels to confirm employment of both recipients of employee rates and sponsors of F & F.
There have been people denied at check in based on information received from home hotels.
Does anyone have this experience for West Coast hotels? Specifically looking at a one night stay in California.... Should I worry about not being able to check-in? Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Personally I wouldn't use the information that was posted earlier on this thread.

I emailed my contact at IHG and asked if I could use that person as my F&F referee and got a positive response.

Some of these rates are great but not getting a stay credit, about 10K points per stay, and 12% cashback negates most of the savings that one would get.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Let's be clear - you are 100% OK to use the Friends & Family link that was released through the Ambassador Private Community (PM me for the link). These rates are non-refundable.

This is a different link (and different prices, some higher and some lower) than the other IC F&F link (which has been around for ever) which offers fully refundable rates but does seem to be more closely controlled by ICG.

My understanding is that IC wants the first link, the non-refundable one, to quietly leak out into the world to drive some business without publicly slashing rates.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Personally I wouldn't use the information that was posted earlier on this thread.

I emailed my contact at IHG and asked if I could use that person as my F&F referee and got a positive response.

Some of these rates are great but not getting a stay credit, about 10K points per stay, and 12% cashback negates most of the savings that one would get.
I'm new to the IC chain.. can you share how to get the 10K points per stay and the 12% cashback? Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 4:48 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
I´ve ckecked with Ambassador service, if RA-benefits apply for stays on this rate.

Clear answer:
All RA (or A) benefits are offered, unless UPGRADES and BOGOs

At least they let us have the booze
Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:15 am

Please explain what you mean "unless UPGRADES & BOGOF"..........are you saying that upgrades and 2 for 1 weekend certificates aren't accepted with this rate?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by pjack
Please explain what you mean "unless UPGRADES & BOGOF"..........are you saying that upgrades and 2 for 1 weekend certificates aren't accepted with this rate?
guessing he meant to write "less upgrades and BOGOs"
Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by pjack
Yes, I´ve been told and confirmed via email, that BOGOs are NOT accepted using this rate and there´s no guaranteed upgrade.
So it seems to depend on the goodwill of the hotel.

Here´s the extract of the mail:
We would like to advise you that you will enjoy your Royal Ambassador benefits when reservation is booked under Friends and Family Rate except for the room upgrade and usage of Weekend Night Certificate
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:33 am

This rate, restrictions, etc is impossible to figure out! I just called Reservations (1 800 424 6835) in Salt Lake and they told me that the BOGO certificate is good with any paying rate including the Friends & relative rate. Of course I don't have this in writing but going to try to get them to send me an e mail stating such. Without something in writing, the decison appears to be with each hotel....worse than that, it appears it might be up to the person registering you in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.