Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Century City Los Angeles Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I just completed a pretty-nice stay here for the Rose Bowl. I made a reservation for December 31-January 2nd using the Ambassador BOGO Voucher, and a separate reservation for January 2nd-3rd using points.

The BOGO reservation was for an Executive Suite, so I could get upgraded to the much-more-expensive Premiere Suite. The points reservation was for the base room, as it's the only option.

I e-mailed the hotel about a week ahead of time to see if I could "stay in the same room throughout my stay" and offered to pay for an upsell. Their response was:
We would like to highlight that effective last month all suites above the One Bedroom Executive suites were excluded from the Ambassador complimentary upgrades program. Which mean that the reservations booked with Executive suites are not eligible to be upgraded further to larger suites like the Premier Suite.
The e-mail continued by stating they would grandfather this stay under the old policy, and offered a $200 upsell to keep the Premiere Suite for the 3rd night, which I accepted.

However, I wanted everyone to be aware of the change in policy, because I wasn't. They warned me twice during the stay (during check-in, and again with a written note in the room) that the Premiere Suite upgrade wouldn't be possible on future stays, so they must be serious about it. The new policy is also reflected on the Ambassador T&C website:
INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
11.The room upgrades for both Ambassadors and Royal Ambassadors excludes the following rooms:
o InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverley Hills - Royal Suite, Presidential Suite, Elite Honeymoon, Elite Residence, Premier, Premier Suites with Terrace
All in all, it didn't effect my stay because the "old policy" was honored. The Premiere Suite was nice, but I won't lose any sleep if I can only upgrade to Executive Suites in the future.

Also, they upgraded their black car to a Tesla, which is a blast.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by patmcpsu
Also, they upgraded their black car to a Tesla, which is a blast.
Only one Tesla ride so far for me, unexpectedly provided at Amsterdam Schiphol taxi rank NOV2016 , my taxi driver used a Tesla as a standard taxi.... a quiet nice drive Schiphol to IC Amstel
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by patmcpsu
The BOGO reservation was for an Executive Suite, so I could get upgraded to the much-more-expensive Premiere Suite.
The pleasure to be RA and being upgraded to an Executive suite when booking cheapest rate ^^

Kalboz likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I am staying one night at this hotel, what are the other cheaper parking nearby the hotel? I think the hotel charges $40/night. Is it safe to park elsewhere (on the nearby parking lot or street)?

Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I stayed there in March and just paid the $40 a night. There's really no cheap or free parking in the area. The West Olympic Boulevard Parking Lot is close by, but it is only open 7 AM-7 PM. The 2030 Century Park West is a 12 minute walk, but the rate is $32. I rather pay the extra $8 for the convenience and security of the hotel parking.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:06 pm

Came to the dame conclusion for my stay last year.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 336
Came to the dame conclusion for my stay last year.
+1. Also bit the bullet on those charges. Still cheaper than IC SFO ($54ish IIRC) if it is any consolation.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by demue
+1. Also bit the bullet on those charges. Still cheaper than IC SFO ($54ish IIRC) if it is any consolation.
and even much cheaper than the IC Chicago which charges 68 dollar per night
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My review of this property is part of my trip report here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t-lounges.html
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:17 pm

Stayed here for 1 night. Used my free night voucher from the IHG CC. Very happy with the stay, was upgraded to a suite (Bedroom, living room and two balconies) without asking by the front desk agent. I think those rooms were going for $500+ during that date range so definitely got my $49 annual fee worth of a free room.

Was given the option of a free non-alcoholic beverage or bonus points. Took the points which posted to my account within the hour.

Bellhop crew chatted up with the s/o about what to see in the area, and gave her two bottles of chilled water (perfect on a hot day) while I checked in.

Valet parking is $44, no self parking option.

Had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. Not impressed with the food to be honest. Wait staff was amazing and very attentive.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:22 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by dascc
Stayed here for 1 night. Used my free night voucher from the IHG CC. Very happy with the stay, was upgraded to a suite (Bedroom, living room and two balconies) without asking by the front desk agent. I think those rooms were going for $500+ during that date range so definitely got my $49 annual fee worth of a free room.
How so? As the free anniversary night terms are very clear:

Anniversary Free Night is valid at IHG Hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

This property charges 65,000 points per night!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
How so? As the free anniversary night terms are very clear:

Anniversary Free Night is valid at IHG Hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

This property charges 65,000 points per night!
I have the IHG Reward Club Select card, AFN certs issued before 5/2019 are good for any property. The cert I used was issued 2/2018, so it covered my 1/2019 stay. My 2019 cert (since it was issued before May 2019) is good for any property as well. Starting 2020 it will be capped at a 40k point level hotel, same as the newer IHG Rewards Club Premier card.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Now Closed until 1st September 2020

I have a booking for a few nights starting the 31st August, but I have just received the following email;

We are writing to you regarding your reservation/s at the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City. The safety of our guests is the number one priority and as one of our steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we would like to advise that the hotel will be closed until 31 August 2020, thus the cancellation of your reservation. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
This is bad news for my vacation plans, that I was holding a glimmer of hope were still viable.
Looking at the website, they are now only taking bookings from the 1st Sept 2020 onwards.

This appears more restrictive than most hotels in the area, so I don't know why the IC is so adversely affected.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 8, 2020 at 11:17 pm
Old Feb 4, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Has anyone heard any more from the IC Century City.
It doesn't appear on the the IHG search results, and I don't believe its been open since the first wave of Covid lockdowns in the spring of 2020.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
Has anyone heard any more from the IC Century City.
It doesn't appear on the the IHG search results, and I don't believe its been open since the first wave of Covid lockdowns in the spring of 2020.
IHG Service are saying on Twitter that the hotel has now ceased operations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.