Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Buenos Aires Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:47 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I stayed at the IC BA for 12 nights using the 5k point stays. Not an elite of any sort, so got the basic room. Not bad, but it's a bit out of the way, and nothing that special. At $50 a night, I felt it was a decent deal.
I stayed for 3 nights using 5k points per night, definitely very good value! We also stayed 4 nights at IC Rio (5k per night again) where we were upgraded to a very nice suite.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Don't want to hijack this thread but wanted to make sure all BA fans were aware of the FT gathering coming this August/Sept. See Cow Do here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735270 Looks to be a great time.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:53 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Since first launching this thread, I had stayed at the InterContinental Buenos Aires in 2005 but never posted my experience here.

I received a nice bottle of wine and a large fruit plate as a regular Ambassador member. The bathroom was stocked with plenty of amenities, and the room overall was quite nice. However, while I had no problems with the service at this property, I could not help but feel that the staff was less than friendly.

While I would recommend this property, I also stayed at the Hilton and Marriott hotels in Buenos Aires and would rather stay at those properties than at the InterContinental property.

Although I have access to more detailed information, it is not available to me at this moment. If anyone needs additional information about my stay at this property, please let me know.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 6:01 pm

Here now.

I am a Holiday Inn platinum, rarely stay at IC's, so I am not even sure if that makes me an Ambassador, Royal Ambassador, Royal Crown Cola Ambassador or what.

Anyway, the hotel is sold out tonight, so when I tried to check in at noon, I was told no-go. Checked my bags at the concierge, and went right to work in BA with my client.

6:00pm I came back, and was given a lovely room on the 10th floor, not a club floor. I asked for a club room and flashed my platinum card (even though I had not reserved one) and was told that the club floor is sold out.

Had a fabulous dinner in the Mediterranean restaurant downstairs.

Lovel hotel, two thumbs up from me. ^ ^But then, I have never opened the door on a minibar in my life.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:13 am

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Kempinski Platinum
I had a couple more nice stays at the IC BA in November. My Ambassador gift was a bottle of wine on each occasion. They also gave me a free dinner on each stay. I checked in early (~11:00) and checked out late (16:00) both times without incident. Now that I'm a plain Ambassador, as opposed to an RA, they haven't been giving me suites or club access. Basically, then, there's no discernable upgrade. The rooms on the Calle Moreno side of the building are somewhat bigger, but the view is nicer on the other side. I think a couple of the higher, sub-club floors have "Six Continents Club" signs, but I don't know if these rooms differ from rooms on lower floors. I didn't get to use my free movie. They've put in new flat-screen TVs, but I couldn't figure out how to make the movies work (pushing "menu" seemed to pull up the TV settings instead of the hotel functions).
Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:44 am
pdb

Originally Posted by StevePER
I stayed for 3 nights using 5k points per night, definitely very good value! We also stayed 4 nights at IC Rio (5k per night again) where we were upgraded to a very nice suite.
This property indicates that it requires 30K per night. I'm thinking about staying there in March. How did you book it for only 5k per night?

Also, for a paid stay, is the club access worthwhile?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Kempinski Platinum
At 5k (PointsBreak), it's a really good deal. At 30k, it's a questionable deal since this property is cheaper than a lot of other ICs. I don't know that I'd pay extra for Club IC at the BA property. You get all-you-can drink Villavicencio water and a couple of shirts ironed for free, but the breakfast isn't all that special (e.g., less good than what you can get at an Havanna cafe for US$3). As far as I can tell, there's no material difference in the rooms, except you're on the highest floors.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat
I stayed here for one night in January and had a terrible time checking in. It was very late by the time I arrived at the hotel, and the desk agent acted as if he had no interest in checking me in. The hotel's general manager was good about following up with me on my experience after I left him a message, but it was still an unfortunate way to check-in to the hotel.

The rest of the hotel was very nice, including the Mediterranean-style restaurant. The service in the restaurant and the lounge was very good. There was also a garden cafe that was closed (I think for January and February), although it looked like they were having a private event there. It was very nice looking, though.

I would also add that the hotel was a bit overrun with groups. Princess cruises were having some of their passengers stay there at the end of their cruise and at times the lobby was filled with luggage or people or both.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
IC Buenos Aires Master Thread [merged]

It looks like we can do a Luxury Weekend rate and get a Club IC King for around $50 more/night than the King Bed deluxe. Now, based on what I have read here, Kind Deluxe would get us Club IC access. If we book the Club IC room, will we get a further upgrade or would I just be wasting my money?

Thanks for any insights!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
It looks like we can do a Luxury Weekend rate and get a Club IC King for around $50 more/night than the King Bed deluxe. Now, based on what I have read here, Kind Deluxe would get us Club IC access. If we book the Club IC room, will we get a further upgrade or would I just be wasting my money?

Thanks for any insights!
RA = suite upgrade and since you booked CLUB room, you will get club access and a suite upgrade.

But be carfeful as clubs are closed on weekends...IC Sao Paulo was closed all weekend but computers w2ere left one for Internet use.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by magiciansampras

Thanks for any insights!
During my last stay I was given a very nice junior suite (for the cheapest rate) with club access.
But I was told that executive rooms with club access are generally given for RAs

The suites are 40 square meters large and nicely decorated. The bathroom is huge. Fresh flowers (too rare in most hotels not to be quoted).

The indoor pool is nice.

The Club lounge is rather small (the size of the junior suite), but very elegantly decorated. Nice selection of food for breakfast, tea and evening cocktails. 1 PC

The service is excellent.

The hotel is very nice. Even if not located in the most chic part of the city (as Sofitel, Park Hyatt and Four Seasons, in Ricoletta), it's very centrally located, footsteps to Av 9 de Julio, Plaza de Mayo and metro stations, and close to Puerto Madero, San Telmo, Ricoletta.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by anaggie
IC Sao Paulo
Old Feb 24, 2009, 6:09 am

Anyone with a recent stay in BA that can confirm the Club is definitely closed on weekends? Is it open Friday evening and again opening on Sunday evening? Or is Friday midday the latest it is open?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by upgrader
Anyone with a recent stay in BA that can confirm the Club is definitely closed on weekends? Is it open Friday evening and again opening on Sunday evening? Or is Friday midday the latest it is open?
It was open the past two weekends for us...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
All my basic room bookings at the IC for next month have shown upgrade to Club Deluxe room within a few days, so that seems to be the new policy for RAs. Assume if one books a Deluxe or higher end room, you might get a suite with Club access. On my previous weekend stays, the lounge was closed for cocktails on Saturday, but we were given vouchers for drinks and snacks in the main bar. IIRC breakfast was still in the lounge each morning, just evenings were closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.