Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Buenos Aires Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2005, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Interesting comments, 100,000miler. Sorry you've not yet gotten suites since becoming a RA. However, as this is the PC Forum, better value choices within the program are the CP PanAmericano which is located in the heart of BA across from the obelisk, and generally goes for US$20+ less than the IC. Or the HIX which is a block south of the Sheraton [assume you mean the one across from Big Ben and the RR station, and not the Libertador] and very affordable.

BTW did you make it up to the Falls?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:03 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I have stayed before at the CP and the main tower is great[the one that has the roof top pool], but the second tower is hopeless. As I recall I was able to upgrade to a suite for only $35 US. Also, I found the rates at CP on this trip to be much higher than the IC which is strange, hence I elected a night at the IC for $109US which it turns out generated enough bonus points to permit me to renew my plat status already. At this rate it is a bargain, and it is near the antique market in San Telmo.

The one thing I forgot to mention is I had dinner with friends in the beautiful garden restaurant. It is a wonderful place but the service and food was probably the worst I had in Argentina. No service at all, we waited and waited, and half our order never arrived. Bummer, and not what one expects from an IC. I did complain on check out and they quickly comp-ed the meal which the should have done.

Also the TVs were not working. Nothing but snow. Really did not matter to me but others were quite upset.

I looked for the HIX at Peurto Maderno but I did not see it. I wonder if it has changed to the Hilton? I recall one could see it across from one of the large drydock like bays.

BA is a wonderful city and I never had a sense of any danger. The Argentinian wines are worth the visit alone! WHy can't we buy more of the good ones here in Canada?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I was extremely disappointed about this property that resulted switching back to Hilton BA at 7AM when I was coming back from the very late night out.

I checked in around 3PM and had an afternoon nap that is prerequisite if you want to be able to party the night out. I woke up several times thinking that somebody else was in my room but the noise was coming from the other rooms. IMHO very bad noice installation.

What made me to switch hotels was the fact that my same sex companion was not welcomed to spend the rest night with me. No problems with the Hilton, however.

This year I will spend more than 300 nights at hotels and thus tread them as my "permanent" home. It is not the business of the hotel with whom I decide to sleep with.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE
I had the opportunity to stay the IC Buenos Aires back in May for 1 week.

I found the hotel excellent in every way. The food and wine selection is very good and, in fact, they even have a wine boutique on the main floor just past the elevators. You a hotel is exceptional when most of the American and United flight crews stay there.

The hotel has private cars to take you around for the same price as a normal taxi. The hotel is in the heart of the capital and is easy to find again if you go out for a stroll.

You won't be disappointed!

Try and stay on the executive floor...you'll have a seperate dining room and cocktails on the house in the evening.

Cheers
Old Sep 10, 2005, 1:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by holtju2
What made me to switch hotels was the fact that my same sex companion was not welcomed to spend the rest night with me. No problems with the Hilton, however.
What was their basis for not being welcoming? If the room is booked for the adequate number of persons, the persons are registered guests and the guests are not disruptive, then what grounds did they have to cause a problem?
Old Sep 18, 2005, 7:23 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Kempinski Platinum
Smile

I stayed at the IC Buenos Aires most recently in July, and I found it most comfortable and welcoming. I reserved an ordinary room and was upgraded to Club IC. When I was there, the pop star Juanes was also staying on my floor -- there wasn't any noise, just some groupies hanging out in front of the hotel. The hotel, although I think it's only 10 years old, has more of a quaint, old feel with appointments like hardwood floors in the rooms. I received two bottles of wine as RA gifts: one white and one red.

If they were the same price, I might tip toward the Hilton. It's very new and modern and treats Gold VIPs well, but more importantly, the location is excellent in Puerto Madero. You can walk to dinner at many great restaurants (e.g., Il Gran Caruso). The IC location isn't bad per se, but it's a business area that gets deserted at night and on weekends. It's still an easy taxi ride to all the nightlife. I've consistently found the IC to be the best value.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent experiences at this property as far as RA benefits go, especially the difference between booking either a club room or a standard room?

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:42 pm

I check in there tomorrow, 12/18/07

Will post my experience then.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 5:08 pm

I stayed there in October. I was given club access and an upgraded room on 12th floor. Also 20% internet discount, comp. argentine wine, complimentary dinner(thru jan08), 50% wine discount, comp. mini bar beverages, and the usual welcome platter. Note this is for RA's.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalk
I stayed there in October. I was given club access and an upgraded room on 12th floor. Also 20% internet discount, comp. argentine wine, complimentary dinner(thru jan08), 50% wine discount, comp. mini bar beverages, and the usual welcome platter. Note this is for RA's.
Great info, thanks!^ Looks like I will be staying there over a weekend and using a BOGO, so I may just spend the $60 extra for a club room and hope for a better upgrade on top of that. When you say "upgraded room on the 12th floor" it wasn't a suite, was it?

I emailed the hotel as well although not sure if they'll respond. Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IC Buenos Aires is not a good IC for RA's. First of all the minibar is truly lacking. They do upgrade to you to club floor but not to suites. This is based on my three or so stays there and the hotel is no longer on my consideration list when in BA. Both Park Hyatt and Hilton are lot nicer.

Last edited by holtju2; Dec 17, 2007 at 7:29 pm
Old Dec 17, 2007, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IC Buenos Aires is not a good IC for RA's. First of all the minibar is truly lacking. They do upgrade to you to club floor but not to suites. This is based on my three or so stays there and the hotel is no longer on my consideration list when in BA. Both Park Hyatt and Hilton are lot nicer.
Thanks holtju2! It seems like the Hilton in BA is very nice, and has rave reviews in the HH forum. Since I am not a Hyatt guy that really isn't much of an option for me. My plan right now (in true FT fashion) is to spend a Thursday night at the Hilton, Saturday and Sunday night (via a BOGO) at the IC), and then another day later in the week at the Hilton again, when I return from Igasu.

I guess it makes sense to just book the cheapest room at the IC?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
...when I return from Igasu.

I guess it makes sense to just book the cheapest room at the IC?
You mean Foz do Iguaçu? I was there earlier this year.

I would book the cheapest rate at the IC or actually I would stay away from that hotel. BTW when I spoke with one manager at an Asian IC where they treat RA's well she had heard people complaining about the Buenos Aires property.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I stayed at the IC BA for 12 nights using the 5k point stays. Not an elite of any sort, so got the basic room. Not bad, but it's a bit out of the way, and nothing that special. At $50 a night, I felt it was a decent deal.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean Foz do Iguaçu? I was there earlier this year.
That one! I assume the hotel of choice there is the Sheraton?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.