IC Century City Los Angeles Master Thread [merged]

Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I am currently staying in this hotel and thought it was very nice. It is a bit farther from Beverly Hills than I thought - about a 30 min walk. All my Platinum Ambassador perks were provided and the room was great.

Not a great tourist hotel because there is not much around and it is a shame it only has 1 choice (The Lobby Bar) for meals/drinks.

aks120
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by aks120
I am currently staying in this hotel and thought it was very nice. It is a bit farther from Beverly Hills than I thought - about a 30 min walk. All my Platinum Ambassador perks were provided and the room was great.

Not a great tourist hotel because there is not much around and it is a shame it only has 1 choice (The Lobby Bar) for meals/drinks.

aks120
I live within a mile of this hotel. There may not be much - really nothing - next to the hotel but it is only 1/2 mile to the Westfield Century City Shopping Center - at worst a 10 minute walk. There's plenty there. Dozens of restaurants of all types. To the heart of Beverly Hills shopping district, walking, it is about 1.4 miles but being that it is spread out over a number of streets, plenty more walking to be done. This hotel couldn't be in a safer area, either.

Any hotel on the Westside of Los Angeles is going to be close to the tourist areas - by car, which is really the only way to get around and see L.A.. Los Angeles is spread out so no hotel is every going to next to more than one tourist attraction. At least this one is built on the former backlot of 20th Century Fox Studios and overlooks it.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You know the hotel has a free town car to take you to BH if you want. Or many other locations nearby.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by stimpy
You know the hotel has a free town car to take you to BH if you want. Or many other locations nearby.
Yes - when I asked the concierge how long it would take me to walk to BH he said 15 mins - now I realize that was a bit off....! I wish I had taken the town car!

aks120
Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes - when I asked the concierge how long it would take me to walk to BH he said 15 mins - now I realize that was a bit off....! I wish I had taken the town car.
Well he was right, it is only a 15 minute walk to the part of BH that is next to Century City. But BH is a pretty large place and Rodeo Drive is 15 minutes by car with all the usual traffic during the day.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Well he was right, it is only a 15 minute walk to the part of BH that is next to Century City. But BH is a pretty large place and Rodeo Drive is 15 minutes by car with all the usual traffic during the day.
Yes - I really should have been more specific

aks120
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:01 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I did a check on RA treatment on a points stay, but the last reference I could find was from 2008 (when the hotel was still at 30K points - nice). Anyone have any experiences they could share?

We are staying over New Years in LA before heading to Vegas and paying 400 US$ for a room at the IC doesn't sound too appealing. I will have a car and while the parking bugs me I'm paying almost 60US$ in SFO so what gives

Or should I be looking at a different ICHG property? HI Stanta Monica? CP Beverly Hills sounds mediocre too and my buddy who stayed at the HIX Walk of Fame recently told me better to skip that one. Thanks and happy holidays.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure about award stays, but they are pretty consistent on paid stays. I was there again a few weeks ago and I think I got the same Executive suite upgraded room as I got the previous time. I very much like this IC, except of course for the parking fee.

I would give them a call to ask about award treatment and if they are stingy, maybe switch to an HI. There are lots of choices all over LA county so pick the one that suits you. The HIX Century City is right near the IC and not too bad.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 1:13 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks Stimpy. I just checked my reservation online and it has been upgraded to a 1 King Deluxe Suite so I will not rock the boat and hope it stays as is and that I get some RA benefits too like free minibar though we only drink the water usually so it won't be a drama if it is not granted.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Just had a one night stay. Would rate the stay probably a B+ overall.
As as gold ambassador, was upgraded to a deluxe suite (which i think is lowest level suite). Was more than happy with that. Room had two TV's, two balconies- was nice!!! Got free internet, free in room movie, fruit platter & water. Breakfast was a nice buffet (had room rate that included bkfst)- had lox as well as a japanese type offering as well.

The only things that weren't "perfect" were minor things. Called FD for some extra coffee stuff brought to the room & it never came, had to call again.
No morning newspaper in front of door. Housekeeping called at 12 about the room even though I had 4pm checkout (that woke me up during my post breakfast nap!!). FD said my key was good til 4pm but after leaving pool at 3pm, it was not working so had to go down for a new key (which is annoying).

Overall service was very good & cordial. Fast valet. Fast check in (but room was not ready for about 30 min).
Old Jul 6, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by musikdude
Just had a one night stay. Would rate the stay probably a B+ overall.
As as gold ambassador, was upgraded to a deluxe suite (which i think is lowest level suite). Was more than happy with that. Room had two TV's, two balconies- was nice!!! Got free internet, free in room movie, fruit platter & water. Breakfast was a nice buffet (had room rate that included bkfst)- had lox as well as a japanese type offering as well.

The only things that weren't "perfect" were minor things. Called FD for some extra coffee stuff brought to the room & it never came, had to call again.
No morning newspaper in front of door. Housekeeping called at 12 about the room even though I had 4pm checkout (that woke me up during my post breakfast nap!!). FD said my key was good til 4pm but after leaving pool at 3pm, it was not working so had to go down for a new key (which is annoying).

Overall service was very good & cordial. Fast valet. Fast check in (but room was not ready for about 30 min).

Thanks for the info. Have you stayed at other properties in the area? If so, how did it compare? Trip out in a couple weeks, and trying to find a nice / central prop. Any additional thoughts for me?

Thanks
Old May 16, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Has anyone stayed at the IC LA recently? Reviews on Tripadvisor has this hotel as being outdated and in need of upgrade. Service & food was all rated mediocre.

Much appreciated.
Old May 17, 2014, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fishy21
Has anyone stayed at the IC LA recently? Reviews on Tripadvisor has this hotel as being outdated and in need of upgrade. Service & food was all rated mediocre.
I'm actually here now. My suite looks like it has been refreshed since the last time I was here. So perhaps it was true that it was previously looking worn out. But the room I'm in now looks great.

About the food there have been lots of people eating in the restaurant and bar while I've been here. I was planning to have lunch here yesterday, but the horrific LA traffic made me cancel. I had forgotten how bad Fridays are here.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Just had a one night stay here. I wasn't going to write a review, but this latest incident really upset me, so everyone needs to be informed.

When I first walked in, there were maybe 10 employees in the lobby of the hotel. Not a single person acknowledged me. The front desk staff was friendly, but wasn't the most helpful agent. My amenity never arrived, and when I called at night to request it, they said the kitchen was closed. They would instead give me 600 points, which did not happen.

Several days later, when I was checking my credit card statement, I was charged for a Heineken (which I never had) and also charged for the room & tax (I stayed using points only). I called the hotel to explain the charges, and finally received a call back about 60 minutes later that I will receive a credit for the erroneous charges.

Extremely disappointed with this stay. So far, Intercontinental is 2/3 for not meeting my expectations. If I can't expect a hotel to accurately charge my credit card, how can I trust them with my stay? My pet peeve is when hotels charge me for mini-bar charges after I check out. Either they did not do a good job in ensuring that the minibar was full, or something was taken after I checked out. Either way, it shows how honest and trustworthy their employees are.

Also, the credit card charges are showing up as Hyatt. Didn't Intercontinental takeover this property several years ago?

Last edited by fishy21; May 28, 2014 at 10:52 am
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I last stayed at this hotel in Feb 2011, looking to stay again this year but on points

Is there complimentary breakfast for RA members now?

I cant believe that a top tier program doesnt give me free brekky for elites at top tier hotels!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.