Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Stay for family member?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Award Stay for family member?

Is it possible to book an award stay for a family member with Priority Club? My sister needs a room and I can't be there to check in. Sorry tried a search and didn't come up with much info.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by cme2c
Is it possible to book an award stay for a family member with Priority Club? My sister needs a room and I can't be there to check in. Sorry tried a search and didn't come up with much info.
Just book the room under your name and add her as an additional guest.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:34 pm

Officially no, but I use my points for my kids all the time, and to date neither of them have had a problem at check in.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, ICH Platinum
Fly2W is right. I do it several times a year and no problem for kids and other family members. As Fly2W said be sure to add th other person's name to the reservation and there is no problem.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:45 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, ICH Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, Avis First
Yep, one call to the elite reservations was all it took. Very easy. Did it for my parents.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: IHG RA, DL Dia, Hertz 5Star
I concur. It has never been a problem. The key is to book in your name and add family member as additional guest on the reservation.

Even better is to make room reservations for paying relatives and collect PC points on your account.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
Originally Posted by tezzer
Officially no, but I use my points for my kids all the time, and to date neither of them have had a problem at check in.
It is also "officially" possible. I have once booked award rooms for friends over the phone with PC. I have also reserved rooms online and have put in the notes the names of the persons actually staying in the room. One hotel asked me whether the guests staying in the room would have status on their own (they did not) - if yes, they would have honored all benefits according to their status.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by land31411
Even better is to make room reservations for paying relatives and collect PC points on your account.
I have done that in the past

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.