Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental London Club Lounge - is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:24 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Cheers mickgoodie and Welcome to FT!^

Originally Posted by mickgoodie
lots of booze (within moderation)
"Does not compute.....

Originally Posted by mickgoodie
We thought that every member of staff we spoke to were very polite and never ever did anyone comment or remark the amount we ate/drank.
I'm really glad you had a good time there. I think it's a great property!

I have to say though that I'd NEVER expect any staff member of any hotel to question how much I eat/drink if it is all paid for, or part of a club access.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
Red face new happy hour times

Just had another great stay at the Ic, but prevois poster is right, "happy hour" finishes at 19.30 not 20.00. Bit of a shame, otherwise no complaints, great lounge and worth the extra expense!

After 19.25 they charge £6 for a bottle of beer and similar for wine.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:14 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, KrisFlyer, BMI, OnePass, Flying Blue, MilleMiglia
Executive Lounge cost - IC London

Hi all

Just wondered if anyone had upgraded to the Exec Lounge at the IC London lately - there's been a few offers on and off and I wondered if they're charging full or reduced price at the moment. I've got a 3 night stay there early November and I'm thinking about taking it up.

Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and paid £40 + VAT for Club Lounge access. Mind you I have always been quoted this price, even when reports were being made it was £80.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:12 am

The official price is £80+VAT, but the same as BA1A, I've never paid that

They use the price to throttle the amount of people in the club, so your success might be dependant on the dates of your stay. I'd suggest mentioning £40+VAT and see what they say. If you're "in the know" about the price, they might honour it - especially if you've stayed there in the past.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:40 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
When I was in IC Hkg Stanford, I was told that being one RA or Ambassador the Club entry fee is discounted. Can not remember exactly the figure now. But that time when I was in the Lounge, the attendant told me that diascount apply. Not sure if IC London is doing the same?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by markdg
The official price is £80+VAT, but the same as BA1A, I've never paid that

They use the price to throttle the amount of people in the club, so your success might be dependant on the dates of your stay. I'd suggest mentioning £40+VAT and see what they say. If you're "in the know" about the price, they might honour it - especially if you've stayed there in the past.
Good advice there as the last time I checked in, the girl on the desk was new and she said she would have to go and check the price for Club access. I said it's £40 + VAT as that is what I had paid the last two times. She just said "great, thanks" and wrote that on my registration form ^
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, KrisFlyer, BMI, OnePass, Flying Blue, MilleMiglia
Thanks, I'll do as suggested. Its a reward stay as well so not sure what they'll offer me.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by bananacake
After 19.25 they charge £6 for a bottle of beer and similar for wine.
Wicked! I'd take the bottle of wine then
Old Oct 15, 2009, 1:22 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
Wicked! I'd take the bottle of wine then

Somewhere in this thread (or another) it is stated that Ambassadors can get Club access at the discounted rate of GBP40.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 2:10 am

Yes, it's just three posts above.... (okay four above this post)
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:59 am

Yes, it's just three posts above.... (okay four above this post)
I was referring to a confirmed (in writing) policy rather than what might have been ad hoc decisions by the front desk.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I was referring to a confirmed (in writing) policy rather than what might have been ad hoc decisions by the front desk.
Okay, I'm confused now. What you said was....

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Somewhere in this thread (or another) it is stated that Ambassadors can get Club access at the discounted rate of GBP40.
I just referred you to where it had been said. You never mentioned official policy.

Anyway, unfortunately there is no official policy of 50% discount for Ambs/RAs. It happens from time to time (often?), but it is not a published benefit. (darn!)

Hope that helps
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:44 am

Okay, I'm confused now. What you said was....

I just referred you to where it had been said. You never mentioned official policy.

Anyway, unfortunately there is no official policy of 50% discount for Ambs/RAs. It happens from time to time (often?), but it is not a published benefit. (darn!)

Hope that helps
Fair cop on sloppy posting. But I didn't mention "published benefit" either. More like "established hotel policy" if you catch my drift. In this post the poster got the information from the reservation agent which IMO is more comforting because it then would appear to be in the manual and not decided on variable factors like how busy they are on the day.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:55 am

Fair cop on my part too too - I was trying to say there's nothing in writing that I've seen from Park Lane that confirms a policy of 50% off - but I didn't say it very well.

As I've said higher up in this thread, the official policy is £80+VAT. I was told by the hotel that it's "sometimes" available for £40+VAT for RA/Ambs, but that at busy times it remains £80+VAT to limit numbers - which would perhaps explain the varying responses that people get.

The first time I stayed there, I was going to be charged £80 until I mentioned the £40 rate. Therefore, by mentioning it, you might well get lucky, as you're showing prior knowledge etc, but it's certainly not a "done deal" that you'll get it.

I hope that helps

Enjoy your stay there - I think it's a great property, and a lovely lounge (although the new times of the cocktail hour seem a bit early to me)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.