Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC - Sao Paulo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The InterContinental São Paulo had concluded the initial phase of a multi-phase renovation of the property, with the lobby, restaurant and half of its guest rooms now completed.

“Properties such as the InterContinental São Paulo continue to position us as the region’s leading hotel company.”
The face lift is part of a multi-phase plan to fully renovate the InterContinental São Paulo, currently celebrating its 15th.anniversary. The renovation's contemporary design is currently spearheaded by Patricia Anastassiadis, one of Brazil's most respected architects. Implementation plans for the second phase are currently being finalized and will incorporate innovative, interactive information stations for guest check-in, allowing the hotel’s staff to increase their focus on personalizing the check-in experience. The current lobby will be transformed into a social gathering area, inclusive of a lobby bar and ample seating.

The renovated guestrooms include new furniture, equipment and lighting design. The Club InterContinental lounge will be expanded to offer additional work stations as well as a relaxation area.

The 20-story, 194-guest room hotel is one of Sao Paulo’s most recognized business-oriented properties. It is located minutes from the city’s convention center and business district and within walking distance of the famed Museum of Modern Art of São Paulo, Trianon Park, Teatro Abril and Pacaembu Stadium.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ase-Renovation
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:40 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I'm considering staying with the family here right before new years. What are the upgrades usually for a RA? I was planning on booking 2 rooms both using the amb weekend cert (my brother is a amb so we can get 1 room as a RA and the other as a Amb) and the price is quite good (I think) at $230/2nights with the BOGO)
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Any updates on the status of this hotel, renovations, etc. ? I am staying here (two rooms) with family on 12/31-1/4.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:29 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
I stayed there last summer. Booked the cheapest room and got an executive suite with lounge access, even on the last day of the stay which was a reward night. All other RA benefits have been awarded, like the free mini-bar, on the reward night too.

The room was in very good condition with an elegant design and new furniture so I assume it was a renovated room.

why don't you send them an e-mail and inquire directly. I recall they were pretty responsive.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by george 3
Any updates on the status of this hotel, renovations, etc. ? I am staying here (two rooms) with family on 12/31-1/4.
The rooms and suites are fine: full suites are proper affairs, with two large rooms, the smaller suites have, well, smaller rooms. Over the last couple of years the lobby/reception area has changed quite dramatically and the "new" lounge is lovely. The lounge transformation was from a space with booze and sandwiches in a space in front of the lifts on the xx-floor to a large and rather elegant room, fully staffed by attentive and capable personnel, and with top-quality food.

All this comes at a significant price, of course
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Thank you both for your responses, and I will reach out to the hotel. As such, I will perhaps post a few photos of some of the features. Yes it is pricey, but the closer I came to the stay the less expensive it became.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Anyone stayed on points recently? Do they honor RA benefits?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by stimpy
Anyone stayed on points recently? Do they honor RA benefits?

I would like to know this as well.

Seems nicholas75 stayed on cheapest adv rate and got the Executive Suite Club upgrade! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22179131-post745.html

I've stayed in that suite before but I booked quite a high category.

It's great value for points now so wondering how they treat RAs?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by lsed
I would like to know this as well.

Seems nicholas75 stayed on cheapest adv rate and got the Executive Suite Club upgrade! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22179131-post745.html

I've stayed in that suite before but I booked quite a high category.

It's great value for points now so wondering how they treat RAs?
I've always been given club acces - even when it was a space by the lift on the 17th floor (It's now quite a joy of a penthouse club, with food/drinks to match).

The "standard" room upgrade is to a rather awkward suite, but there are bigger ones available!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Hey IAN thanks, so even on points it is awkward suite + club? lol
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Stayed here for a few nights last week. I liked the property - booked Superior on our corporate rate and was upgraded to Executive Suite, which is apparently a triple upgrade. I did not receive Club access (was offered an up-sell of ~220 BRL for this, but didn't take it). The room was very spacious and a proper suite.

Didn't receive the Ambassador welcome fruit/water, and the only complimentary water was a fairly paltry single 300mL bottle. Nespresso machine in the room, but 7BRL per Nespresso capsule consumed.

Lovely staff, great bar/lobby area, WiFi worked nicely, really enjoyed the room. Did not try to check out the club.

Taxi drivers did not seem to know the hotel but they were able to find it eventually.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I see I never reported back here about my stay during the World Cup. As RA I got the Exec Suite upgrade with Club and thought both were very nice. I did one night paid and one on points. Oh wait, I just remembered that during the WC the cheapest room was an Exec Suite so I guess it wasn't an upgrade. But they did let me keep it for the award night.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Does anyone have email contact info for this hotel? I checked on the website and didn't see anything other than a telephone #.

Thanks

Cheers
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I just completed a stay and was satisfied due to its location, Received double upgrade to a suite. Also, welcome gift of chocolates. As a IHG Platinum, was offered an upgrade fee of R$290 to have lounge access, declined.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I just completed a stay and was satisfied due to its location, Received double upgrade to a suite. Also, welcome gift of chocolates. As a IHG Platinum, was offered an upgrade fee of R$290 to have lounge access, declined.
I love this hotel for location, interior design, great service.
Club lounge is pleasant but you can skip it, as the district is full of very pleasant restaurants and cafés.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.