IC Century City Los Angeles Master Thread [merged]

Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold

I noticed that the parking here is US$32.

I assume that is per night not per day (e.g. a two night stay would total US$64) - but even so seems a lot - is that the going rate for this part of town or does anyone know of cheaper options locally?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
For me, parking was free... as I have rented a bicycle!!!
(and I enjoyed it)

Contrary to the legend, it is not at all impossible to survive in LA without a car. You may bike nearly anywhere.
And LA has a great transportation service (you can hang your bike on the bus).
http://flickr.com/photos/22421801@N00/137830459

Undergroung is fast and efficient
Direct buses are really great (Downtown - Santa Monica in less than 40 minutes)

http://www.hollywoodprobicycles.com/rental.php
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Bikes for two are more expensive that car hire + parking!

Saying that I think I will be going for the public transport option - I've done it before in LA as a student and since then they have expanded the Metro rail system (although it doesn't go quite as far the IC!). Also I noted that Hertz have a location in the Hyatt almost next door so could take advantage of that.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rupert_s
since then they have expanded the Metro rail system (although it doesn't go quite as far the IC!).
It is true that IC LA is rather in the middle of nowhere, and is much a business hotel for people working in the area.

But remember that the hotel provides a free shuttle (nice Mercedes Class S limousine) which can gives you a lift to the The Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire, located on Wilshire boulevard.

Here, you can :
a) cry for not having chosen to stay at the FS,
b) spend your money at Beverly Hills
c) ... or catch a bus to downtown/Santa Monica, or the nearest metro station
Old Sep 6, 2008, 3:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
There is free street parking on Fox Hills Dr just off of Pico Street (about a 10 minute walk). I think you have to move your car in the morning though - it's been a while so I can't remember.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select

I have a two night stay at this hotel Feb 21-23 and would like to know if anyone has any recent information about this property and the e-mail address for someone I can contact about an Upgrade.

Also-How does this hotel treat RAs? This will be my first stay at this hotel as most of my work is now in Studio City instead of Sherman Oaks.

Thanks
Ben
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not a big fan of the hotel.

The property in itself is not bad at all (former Park Hyatt with large suites, good service) but has no specific atmosphere (definitely a business hotel in the middle of nowhere, with no club lounge).

As RA, I was upgraded to a large suite (room, living room, bathroom) with balcony.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...es#post8753233

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...es#post8753233

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ml#post8648258

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ml#post7737816

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ml#post7692650

When in LA, I prefer staying at Sofitel.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I am not a big fan of the hotel.

The property in itself is not bad at all (former Park Hyatt with large suites, good service) but has no specific atmosphere (definitely a business hotel in the middle of nowhere, with no club lounge).
I think that is a bit harsh. There is the Century city mall within walking distance and Beverley Hills is not far away.

Plus you get the glamour of staying next to the MGM Studios building which was used in the 1988 classic 'Die Hard' (Renamed Nakatomi plaza for the movie).

From the inifinity pool of the IC you can look straight up at the building.

I really like the hotel in a nice area.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyclub
Plus you get the glamour of staying next to the MGM Studios building which was used in the 1988 classic 'Die Hard' (Renamed Nakatomi plaza for the movie).
Well, I am not subtle enough to understand the glamour of staying next to an indutrial hangar...

But i can perfectly understand
- the glamour of staying at the Four Seasons Hotel Beverly Wilshire, right in the heart of Beverly Hills,
- the pleasure of staying at the urban chic Sofitel
Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:21 am
Original Poster

My experience..

- In my stay in September was given 1 bed suite - not huge but did the job.
- The location is bit the middle of nowhere
- The house car (merc) will take you to Beverly Hills FOC - but not any further.
- I won't be rushing back but did ok using a BOGO. Apparently this hotel features heavily on Priceline offering knock down rates.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 7:04 am

Programs: DL Plat, IC Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
I was just there for a 2 night stay last month. Booked the cheapest room and got a nice, corner 1 bedroom suite. I arrived late and asked about my welcome fruit basket at check-in. 30 minutes or so later I got a few chocolates and the usual bottles of water. The next morning I asked the front desk about the fruit and they said they don't give fruit anymore. I never received a welcome letter either. Due to the number of high profile guests at this property (evident by the number of Bentley's parked out front) that RA's don't fall very high on their priority list. With that said, I had an enjoyable stay and didn't find the location to be too distant from the local attractions. There was also plenty of good food at the "mall" down the street.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I've had problems with the concierge service there.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
When did the upgraded room show up on your reservation page? Some hotels upgrade right after booking others upgrade closer to the stay. Does anyone know what the case is here?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 2:38 pm

Stayed in August
Upgrade was good - from the cheapest flexible room to a large one bedroom suite with a huge balcony.
This upgrade did not show on "my reservations" - there was a change on "my reservations" - about a week before the reservation date, but only to a superior room (or equivalent) - so it was a welcome surprise when we checked in.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There are very few hotels in LA where you can walk out for a nice stroll in an interesting neighborhood. Downtown Long Beach hotels are more suited to that. Or maybe the Holiday Inn Santa Monica.

Yes the Beverly Wilshire is a good example. However that hotel has so much going for it on the inside, there is never a reason to go out.

When it comes to nice upgrades to nice suites, the IC Century City is an excellent choice. It is also very good for the views, especially if you have a suite with a balcony facing the sunset on a nice day. And you have the free mini-bar to help the sun down with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.