Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
Have any PC platinums stayed here on award nights? If so, did the property offer any benefits?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 1:57 pm

Crown Plaza Amsterdam City Centre

Looking at booking a rewards night at this hotel for me and a friend

Does anyone know what the superior twin bedded rooms are like?

Dont want to book somewhere that the beds are close together,like a lot of places,Also if say someone wanted to come back at night and kip on floor would there be enough room lol ( i know its not allowed) any info would be great,or evn better photos of rooms
Old Feb 9, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: PCRA, BAEC Silver
tripadvisor it.!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I just checked in and NO CLUB ACCESS!
No Club access sucks I had no idea, or i would not have booked here. Its so stupid of this program, I do have Platinum with SPG and wish i had booked there.
We do get 50% off New Dorrius breakfast, and free internet.
Hotel is nice i do have a nice room upgrade but this is the last CP i stay at.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by why fly
No Club access sucks I had no idea, or i would not have booked here. Its so stupid of this program, I do have Platinum with SPG and wish i had booked there.
The fact that CP Amsterdam does not give anymore club access to Platinums is of course a bad point (largely discussed here).

Moving to SPG would not have changed that much:
- Pulitzer is not cheap, rooms can be small and has no club lounge (but free breakfast for executive room)
- Sheraton has a lounge but is located at airport. Not the most convenient place.

Have you tried the new Crowne Plaza Amsterdam-South ?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Can anyone confirm this is now the standard treatment for Plats (an earlier post suggested 20% off internet and free breakfast)?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:25 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I rate this property as satisfactory overall its an acceptable standard.
Can't disagree with your lack of satisfaction.
At the end of the day it is an individual property decision.
The Priority Club program fails to enforce consistent member benefits to one standard globally.It is a terrible business mistake breakfast aside.

I consider my PC Platinum status as the least valuable of any global program I participate in other than to earn points.It's why from every observation I find top tier member satisfaction much higher elsewhere other than Priority Club.

IMO PC Platinum has always had good point earning opportunities and below average on property recognition. However I overlook it all as I am a big fan of InterContinental Hotels and a member of the Ambassador program which is very good if not exceptional sometimes

At the end of day redemption opportunities can be so good value wise in Priority Club I just purchase my breakfast if and only if I like the property well enough to forgive the benefit.Something that I do receive more typically from my other programs.

There is a new Doubletree opening in Amsterdam which will offer free breakfast to its frequent mid and top tier elite guests and a new Hyatt Andaz that will be offering free breakfast to its top tier guests.
I am very excited about these new brands and the service and quality standards that they are likely to bring to Amsterdam in central tourist/business locations.
It is interesting to note
Amsterdam hotel business fell overall this year.

Hotels are going to have to work with less and deliver more in the New Year IMHO..... in able to be able to hold onto market share/their customers!
BTW the Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel had a fantastic breakfast just steps from the Crowne Plaza.Well worth their steep price if you are driven by high quality.........The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam breakfast was satisfactory too but not special.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:27 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-gb; HTC Wildfire 2.24.161.2 Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by davidw70
Can anyone confirm this is now the standard treatment for Plats (an earlier post suggested 20% off internet and free breakfast)?
I got one free breakfast voucher on a 2 night stay 12 months ago, but only a 50% off voucher last month (this was a reward stay though)
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Stayed here last year on an award stay. Very frustrating how to treat PC Plats! I am looking forward to staying in the new DoubleTree as Gold next year!!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:26 pm

I stayed here is a Platinum on a European Prepaid Rate (the stay 3 get 35% or about 100 euros a night) for three nights last week. I had booked a standard room without breakfast and was upgraded to an executive room including free internet and free breakfast in the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised by this given the recent posts in this thread. The benefits I received were all detailed in a welcome letter and appeared to be standard.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by humanoid94
... I had booked a standard room without breakfast and was upgraded to an executive room including free internet and free breakfast in the restaurant. ....
nice to listen - planing to go to ams in july or august - maybe until there someone else can confirm this treatment...
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by humanoid94
I stayed here is a Platinum on a European Prepaid Rate (the stay 3 get 35% or about 100 euros a night) for three nights last week. I had booked a standard room without breakfast and was upgraded to an executive room including free internet and free breakfast in the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised by this given the recent posts in this thread. The benefits I received were all detailed in a welcome letter and appeared to be standard.
that's great news!...go there fairly often and those benefits would be extremely welcome
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:57 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I have booked to stay later this year and it is many years since I have stayed there.

I was sad to see that the pool has gone, as I liked it.

Is the Club Lounge on the ground floor? I used to enjoy the small top floor lounge, although the breakfast and snacks were basic.

I have booked a Deluxe room with Club Lounge access - any idea what this might be in terms of size? If available, what could I be upgraded to as a Platinum Ambassador?

There were junior suites available for around EUR30 more, but these did not seem to come with Club Lounge access??

Has the old restaurant closed?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 8:28 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Maybe you can get a few impression how the hotel looks after the refurbishment from a report of a stay back in November 2010 on my homepage: http://www.hotels-and-travel.de/hote...l_ams_cpcc.htm

The rooms vary in terms of size and location but from my impression they are more of the small side, but there must be also room which are slightly larger than what I get in 2010 (and the most of my other stays I did not report about).

The lounge - I have had no access as I never booked a club room - is on the ground floor and the windows are to the pedestrian zone.

The Ambassador status will not get you anything as this is a Crowne Plaza and not an Intercontinental hotel. The upgrade - if any - will only be one category from my experience. Platinum benefits are the one mentioned in this thread. However, this will not get you much as breakfast is available in the club lounge as well as drinks.

There is only the New Dorrius restaurant. If you refer to the former bar on the ground floor, this space is now the lounge. Designwise the "New Dorrius" is modern with windows to the pedestrian zone.

Are you sure, the hotel has had a pool in the past?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Member, Marriott
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam CC used to have a pool. It was the only IHG hotel in Amsterdam besides the IC with a pool. This was however before the renovation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.