Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
you are welcome, for what its worth i think you are making the right decision. FYI if you dont like your room here they are good about moving you (within the same cateory). On our first stay we were given a grand room with high ceilings that felt rather impersonal. we asked and were moved to a top floor and low ceilinged room in the eves looking out over the parisien rooftops, it was like having a view of a beautiful Mary poppins scene and i loved the room which felt like our cosy pied-a-terre. Of course this is personal preference once again, many prefer the "grand" rooma, but do ask if you are not happy, the staff are honestly out to help here (or at least were when we stayed)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I agree with your sentiments regarding PL and LG lounge differences, LG was just ok for me.
I do feel the exact opposite

Park Lane:
+
Very friendly stall
Nice view
Quite large and still quiet
-
Not free for RAs
Very basic evening selection, ok tea time

Paris Le Grand
+
Very friendly staff
Nice view on the 2nd floor
Quiet
Very good selection of food during the day
Free for RAs
-
Not so convenient to eat at the 2nd floor
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
To me the service is great in both clubs. But I've stayed at Le Grand a hundred times more than the London IC partly due to the fact that the Club is free for RA's. It is my home in Paris.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:07 pm

I just find the view at the IC Park Lane mesmorising over the roundabout, particularly at night. Also the breakfast is really good at the park lane and afternoon tea. evening nibbles are rubbish though- nice but acouple of thumbnails in size. very much canapes, perhaps this is the push to get you to Theos restaurant?!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
I just find the view at the IC Park Lane mesmorising over the roundabout, particularly at night. Also the breakfast is really good at the park lane and afternoon tea. evening nibbles are rubbish though- nice but acouple of thumbnails in size. very much canapes, perhaps this is the push to get you to Theos restaurant?!
+1million The IC-PlLounge evening food offering is not great, and spoils the whole experience when I compare to evening food offerings at many other IC's in Europe I have used.

Most days I am more wanting a little food in evenings over 3glasses of champagne or 3x beers.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
+1million The IC-PlLounge evening food offering is not great, and spoils the whole experience when I compare to evening food offerings at many other IC's in Europe I have used.

Most days I am more wanting a little food in evenings over 3glasses of champagne or 3x beers.
I end up scoffing more and more nuts and then making myself feel sick before we take a meal but this doesnt stop us using the lounge - we still love it, just need IC PL to pull their socks up abit and we would stay there alot more!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:07 am

PS and for what its worth we havent been back to the LeGrand and actually chose the park hyatt down the road for other Paris trips (great bar but PRICY!) mainly due to not liking the ambiance of the Le Grand lounge. Its just abit of a boring place to spend an evening and you end up going out even though there free booze and food in the lounge. In London IC remains our favourite due to the lounge even though the food falls short.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PS and for what its worth we havent been back to the LeGrand and actually chose the park hyatt down the road for other Paris trips (great bar but PRICY!) mainly due to not liking the ambiance of the Le Grand lounge. Its just abit of a boring place to spend an evening and you end up going out even though there free booze and food in the lounge. In London IC remains our favourite due to the lounge even though the food falls short.
That's strange, I found the opposite to be true. London's lounge was quite boring the last time I was there, but I always enjoy Le Grand's ambiance, mainly because there are more people there and constant activity. This is based on 30+ nights per year for many years.

But I guess on any given night you could find it swinging either way in either hotel.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:31 am

i think it must be a personal opinion.

Best lounge food we have had was at the Langham- i intend to post about this in the luxury hotels forum next week and you can also find the review on my blog (which should be on my signature shortly) Food at the langham lounge is FABULOUSO -i took a picture of the spread, but the lounge itself only has a skylight and no windows...

you cant win!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:38 am

i think it must be a personal opinion.

Best lounge food we have had was at the Langham- i intend to post about this in the luxury hotels forum next week and you can also find the review on my blog (which should be on my signature shortly) Food at the langham lounge is FABULOUSO -i took a picture of the spread, but the lounge itself only has a skylight and no windows...

you cant win!
I thought cakes were best at PLG until I went to Kiev, where it is almost a case of not wanting to cut into such nice cakes, a coupe of my evenings at Kiev no one had the heart to cut and spoil the cakes !

Lounge offerings are just so variable

For those who think PLG evening food is a bit lacking, lounge staff will order something up from main kitchen for you at no charge, they did on just my second visit when they offered to after noticing i was not partaking in evening nibbles they had put out, next Paris booking is not until October, hope ownership change does not change anything for the worse.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by scubaccr
For those who think PLG evening food is a bit lacking, lounge staff will order something up from main kitchen for you at no charge, they did on just my second visit when they offered to after noticing i was not partaking in evening nibbles they had put out,...
That's really interesting - didn't know they would do that. What did you order/get? Did they give you any indication what else might be available?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AMDB7
That's really interesting - didn't know they would do that. What did you order/get? Did they give you any indication what else might be available?
I always order an omelet for breakfast, but never bothered in the evening. I've seen others order pizza though.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by stimpy
I always order an omelet for breakfast, but never bothered in the evening. I've seen others order pizza though.
Yes, I often have ordered an omelet in the mornings too, but I always thought the evening orders were chargeable. It would be good if not, as I have to agree with the general consensus that the food offerings in the evening are lacking.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
I end up scoffing more and more nuts and then making myself feel sick before we take a meal but this doesnt stop us using the lounge - we still love it, just need IC PL to pull their socks up abit and we would stay there alot more!

so true those nuts and crisps!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by AMDB7
I just took their kind offer that time, it was a massive eat with knife and fork plated Croque Monsieur like thing but not exactlty one, I could not eat it all.

I can't see you getting a steak but I am sure they can get other things free up to lounge.

I know one time a 2am room service snack, Double fried eggs and french fries cost me 40euro. Could have been worse, as they delivered to room 2dishes each with 2x fried eggs, 4 eggs in all, but I explained I only asked 2 fried eggs so they took the extra away. Maybe I will try to get my Egg+Chips for free in lounge at 7pm on my next visit !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.