Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:31 am

If I book a junior suite does it come with club lounge access?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
i think so, it says on the room description if you need to doublecheck.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm at Le Grand right now on an award stay. My upgraded room was not ready at check-in (3pm) so the reception offered free breakfast if I take the classic room. I took the offer and I am a Plat Amb btw.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by mediator
I'm at Le Grand right now on an award stay. My upgraded room was not ready at check-in (3pm) so the reception offered free breakfast if I take the classic room. I took the offer and I am a Plat Amb btw.
I'm here too and I know why they made that offer. The hotel is actually oversold right now. Completely full. They actually rang my mobile phone around 7pm to see if I was still coming. I was on the plane and we had just landed at CDG and I had fortunately just turned on my phone. They needed my room and might have given it away if I hadn't answered! So we can both count ourselves lucky to be staying here for free. Apparently some big official delegation arrived and took all the available suites.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm here too and I know why they made that offer. The hotel is actually oversold right now. Completely full. They actually rang my mobile phone around 7pm to see if I was still coming. I was on the plane and we had just landed at CDG and I had fortunately just turned on my phone. They needed my room and might have given it away if I hadn't answered! So we can both count ourselves lucky to be staying here for free. Apparently some big official delegation arrived and took all the available suites.
I agree. Looks like there were at least three conference groups at le grand right now. One group even has a separate breakfast area.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by mediator
I agree. Looks like there were at least three conference groups at le grand right now. One group even has a separate breakfast area.
I'm there this weekend. Still free club for RA?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by turner32
Still free club for RA?
Yes, nothing has changed.

By the way, the sale hasn't gone through yet and there are still negotiations going on. Rumors say that the price has already gone up a fair bit. We'll see.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, nothing has changed.

By the way, the sale hasn't gone through yet and there are still negotiations going on. Rumors say that the price has already gone up a fair bit. We'll see.
Good news, i fear change!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
What time are the snacks during the day and evening? Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Can somebody please PM me the email of the GM of the hotel or a contact other than the website one that starts with legrand?

I will have a family member checking in for a stay here and had to make 2 reservations (one with free night certificate and one with points), so wanted to link the reservations if possible and make sure nothing gets screwed up in the process of family member checking in.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mastermc54
Can somebody please PM me the email of the GM of the hotel or a contact other than the website one that starts with legrand?

I will have a family member checking in for a stay here and had to make 2 reservations (one with free night certificate and one with points), so wanted to link the reservations if possible and make sure nothing gets screwed up in the process of family member checking in.
You don't need GM to do something as basic as this, just use the hotel resrrvations email providing both res numbers.

Apart from which all hotels scan 7days ahead to look for multiple bookings and link as one checkin/one-room unless a widely varying room type difference means guest would have to either move rooms or pay an upgrade fee for lesser nights.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Checked with the hotel, it is 120 Euro. Still checking what's included. Reading from here, seems it covers the breakfast, drinks, snacks? No alcoholic drink for me, but assume it has coffee/tea/water all day which is fine for my needs.

Do I expect a better room beside the one level upgrade to superior room?

Thanks again.
My husband and I spend 3 nights at the Paris Le Grand this past July. We booked the room with points and a free night certificate from the IHG credit card. Then I contacted the GM and asked about securing an upgrade to the Club level and hopefully an upgrade from the standard and, I assumed, no-view room we booked for free. By reading this forum, I already knew that it cost 120 Euro/night to upgrade to Club access. I asked for a room overlooking the Opera or with a view of the Eiffel Tower. We were told that would depend on availability. As it turned out, they did upgrade us to a lovely 43 square meter Jr suite directly facing the Opera House. It was perfect. And we thought the Club lounge was well worth the 120 Euro. The food and drinks were fabulous. The club is 2 levels - we preferred taking our food to the upper level (no view from up there but it was much quieter and there were less people). Overall we LOVED our stay at the Le Grand and were very glad we paid to upgrade to the lounge.

Last edited by AtlantaAngel; Oct 26, 2014 at 4:32 am Reason: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=23736846
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed at the hotel last night. Booked a standard room using free PC Visa voucher, upgraded to Superior and paid EUR30 for an Executive room. Nice size, although not large, well decorated and reasonably equipped. Bath and shower. View of Eiffel Tower from balcony.

Had lunch and dinner there. AT lunch, the service was slow and errors occurred, due largely to the inadequate staff numbers. They were rushed off their feet! Cost of food was waived.

Dinner was mostly good, but the fillet steak was awful. Apparently there are supply issues. Cost waived. The rest of the starter and main courses were great. Set meal dessert was odd and not pleasant.

Staff were pleasant, especially at check in - a gentleman, G.

Quite a few trainees at Concierge and restaurant, who were not as polished as you would expect.

Would certainly think about staying in the future.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I have a BOGO weekend entry level Classic Room, to stay here 4Q14, which i booked back in Jan2014, for what was a not too bad 375 and 350 euro pair of nights.

Just noted Flex rate (and thus the bogo rate) for Classic rooms is now less, only 295euro, Superior 325 and Exec 355 euro. I just check as PLG just modded my Classic upto Exec (although if one looks to dummy book, shows Exec type has only 1x room available to book right now)

Usual pre-checkin posted RA upgrade is Classic->Exec and Superior -> JuniorSuite which is why I book Superior at PLG mostly. J/S is fine with me for solo stays, I don't really need bigger, rooms though the full suites do have better views.

Will definitely cancel/rebook my 375euro Classic tonight,.... but.... not sure whether to take book usual Superior or book Exec as still a little less than my January booking.
No real point booking higher rates, as next rooms are Club which PLG kindly give to us RAs at the moment.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:27 am

I booked Classic, was upgraded to Superior as Ambassador and then paid EUR30 to upgrade to an Executive room. The next room category, for another EUR30 was a room with an Opera view. After that, the rack went from cEUR800 - 860 for the above room types went up to cEUR1040, IIRC, for Junior Suites.

Appreciate that "no one" pays these rack rates, but it gives an idea of the hierarchy and price differentials.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.